Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic

This trailer is the opening cinematic from World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, the upcoming expansion for World of Warcraft. Word is: "You've ended Deathwing's destructive rampage and saved the dragonflights from extinction. Now you must unlock the mysteries of the lost continent and discover the dark secrets of Pandaria's past. Explore ancient kingdoms hidden since before the Sundering, plunder vast treasures from the depths of the forgotten vaults, and rise to defend Pandaria from the shadow of a long buried evil - before it's too late."

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

10. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 16, 2012, 13:41 Fion

Cool, the next Kung Fu Panda movie has orcs and humans in it!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 16, 2012, 13:27 eunichron

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 12:43:
"You've ended Deathwing's destructive rampage and saved the dragonflights from extinction.

Welll, not YOU, because YOU quit before that was put into the game, because we made the trip from 80 to 85 so short you beat all the story quests in 2 months when it took you a year to do Wrath. But someone...yeah...someone beat Deathwing. So you can come back and play this expansion. You know, if you're not too busy with GW2 and stuff.

Please?

Well, I defeated Deathwing back in February. It made me realize that Blizzard's raid and dungeon design team has no creativity left, so I promptly canceled my account and haven't looked back.

GW2 in 8 days 13 hours!

8. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 16, 2012, 12:52 Agent.X7

You guys all realize that Pandarens were around long before Kung Fu Panda, right?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 16, 2012, 12:45 PropheT

I'm a little stunned. Instead of coming out at critics calling this the Kung Fu Panda expansion, they full-on embraced it as kung fu panda.
I'd probably be excited if I was 8.

I'd sort of been considering going back to see it and level one more character again, if they showed that it was something more than "the kung fu panda expansion", and instead they go with a trailer that says that's exactly what it is. It seems impossibly arrogant, in a way; a few years ago the challenge that everyone was going to play it anyway was probably true but now I'm not so sure.

6. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 16, 2012, 12:43 Agent.X7

"You've ended Deathwing's destructive rampage and saved the dragonflights from extinction.

Welll, not YOU, because YOU quit before that was put into the game, because we made the trip from 80 to 85 so short you beat all the story quests in 2 months when it took you a year to do Wrath. But someone...yeah...someone beat Deathwing. So you can come back and play this expansion. You know, if you're not too busy with GW2 and stuff.

Please?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 16, 2012, 12:31 Cutter

Yeah, it's pretty sad that about the only thing ActiBlizz does right anymore are CGI trailers. But much like Fleetwood Mac, ain't never goin' back again.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 16, 2012, 11:47 Wallshadows

They should have focused the introduction video on the theme of the expansion which is the coming war between the Horde and the Alliance rather than an extended introduction of the Pandaren.

It's a fun video but I can't say I really enjoyed it as far as an opening cinematic is concerned. Past expansion openings gave you an idea of what's going on whereas this just throws Pandaren at your face as a way of saying 'YEAH! PANDAS! LOOK!!!' while giving little to no attention to anything else like the Shas or the broken relations between the Horde and Alliance.

3. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 16, 2012, 11:14 Wowbagger_TIP

So they made a whole expansion out of Kung Fu Panda?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

2. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 16, 2012, 10:44 Creston

Yeah, Blizzard makes absolutely amazing CGI trailers. It's too bad that the quality of their games hasn't kept pace...

I always loved the Pandaren Brewmaster in WC3.

Creston

1. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 16, 2012, 10:35 EvilAsh

Wow Blizzard never disappoints with their Cinematics this was Bad-ass. Definitely will be enjoying my monk alt!  

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo