Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Bitmob - Every game needs a -Girlfriend Mode.
I’ve met a legion of female players who could cheerfully take me apart in any game of my choosing. And I’m here to tell you that a “girlfriend mode” addresses a real use-case scenario, one the industry must understand better and should cater to in every co-op game and that is neither sexist nor elitist. Quite the opposite, actually.

View
7. Re: Op Ed Aug 17, 2012, 17:30 eRe4s3r

Yeah but how you gonna do that for a COOP game? 1 player always has other skill level than the other....

And that said, I don't think Borderlands 1 is all that great a coop game, the loot system sucks unless they changed it (that is at least the 1 good change Diablo 3 brought, god I hate the coop loot system in Borderlands 1). And at least when you Solo Borderlands, you can really encounter some decent challenges and it feels more like the original Diablo, where every wrong turn could mean death or the super item of doom., I played it (bad mistake) at first with 3 guys on a lan, the game was a complete joke difficulty wise (worse maybe, because we shared good items with each other ,p) so after about level 35 we said. fuck this, it ain't a challenge. Particularly not when you start to really go all crazy with the "team modifiers" on the com's ....

I think this is pretty interesting, in L4D it is always a challenge, because if you don't play together, I mean properly together, you can actually end up loosing. but in Borderlands 1, you could have 3 guys in a group and still just laugh most enemies off if you have good weapons (except maybe elemental enemies of certain type, Corrosive Skags are fun...) and even if you die, no problem, SOMEONE is gonna lure the enemies away while the other revives... but where is the challenge in that?

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 17, 11:59 Re: Op Ed Prez
  3. Aug 17, 12:20  Re: Op Ed PropheT
  6. Aug 17, 13:27  Re: Op Ed Creston
  2. Aug 17, 12:09 Re: Op Ed Cutter
  5. Aug 17, 12:45  Re: Op Ed nin
  4. Aug 17, 12:25 Re: Op Ed Verno
>> 7. Aug 17, 17:30  Re: Op Ed eRe4s3r

footer

Blue's News logo