Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Trailer

A new "Come and Get Me" trailer from Borderlands 2 features narration from Handsome Jack as the game's antagonist uses in-game footage to introduce the four playable characters in Gearbox's upcoming shooter sequel.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 14, 2012, 01:13 Creston

I really enjoy the varied scenery in this one; it's a very welcome change from the basic brown drabness that was the first one. But I DO hope they've put more enemies in this time. In the first game you fought Skraggs and Bandits for 90% of the game, and so far all the enemies I see in this one are robots...

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 13, 2012, 20:51 xXBatmanXx

I like the style and gameplay. It is different than other stuff we have to play. Bring it on!  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 13, 2012, 20:26 Sphinx

Oh sure you could use guns, if you're a simpering, whimpering, crybaby. FISTS FOREVER!  
-Sphinx

9. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 13, 2012, 18:44 PHJF

Unfortunately disabling the outline in Borderlands was the only way to get forced FSAA to work. I'd wager in the interim Gearbox still hasn't managed to get their engine into the 21st century...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 13, 2012, 17:59 MajorD

It must be an acquired taste. It looks like the MP aspect of it is good, but too goofy and cartoonish for me. That is why I didn't care for TF2 either.

7. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 13, 2012, 17:02 jdreyer

No need to watch the trailer, this is a must buy. I really enjoyed the first one (120 hours sunk & bought all the DLC, things I never do for an FPS) with its blending of Daiblo and Fallout in a cartoonish FPS. Just tons of over the top gunplay with some cool world building. Flaws, sure there were some, but I was having too much fun to care.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 13, 2012, 16:58 Rattlehead

Love it, beautiful looking. Can't wait, BL was one of my favorite games of 2009, and cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel.  

5. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 13, 2012, 16:53 DeadlyAccurate

I thought you could turn the outlines off either in the menu or through the config. I'm pretty sure I turned mine off. I don't still have the game installed or I'd check.  

4. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 13, 2012, 16:48 Morgan19

And wasn't there a mod for BL1 that disabled the cel-shading/outlines graphic style anyway? I can't imagine that wouldn't make its way to BL2 as well, if that's what you don't like about it...  

3. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 13, 2012, 16:36 Techie714

Looks fun! Love that art style.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 13, 2012, 16:35 Gas Bandit

Actually, it's not cel-shaded. Cel shading implies a post processing filter - Borderlands just really usese comic-book-esque textures and a heavy outline post processing filter. If you hack all the filters off (which some prefer to do), the textures are still there, in all their comic book glory.  

1. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 13, 2012, 16:27 Cutter

Cell-shading. No sir, I don't like it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo