Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Remember Me Announced

Capcom announces Remember Me, a "sleek" sci-fi action/adventure featuring a female protagonist named Nilin due for release on Windows and PlayStation 3 in May 2013 (apparently this is the game once known as ADRIFT). An announcement trailer gives a sense of the game (the top commenter calls it "Mirrors Edge meets Total Recall") and this remixed trailer features a whole bunch of gameplay footage inspiring this top rated comment: "It's like Assassin's Creed, Deus Ex and Watch Dogs had a baby." The Capcom Website notes they will be streaming some gameplay footage from gamescom, and in the meantime, here's word:

Today we're revealing the newest addition to our catalog: Remember Me, a sleek action/adventure set in Neo Paris, 2084, and starring Nilin (seen above), who's a memory hunter on the run.

As you can see from the trailer, this proposed future for humanity has basically done away with secrecy - memories can be bought and sold, and people can know anything about anyone for the right price. Nilin was the apparently one of the best at this, but somewhere along the line, wouldn't you know it, someone wiped her memory and now she's determined to figure out why.

Remember Me blends quick, acrobatic traversal with some equally nimble combat. However, one of the game's unique additions to the genre is the idea of "memory remixing," which can be seen in the video below:

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 13:00 PHJF

Since when did the PS3 become more appealing of a console than the 360?

Since always?

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 10:58 rist3903

If they put in multiple ways to complete objectives it may have some potential.

20. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 10:28 Eirikrautha

Jerykk wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 02:33:
I like the idea of manipulating memories to get NPCs to do what you want. However, it looks like that is more of a gimmick than a fundamental gameplay mechanic in this game. The memory manipulation is basically a slightly interactive cinematic, with only one path to success.

Making the guy commit suicide should be only one of many different solutions. If your primary objective is to stop the guy from gaining power, there are many ways to do that. You could manipulate his girlfriend's memories and convince her that he was having an affair, causing her to speak to the media and ruin his reputation. Or you manipulate some random dude into thinking the target raped his wife and have him shoot the target during a public speech. Or you could convince someone that they are the illegitimate child of the target, which always creates a media sensation.

Agreed. Notice that there are only four choices in the memory, two of which you have to make correctly... and the game rewinds if you get it wrong! Likewise, there appeared to be no way to move down the street proper towards the target (there appeared to be a sensor screen or something), so you had to take the alley. The player was herded to the correct point, given four options, and spent most of his/her time watching a movie playback. Yechh...

19. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 10:14 ItBurn

Yeah, this isn't mirror edge AT ALL. And even less watch dogs! Perhaps a simplified assassin's creed, but looks more like splinter cell. With a touch of deus ex hr in the shape of somewhat open city blocks. It sure as hell doesn't have the serious/polished tone of deus ex. I can't say I'm too excited about it yet. It seemed a bit too linear and directed. I'll be keeping an eye out, but Capcom... I dunno.  

18. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 10:03 wtf_man

Not sure about this one... Watch Dogs still has my interest more... but we'll see.  

17. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 08:26 Mordecai Walfish

Nucas wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 07:15:
Zoom wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 05:05:
Yeah this one reminds me of Omikron as well... let's see if it lives up to the standards. As usual console first means compromise on something, usually map size, interaction, character models...
at least it's the ps3 and not the lowest common denominator that is the 360.

Huh? Since when did the PS3 become more appealing of a console than the 360? Or more capable in any way for that matter? They both suck.

16. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 07:15 Nucas

Zoom wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 05:05:
Yeah this one reminds me of Omikron as well... let's see if it lives up to the standards. As usual console first means compromise on something, usually map size, interaction, character models...
at least it's the ps3 and not the lowest common denominator that is the 360.

15. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 05:46 CJ_Parker

Remember me? Nope. You look forgettable.

/witty mode

14. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 05:30 netnerd85

Cool setting but the gameplay doesn't seem like my cup of tea.  

13. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 05:05 Zoom

12. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 02:38 Rea1One

I was a big fan of Omikron: The Nomad Soul & ghost in the shell series and this looks like the best sci-fi game to come out for a long time.  

11. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 02:33 Jerykk

I like the idea of manipulating memories to get NPCs to do what you want. However, it looks like that is more of a gimmick than a fundamental gameplay mechanic in this game. The memory manipulation is basically a slightly interactive cinematic, with only one path to success.

Making the guy commit suicide should be only one of many different solutions. If your primary objective is to stop the guy from gaining power, there are many ways to do that. You could manipulate his girlfriend's memories and convince her that he was having an affair, causing her to speak to the media and ruin his reputation. Or you manipulate some random dude into thinking the target raped his wife and have him shoot the target during a public speech. Or you could convince someone that they are the illegitimate child of the target, which always creates a media sensation.

10. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 00:47 Rattlehead

dat ass  

9. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 00:33 Rattlehead

Props to the devs for trying something new. Looking forward to seeing more, love the art style and free-roaming aspect  

8. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 00:24 PHJF

http://rememberbender.ytmnd.com/  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 14, 2012, 23:47 Bill Borre

I'm surprised no one mentioned Inception. It's pretty much the same idea.  

6. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 14, 2012, 23:42 Acleacius

wth, did she just cause an innocent guy to kill himself? Maybe I missed something in the dialog. Too bad If so, seems pretty stupid. Even if it's taken out of context, why the hell would to show a clip out of context.

@ Agent.X7 Doesn't sound like or look like Kate B to me, maybe I need to watch Underworld again.

Longjocks wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 23:22:
As for the commentor who said "Mirrors Edge meets Total Recall", where the hell did this come from?
He works at capcom.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

5. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 14, 2012, 23:24 Agent.X7

Is that Kate Beckinsale? Sort of looks like her, and sounds like her.

Game looks pretty cool.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

4. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 14, 2012, 23:22 Longjocks

Looks like my kind of game. I hope it's executed well.

As for the commentor who said "Mirrors Edge meets Total Recall", where the hell did this come from? I kinda get the Total Recall part in a very vague sense, but wouldn't you say Splinter Cell before Mirror's Edge? Or is every game with a female protagonist and climbing perceived as Mirror's Edge in the same way the that every stocky guy with a full beard gets perceived as Zach Galifianakis?

3. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 14, 2012, 23:03 Cutter

Yeah, the game could be interesting. Willing to take a wait and see approach on this.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo