Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion

The GeForce Website announces that owners of NVIDIA's new GTX 660 Ti graphics card (see today's hardware revews) or better are entitled to a free copy of Borderlands 2, Gearbox Software's upcoming role-playing shooter sequel. One of the things this will do is enable users to run the game at maximum settings for all sorts of PhysX effects. and this page offers a trailer showing these off.

View
65 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

5. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 16, 2012, 21:14 finga

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 20:38:
That Physx video looks pretty cool, but I am curious if those effects are going to be available on all Nvidia GTX cards or are they exclusive to the GTX 6 series
They've never done anything like that. In all likelihood, it'll run on any Nvidia card that supports PhysX. Whether you'd actually want to give up what is likely the substantial cost in frame rates to get this eye candy is another thing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 16, 2012, 21:03 nin

This is the first video I've seen that actually makes me want to use the physx stuff.

Locked in for BL2 as well. For $37.50, it was hard to say no...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 16, 2012, 20:53 eRe4s3r

Well I doubt you can run maximum physics effect on a single card unless its the very latest, but you can run the normal physX version... yeah less particles but same effect on older cards, and that's probably what they mean by it..

Anyway.. have it pre-ordered Better not disappoint

2. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 16, 2012, 20:43 jacobvandy

That would be incredibly douchey of them. All GeForce cards since the 8800 series possess the CUDA cores necessary for hardware PhysX. The only thing that should vary is your performance, especially if you're running both the graphics and physics on the same card. For best results you use a separate GPU dedicated to doing only the PhysX effects.

With that said, it does look pretty awesome.

1. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 16, 2012, 20:38 SpectralMeat

That Physx video looks pretty cool, but I am curious if those effects are going to be available on all Nvidia GTX cards or are they exclusive to the GTX 6 series  

Steam: SpectralMeat

65 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo