Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Steam Community Update Details

Valve announces more aspects of their upcoming Steam Community update, describing features for organizing and showing off your collection of screenshots, videos, and Workshop items. Word is: "With this update, Steam is putting all the content you’ve created and shared in one convenient place to make it easier to both show off and manage. Your screenshots will be organized into a rich, continually scrolling page that we’re calling the ‘Image Wall’, showing off both your recent and top-rated images at the top. Videos and Workshop items will also get their own sub-section in your shared files, with the ability to easily sort and manage them."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: More Steam Community Update Details Aug 16, 2012, 08:51 Verno

I'm actually pretty happy with the Steam interface as it is. The only thing I really want is a way to tag games other than categories but I understand it would conflict with some of the other sorting modes. I think the Workshop could be better exposed in the interface but I hope that's sort of what they're addressing.

I'd still like to see a video creation tool built-in.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: More Steam Community Update Details Aug 16, 2012, 06:48 Umbragen

Gee, Thanks! I've been waiting with bated breath....  

5. Re: More Steam Community Update Details Aug 16, 2012, 01:31 El Pit

Great personalisation. That's what everybody was hoping for, right? That's so much better than Half-Life 2: Episode 3.
It's Steambook now. Great.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

4. Re: More Steam Community Update Details Aug 16, 2012, 00:22 jacobvandy

Yeah, GOG's shelf view would not work at all in my Steam library. I might be receptive to a really slick and responsive animated shelf view that shows them like DVD cases lined up on a bookshelf (spines facing out with the titles and icon, couple other tidbits showing), because I need to be able to look through them quickly. Then you click on one and it comes out to show you the full title, art, stats, play button etc. like the current detail view, but on the cover of the case. Maybe have all the other stuff like DLC and CD key lists, launch/update/cloud/overlay options, verify cache, backup, and uninstall actions laid out on the inside of the case when you double click the corner to open it up. Bonus points for having all that overlaid on top of legit-looking manual and disc in the background.

But then, I'm not sure they'd be able to do something like that inside the client as it is now, so this is all just fantasy.

3. Re: More Steam Community Update Details Aug 15, 2012, 23:50 Sepharo

I keep forgetting there's any other view but Detail.  

2. Re: More Steam Community Update Details Aug 15, 2012, 23:20 jimnms

I can't imagine the nightmare of navigating my 200+ games using a wooden shelf type deal like GoG. Also the "downloads" deal is still one click if you're in large mode and if it is downloading or has downloaded something, it will show at the bottom something like xx downloads complete or xx items downloading. If you click that it takes you to the download screen. What I want back is the toggle button that switched between large and small mode.  

Steam Profile

1. Re: More Steam Community Update Details Aug 15, 2012, 22:56 lvitriol

Still waiting for a wooden shelf background for my games like on gog.com & gamersgate or something similar to the the PS3 "Home" but focused on my games instead of running around.

And why did the "downloads" button go from a perfect one click to being inside a drop down menu a year ago :s.

more sp.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo