Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

A Valley Without Wind Art Upgrade Coming

A post on the Games By Design Blog we missed when if first went up a couple of weeks ago discusses plans for an art upgrade for A Valley Without Wind, Arcen's recently released side-scroller. This will come as a free update to those who already own the game, and the post discusses other new features in the works for the upcoming version 1.3. This also involves an interesting exploration of the implications of Kickstarter funding, as Arcen's Christopher Park discusses the pros and cons of funding the art rework in this way, going into detail about why crowdsourcing would not have been the right way to handle this.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: A Valley Without Wind Art Upgrade Coming Aug 17, 2012, 21:59 eRe4s3r

Well before that is coming you first have to actually say what you'd want changed I agree with your comment about exploring and pacing, but everyone has other ideas how to fix that. If you don't detail yours we will never get anything changed. (On the games forum, obviously)  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: A Valley Without Wind Art Upgrade Coming Aug 17, 2012, 16:41 Flatline

Frijoles wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 09:38:
After 6 hours of playing, I still have no idea what I'm doing in this game.

Amen. When is the fucking gameplay update scheduled that tightens things up and makes it an actual game?

I bought this back when I still had a modicum of faith in the indy scene and I bought into the hype.

What a waste. No sense of actual exploring, and pacing is a laugh- which are the two things that metroidvania games actually *need* in spades to keep you playing.

4. Re: A Valley Without Wind Art Upgrade Coming Aug 17, 2012, 09:38 Frijoles

After 6 hours of playing, I still have no idea what I'm doing in this game.  

3. Re: A Valley Without Wind Art Upgrade Coming Aug 17, 2012, 08:19 Omni

I played this a few hours and then I came to the point that it was pretty much like a Asia MMO grind, grind and grind.

I do think the art style is just very strange.

2. Re: A Valley Without Wind Art Upgrade Coming Aug 16, 2012, 22:14 Zyrxil

Really I can't imagine that they had any reason for releasing the game with the original awful art-style, besides lack of funds. It was completely slammed in comments on Indie sites for all the previews months before the game was released.  

1. Re: A Valley Without Wind Art Upgrade Coming Aug 16, 2012, 21:29 DeadlyAccurate

I like this game, but it does have a very odd mish-mash of art styles. Some are decent; others are horrendous. I like the screenshot in that article, though. Some consistency will be nice.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo