Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ShootMania Storm GamesCom Plans; E3 Tourney Video

The ShootMania Storm Website now offers a trailer showing off the finale of the E3 tournament for NADEO's upcoming first-person shooter. Moving on to the next trade show, the site also features this blurb (thanks Frans) explaining plans to show off the game this weekend at gamescom in Cologne, Germany. This includes more tournaments, as they have two top teams lined up for a match as well as a finals to determine "ShootMania Storm's first European Championship team." All of these will be shoutcast live from the show.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: ShootMania Storm GamesCom Plans; E3 Tourney Video Aug 14, 2012, 05:30 vacs

I only played for half an hour a month ago and at that time it was really tragically bad. Not sure if it is possible to polish that turd somehow...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: ShootMania Storm GamesCom Plans; E3 Tourney Video Aug 13, 2012, 23:35 Axis

ASeven wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 23:06:
Axis wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 20:58:
Shootmania is going for total hype, zero substance. The more I see shit like this and less development on what needs done to the game, the more this game is destined to fail.

Is it that bad? I'm not in the beta so a quick review? What is so bad about it?

Up until the recent network patch, it was absolutely awful - if you cannot play a multiplayer fps due to netcode, its a bust regardless of anything else it had going for it.

Since it's now playable, the game has its moments of fun. But to get to that fun is a lesson in frustration. The interface is the worst interface I've seen in any fps the last 15 years-- no exaggeration, it's abysmal.

Then there's a complete lack of players and good servers. Add to that the servers ability to modify the weapons every server is different which becomes quickly annoying. That's something that can be fixed if it is a good game and some standards defined, however...

The constant banstanding of "Competitive Esport" and lack of addressing the small playerbase ideas and concerns is laughable and insulting -- makes makes Nadeo look like a bunch of buffoons considering the game was barely playable until recently and seem to ignore suggestions.

And that kinda shit turns people off. If they came off honestly -- as a company trying to do something different (lots of customizing, unique movement feel, etc) with the usual pitfalls they'd have a chance. But right now their reputation just keeps dropping, and if they keep it up the game is doomed.

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: ShootMania Storm GamesCom Plans; E3 Tourney Video Aug 13, 2012, 23:06 ASeven

Axis wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 20:58:
Shootmania is going for total hype, zero substance. The more I see shit like this and less development on what needs done to the game, the more this game is destined to fail.

Is it that bad? I'm not in the beta so a quick review? What is so bad about it?

1. Re: ShootMania Storm GamesCom Plans; E3 Tourney Video Aug 13, 2012, 20:58 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo