Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 15, 2012, 12:50 netnerd85

Nucas wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 07:27:
netnerd85 wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 05:41:
Nucas wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 01:50:
netnerd85 wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 01:45:
RAGE is a piece of art - literally. Some people just don't get it or like the style. Which is fine but to act like a bunch of retard monkeys whenever someone says RAGE... why?

i read an interview with a couple of id artists maybe a year or two ago talking about their work on rage.

the interviewer was asking questions assuming they'd done some world-building and forethought, like taking note of how bandit camps often have graffiti and sculptures around them and asked "in the mythology of the game is there a reason the bandits in this world are so art inclined?" and the reply came "because i thought it looked cool" and i found it hilarious that the interviewer had put more thought into their shitty world then their art team.

but that's id for you.
Cool source bro, oh wait... link?

And more things in games are done because they are COOL, because games are meant to be cool and FUN.

but no bro, rage was more than just trying to be cool and fun, it's a piece of art. i mean, that's what you said before but U DIDNT SORCE IT, WHERE UR SORCE? I EXECPT SORCUED COMMENT HERES ON BLEUS NEWS

if you really wanted to know so bad, i'm sure you could figure it out but i imagine you just want to be a whiny, argumentative dipshit instead. you can hang up the mission accomplished banner.
Art is subjective. Games are a form of art. I don't need a source for a fact. The sky is blue, no source needed. People still, really don't call them art as such. But looking at a screenshot of RAGE is like looking at a painting. It's different, I like different. RAGE looks like art and was fun to play. How something looks and how something plays are two completely different things.

I'm sorry you were offended by the text on the screen that I wrote. I didn't mean to cause you any emotional discomfort. May I suggest, next time, rather than caps and insults, try going with an equally smart ass comment.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 15, 2012, 07:27 Nucas

netnerd85 wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 05:41:
RAGE is a piece of art - literally. Some people just don't get it or like the style. Which is fine but to act like a bunch of retard monkeys whenever someone says RAGE... why?

i read an interview with a couple of id artists maybe a year or two ago talking about their work on rage.

the interviewer was asking questions assuming they'd done some world-building and forethought, like taking note of how bandit camps often have graffiti and sculptures around them and asked "in the mythology of the game is there a reason the bandits in this world are so art inclined?" and the reply came "because i thought it looked cool" and i found it hilarious that the interviewer had put more thought into their shitty world then their art team.

but that's id for you.

And more things in games are done because they are COOL, because games are meant to be cool and FUN.

but no bro, rage was more than just trying to be cool and fun, it's a piece of art. i mean, that's what you said before but U DIDNT SORCE IT, WHERE UR SORCE? I EXECPT SORCUED COMMENT HERES ON BLEUS NEWS

if you really wanted to know so bad, i'm sure you could figure it out but i imagine you just want to be a whiny, argumentative dipshit instead. you can hang up the mission accomplished banner.

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 15, 2012, 05:41 netnerd85

but that's id for you.

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 14, 2012, 06:18 Mordecai Walfish

Kajetan wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 03:45:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 20:48:
Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I'd love to see the Cyberdemon in HD!
Play Doom 3.

Or just play the original in HD? What is that, 1920x1080? I think we have the Doom engines/technology for this right now.

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 14, 2012, 03:45 Kajetan

Play Doom 3.

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 14, 2012, 03:13 killer_roach

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 02:26:
That's what happens when you give your team of artists independent free reign. I mean, it's cool that they created an engine where they had unlimited resources for that stuff (or so they say), and I'm sure those guys liked doing the work, but they didn't plan much of anything out very well.

Inmates running the asylum... inmates running the asylum.

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 14, 2012, 02:26 jacobvandy

That's what happens when you give your team of artists independent free reign. I mean, it's cool that they created an engine where they had unlimited resources for that stuff (or so they say), and I'm sure those guys liked doing the work, but they didn't plan much of anything out very well.  

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 14, 2012, 01:50 Nucas

but that's id for you.

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 14, 2012, 01:45 netnerd85

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 14, 2012, 00:27 eRe4s3r

You know you have a kick-ass engine when you can make it look like Doom 2 with little effort. Yeah.. not really Actually, texture wise Rage pretty much looked like Doom 2, just more brown and pixelated  

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 13, 2012, 22:26 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 21:55:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 21:15:

God, I still remember how mindblowing that game was when it came out.

Doom's textures are too high resolution for the Rage engine.

No shit. It'll be awesome to see Doom 1 and 2 with WORSE textures...

Creston

Ahahaha! Nice.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 13, 2012, 21:55 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 21:15:

No shit. It'll be awesome to see Doom 1 and 2 with WORSE textures...

Creston

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 13, 2012, 21:28 DangerDog

They had an easter egg in RAGE where you could walk around a Doom level, sort of a let down as you had nothing to shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybq3yfL2L9I

would be cool to have a 3D view with all the guns modeled in 3D but leave everything else 2D sprites.

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 13, 2012, 21:15 ItBurn

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 13, 2012, 20:48 jdreyer

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 13, 2012, 19:25 jacobvandy

Hmm, id Tech 5 Doom 1 & 2... Put that on Steam and I'd probably buy it.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo