Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer

EA announces Command & Conquer, a new free-to-play online strategy game (which they are calling a "destination"), saying this will now include the BioWare-developed project originally announced as Command & Conquer Generals 2. This is to launch next year, and they are currently signing up beta testers on this site, where they have more details, and this new trailer. Here's word:

An all-out war rages in Command & Conquer, as players take control of multiple factions, compete for resources, build up operation bases and lead massive batteries of tanks, soldiers and aircrafts into battle. With incredibly detailed units, fully destructible environments, dynamic physics and exhilarating visual effects, Command & Conquer is poised to re-define what gamers expect from a strategy game. Heralding feedback driven design, Command & Conquer will evolve and develop with an expanding array of new content based on community response.

View
67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

7. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 10:45 deqer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 10:30:
What a shame. I had been interested when I heard they were using Frostbyte 2 for this game, and was hoping it wouldn't be a DRM nightmare.
This is partly/exactly why they have the balls to implement DRM into their title and shove it down our throats.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 10:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

What a shame. I had been interested when I heard they were using Frostbyte 2 for this game, and was hoping it wouldn't be a DRM nightmare.

Now, it's going to be some sort of online only micropayment nonsense. Sigh. Oh well, hopefully the free portion is not too crippled, I still want to get a look at the Frostbyte 2 engine in a RTS setting.

5. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 10:23 Dalumberjack

RIP....

We miss you WestWood

I never wanted to do this job in the first place! I... I wanted to be... A LUMBERJACK! Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! With my best girl by my side! The Larch! The Pine! The Giant Redwood tree! The Seq

4. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 10:15 deqer

... at this point in time, what's the point? Why make a game F2P when you know F2P sucks donkey balls? Oh, you don't know that yet? Okay...

Why would anyone bother spending their time on a F2P game. It's a complete waste of time because 1) you're not playing the full game, and 2) because you don't really own the game--you cannot play it offline with friends.

It's not even the full game, unless you buy items within the game. That's what the F2P model is, otherwise why would a company do it. Money.

---

EA thinks they can do what Blizzard did with D3? Take some shiny title "Command and Conquer", and make a F2P online-only game to shove down our throats, and we'll buy it without thinking twice because it's shiny and says C&C on it? Sigh...

3. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 10:12 Verno

Singleplayer games better not go the way of the dodo.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

2. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 10:09 Tavil

Sigh... Damn you EA. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised they'd do something like this.  

1. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 10:08 Prez

Goddammit!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo