Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's list of the 10 bestselling games for the week on their Steam service:

1. Counter-Strike Glopal Offensive
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  3. Arma II Combined Operations
  4. Borderlands 2
  5. Orcs Must Die! 2
  6. Counter-Strike Complete
  7. PAYDAY: The Heist
  8. Sleeping Dogs
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  10. Legends of Pegasus

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 19:09 deqer

J wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 17:43:
I preferred Action Quake 2 to Counterstrike.
No you didn't. You just think you did.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 18:52 Cutter

Fantaz wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 17:22:
I first heard about the Counter-Strike mod on Blues News. Still to this day imo the best online shooter formula ever made.

Yep, I was pretty heavy into CS for a long time. And that's too bad about LoP. Oh well, I reckon it'll be fixed by the time it hits the bargain bin.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 18:51 Flatline

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 16:55:
Based on your recommendations, I am buying Legends of Pegasus! j/k

How many times are they going to be able to sell Counter Strike, that is the real question. Also, bonus points if you remember when CS was a free mod.

Orcs Must Die 2 is the best title on this list, by the way.

Not only did I remember CS back in the day when it was free, but I remember the beta 1 bug that would occasionally kick up where you left a green hitscan line whenever you fired. Two people would get into a firefight and run away, and you'd turn the corner and see 100 bullet trajectories floating mysteriously in the air.

Good times.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 18:45 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 16:55:

Yeah, I need to get that soon. Still working on crushing everyone's high scores in the first game.

As for Dawnguard, most of the negative reviews I read basically say "it's a quest for which you treck across the whole land over and over."

So... like Skyrim?

That the powers themselves are kinda crappy, eh. That's always the case. I'm kinda interesting in that mega bow you supposedly get, since I always play an archer. Archery is the bomb in Skyrim.

Creston

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 18:00 nin

J wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 17:56:
nin wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 17:54:
Surprised Dawnguard is selling so well, based on the negative reviews I've seen.

Think about it this way: How long was Skyrim at the top of the charts? If just 1% of people who bought Skyrim buy Dawnguard, how many is that?

I figure a lot.

Yeah, I just figured word would eventually get around...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 17:56 J

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 17:54:
Surprised Dawnguard is selling so well, based on the negative reviews I've seen.

Think about it this way: How long was Skyrim at the top of the charts? If just 1% of people who bought Skyrim buy Dawnguard, how many is that?

I figure a lot.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 17:54 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 17:51 Stimpack

That says Glopal Offensive.  

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 17:43 J

I preferred Action Quake 2 to Counterstrike.  

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 17:22 Fantaz

I first heard about the Counter-Strike mod on Blues News. Still to this day imo the best online shooter formula ever made.  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 16:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Based on your recommendations, I am buying Legends of Pegasus! j/k

How many times are they going to be able to sell Counter Strike, that is the real question. Also, bonus points if you remember when CS was a free mod.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 16:36 Kaldon

DO NOT BUY Legends of Pegasus, the game is alpha quality at best, its not even beta quality, nowhere remotely close to release quality. in the 83 minutes I've managed to play I stopped counting after 18 show stopping bugs, i experienced 10 crashes. The game won't save, when you do manage to get it to save the file gets corrupt and when you try to load a save game you cant get the load screen to even come up. Save yourself the heartache, money, and irritation AVOID Legends of Pegasus at all costs.  

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo