Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Portal 2 Puzzle Maker Adds Co-op

Valve announces a free update to the Portal 2 Puzzle Maker to allow users to create and publish co-op maps for Portal 2, the puzzle sequel, and that have added a "quick play" feature to ease access to the top-rated maps on the Portal 2 portal. They are promoting this by giving all current owners of Portal 2 coupon to give away to allow a friend to buy the game for 75% off. Here's word:

That's right: Puzzle creators can now design and publish co-op maps, which puzzle players can now greedily consume. Well, as long as they have a co-op partner. Which the 75% off coupon should help them (i.e.: you) find. We've also added a "Quick Play" feature that creates never-ending, auto-generated playlists of the top-rated maps in a variety of categories. It has literally never been easier to figuratively jump in and literally play some Portal.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Portal 2 Puzzle Maker Adds Co-op Aug 17, 2012, 11:16 nin

Fucking awesome. I love how companies like Valve & CD Project support their games after release, to show appreciation for fans who already spent $$ on their games, as opposed to treating every feature coming down the pipeline as some monetization strategy.

While Valve and CDP are both companies that need to make a profit, I'd like to think they both realize that a happy customer is a return customer. Something that seems lost on a few of the over big publishers, who seem to focus on a quick cash infusion now (in the form of Yet Another Yearly Sequel, with Yet More Yearly DLC) at the risk of burning out their customers in the long run.

Or maybe I'm just an optimist.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. No subject Aug 17, 2012, 07:52 Numinar

The multi-player level creation system in Halo 3, ODST and Reach has long been an embarrassment to the PC gaming community outside of Gary's mod. Step in the right direction Valve! Maybe you are not just the pretty self owned online publishing monstrosity we take you for.

3. Re: Portal 2 Puzzle Maker Adds Co-op Aug 17, 2012, 07:19 Mordecai Walfish

Fucking awesome. I love how companies like Valve & CD Project support their games after release, to show appreciation for fans who already spent $$ on their games, as opposed to treating every feature coming down the pipeline as some monetization strategy.

Gross corporatism Vs. Customer appreciation.. hmm I wonder which will win in the long run

2. Re: Portal 2 Puzzle Maker Adds Co-op Aug 16, 2012, 23:10 nin

Yeah, pretty damn cool.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Portal 2 Puzzle Maker Adds Co-op Aug 16, 2012, 20:16 [VG]Reagle

PERFECT!!!!!!  

I am much better now.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer