Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details

The Team Fortress 2 Website has another update on the Mann versus Machine co-op expansion that's expected today for Valve's teamplay shooter sequel. This post discusses the upgrades available to players harvesting the wreckage of the metal menaces the new patch will bring and also introduces Coal Town, a new museum-themed map.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 16, 2012, 04:56 Bhruic

I think that works if you do a solo game, but it didn't work when I tried it on my server. Sat at "waiting for players" endlessly, never started the round. Unless you have to do something specific to start a round, but it never mentioned that.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 16, 2012, 04:04 mag

Bhruic wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 03:18:
Meh. I was going to check it out on my own server, until I found out that you must have 6 people, and bots on your team don't count. Very annoying. I prefer to play with people I know, and usually we get a small group together (2-3 people) and play vs bots. Was hoping to do that with this, but we'd have to play with 3-4 strangers to do it.

I guess it's nice that Valve is putting out new free content, but forcing group play isn't something I appreciate. Even in L4D(2), you can play with bots.

I was able to play a game just fine with only myself. I got my ass kicked, but the game didn't complain at all. Filling the rest of the slots with bots might've helped me.

13. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 16, 2012, 03:18 Bhruic

Meh. I was going to check it out on my own server, until I found out that you must have 6 people, and bots on your team don't count. Very annoying. I prefer to play with people I know, and usually we get a small group together (2-3 people) and play vs bots. Was hoping to do that with this, but we'd have to play with 3-4 strangers to do it.

I guess it's nice that Valve is putting out new free content, but forcing group play isn't something I appreciate. Even in L4D(2), you can play with bots.

12. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 16, 2012, 00:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, looks like no playing tonight. Can't connect to the server manager thing for the new mode. Guess I'll try again tomorrow  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

11. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 22:46 Kosumo

plus wait for a free server for your to auto que in.

like 39 mins as I type

about 10000 in line for 4 free server with 86 servers full (all *6)

10. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 22:29 Wowbagger_TIP

TF2 just started downloading the update for me. Should be playable soon!!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

9. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 20:45 Panickd

Dev wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 20:37:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 17:07:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 13:57:
When does this go live?

Supposedly this evening!
Its valve. If they release before 3am EST, its still today. Or if they go into minor valve time, if they release before 10am PST the next day, its still considered today for them (since thats when they do the day's steam sales switchover). If they really dig into valve time, it could be a year or more.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Looking at that list, they have two TF2 related to valve saying something would be "today" in valve time releases. One was 11 mins before midnight for TF2 beta. One was 4+ years later, for a bug fix.

It always amuses me when people complain about the timing regarding things like this. "They said it would be released today and I live just across the dateline and it is midnight! Where's my fucking game!"

Valve time would seem to indicate a release somewhere between tonight and 3 years from now exactly. Place yer bets!

8. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 20:37 Dev

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 17:07:
When does this go live?

Supposedly this evening!
Its valve. If they release before 3am EST, its still today. Or if they go into minor valve time, if they release before 10am PST the next day, its still considered today for them (since thats when they do the day's steam sales switchover). If they really dig into valve time, it could be a year or more.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Looking at that list, they have two TF2 related to valve saying something would be "today" in valve time releases. One was 11 mins before midnight for TF2 beta. One was 4+ years later, for a bug fix.

7. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 17:08 Overon

Flak wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 17:00:
Overon wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 15:36:
So are the upgrades persistent between gaming sessions or only during that session?

Pretty sure it's session only, can't see the point in playing a horde mode where you unlock something once and always have it moving forward, kind of takes the challenge out of playing new sessions, no?
Yes I wanted to know if it was like Killing Floor. Except when you level up it's permanent bonuses and then you have to seek higher difficulty levels where enemies move faster, do more damage, there are more of them, and there are more of the most powerful ones.

6. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 17:07 Mordecai Walfish

When does this go live?

Supposedly this evening!

5. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 17:00 Flak

Overon wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 15:36:
So are the upgrades persistent between gaming sessions or only during that session?

Pretty sure it's session only, can't see the point in playing a horde mode where you unlock something once and always have it moving forward, kind of takes the challenge out of playing new sessions, no?

4. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 15:36 Overon

3. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 14:03 Bet

MrRadicalEd wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 13:21:
Don't forget: http://media.steampowered.com/apps/tf2/tobor/upgrade_ui.jpg
Intriguing.

2. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 13:57 Wowbagger_TIP

When does this go live?  

1. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 13:21 MrRadicalEd

Don't forget: http://media.steampowered.com/apps/tf2/tobor/upgrade_ui.jpg  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo