Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's list of the 10 bestselling games for the week on their Steam service:

1. Counter-Strike Glopal Offensive
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  3. Arma II Combined Operations
  4. Borderlands 2
  5. Orcs Must Die! 2
  6. Counter-Strike Complete
  7. PAYDAY: The Heist
  8. Sleeping Dogs
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  10. Legends of Pegasus

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2012, 10:18 Beamer

Orcs Must Die 2 is definitely my game of 2012 thus far.

I've 5 skulled (on Warmage) all the classics and all but one of the Story (Crunch took a while, and now I can easily do the last level but have been over par each time.)

I'll go back and do some on Nightmare, and I've done a few on endless, but those stupid grenade-packing wolves turn the game from a ton of fun to just plain annoying. Wave 15 (or something) on Crunch is just about 10 of those stupid grenade wolves. Bleh.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2012, 10:06 Prez

Two games from that list I just bought are Payday Wolfpack and Orcs Must Die 2. The new heists in Payday are nice - worth playing just for the variety. Orcs 2 is just delightfully fun. But damn hard to get 5 skulls on some levels.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2012, 09:35 jomisab

How many more weeks before the main Skyrim game goes out of the top 10?

Pretty impressive run.

I wonder what's the longest time any title has spent in the top 10. Is Skyrim the record holder?

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2012, 09:10 Verno

I'm done with Dawnguard and I must say that it was much better than I anticipated. Worth the money in my opinion. I don't want to spoil anything, but if you like TES lore and exploration, this is for you.

I landed on the opposite side, I found it ranged from ok to tedious. It's not really worth the $20 IMO. The mainline quest it adds is average at best and there's a lot of fetch questing that pads out the length. Skyrim already has endless fetch quests with the radiant generators as it is. There are some little additions that complement the world but it's prime sale material, $20 is just too much for what it offers. I love me some Skyrim (the ASIS modules rule btw) but they can do better.

On a different note, I hate how release schedules conflict so much these days. Guild Wars 2, CS:GO, Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2, Planetside 2 beta and several other titles all land in the same month. Not enough time in the days!

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2012, 09:17.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2012, 09:08 ItBurn

I'm done with Dawnguard and I must say that it was much better than I anticipated. Worth the money in my opinion. I don't want to spoil anything, but if you like TES lore and exploration, this is for you.  

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2012, 08:59 Chromius

Threewave CTF #1 I agree

I really did like the original TF mod though it was no where near as popular, I do wish it had not been so cut down to make it popular.

I think I still have my TEN coaster from Duke3d.

I just hope for once they keep up with the anticheat. I have personally witnessed in CS-S beta all the people on the same server I played on who I had no problems wasting "suddenly" all became pro overnight (moslty all in the same clan.)

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2012, 08:55 xXBatmanXx

Dades wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 07:29:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 04:36:
To each their own. A large part of Shivering Isle's appeal was that it wasn't just more of the same. It had a drastically different look than Oblivion and was a refreshing change.

7/10 isn't a good score these days considering most sources seem to use 8-10 as a scale. Many reviews also complain about an alarming amount of bugs and that the quest content it does add is very underwhelming even in the context of the original game. A few even go as far as calling it very overpriced for what little it delivers.

For the amount of time you get from the core game - spending more to get even a little more of content is ok in my book. Such an amazing game and amazing in game world.....I spent 99% of my time doing shit not even required for the game. I dunno. Just my thing I guess. These open world games are like crack to me.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2012, 07:29 Dades

Jerykk wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 04:36:
To each their own. A large part of Shivering Isle's appeal was that it wasn't just more of the same. It had a drastically different look than Oblivion and was a refreshing change.

7/10 isn't a good score these days considering most sources seem to use 8-10 as a scale. Many reviews also complain about an alarming amount of bugs and that the quest content it does add is very underwhelming even in the context of the original game. A few even go as far as calling it very overpriced for what little it delivers.

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2012, 04:36 Jerykk

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 04:11:
nin wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 17:54:
Surprised Dawnguard is selling so well, based on the negative reviews I've seen.

All the "negative," if negative can be a 7 or so, reviews of the DLC basically just say it's more Skyrim. Thankfully more Skyrim is exactly what I want out of a Skyrim DLC.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2012, 04:11 StingingVelvet

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 17:54:
Surprised Dawnguard is selling so well, based on the negative reviews I've seen.

All the "negative," if negative can be a 7 or so, reviews of the DLC basically just say it's more Skyrim. Thankfully more Skyrim is exactly what I want out of a Skyrim DLC.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2012, 00:47 .Drifter

Kaldon wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 16:36:
DO NOT BUY Legends of Pegasus, the game is alpha quality at best, its not even beta quality, nowhere remotely close to release quality. in the 83 minutes I've managed to play I stopped counting after 18 show stopping bugs, i experienced 10 crashes. The game won't save, when you do manage to get it to save the file gets corrupt and when you try to load a save game you cant get the load screen to even come up. Save yourself the heartache, money, and irritation AVOID Legends of Pegasus at all costs.

You know, I have yet to read anything positive about the game.
Well, unless you count the "positively awful" comments.

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 23:12 Dirwulf

Dawnguard looked good on paper, then it took an arrow to the knee...

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 23:04 Sepharo

Herzog wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 20:56:
J wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 17:43:
I preferred Action Quake 2 to Counterstrike.

AQ2 was amazing fun.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 16:55:
Based on your recommendations, I am buying Legends of Pegasus! j/k

How many times are they going to be able to sell Counter Strike, that is the real question. Also, bonus points if you remember when CS was a free mod.

Orcs Must Die 2 is the best title on this list, by the way.

Double bonus points if you remember your WON ID.

I don't remember it but I'm sure my WON ID still exists out there on a few clan/tournament sites. But I do remember the IP address to Detroit Counter-Strike where I spent the first 3 or so years of my CS time at: 24.30.77.137

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 22:44 xXBatmanXx

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 22:18:
NetQuake or GTFO!

1. 3 Wave CTF/Thunderwalker CTF
2. Tribes
3. Wolf:ET
4. CS
5. UT

Those should be the top 5 FPS's for everyone.. choose your own order.
-----------
Wondering if this new CS will be a good time waster when i'm not elbows deep in GW2.

I miss my grappling hook in QW.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 22:38 MisterBenn

I recall Duke Nukem head to head back at university, using BNC cables that we threaded along with the electric cables between our two rooms. I remember on the first level barricading myself in that room with the pinball machine and defending it with pipe bombs... and blowing up my mate again and again until he came to visit me exasperated and angry. Good times!  

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 22:19 Fantaz

Flatline wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 18:51:

How many times are they going to be able to sell Counter Strike, that is the real question. Also, bonus points if you remember when CS was a free mod.

Not only did I remember CS back in the day when it was free, but I remember the beta 1 bug that would occasionally kick up where you left a green hitscan line whenever you fired. Two people would get into a firefight and run away, and you'd turn the corner and see 100 bullet trajectories floating mysteriously in the air.

Good times.

ahh, yes... i remember Beta 1. refreshing Planet Half-Life page until a download mirror was available.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 22:18 ColoradoHoudini

NetQuake or GTFO!

1. 3 Wave CTF/Thunderwalker CTF
2. Tribes
3. Wolf:ET
4. CS
5. UT

Those should be the top 5 FPS's for everyone.. choose your own order.
-----------
Wondering if this new CS will be a good time waster when i'm not elbows deep in GW2.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 20:56 Herzog

J wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 17:43:
I preferred Action Quake 2 to Counterstrike.

AQ2 was amazing fun.

Double bonus points if you remember your WON ID.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 20:35 DangerDog

Fantaz wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 17:22:
I first heard about the Counter-Strike mod on Blues News. Still to this day imo the best online shooter formula ever made.

For semi-realistic shooters, Soldier of Fortune 2 multiplayer rates extremely high for me.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 19:18 RailWizard

Kaldon wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 16:36:
DO NOT BUY Legends of Pegasus, the game is alpha quality at best, its not even beta quality, nowhere remotely close to release quality. in the 83 minutes I've managed to play I stopped counting after 18 show stopping bugs, i experienced 10 crashes. The game won't save, when you do manage to get it to save the file gets corrupt and when you try to load a save game you cant get the load screen to even come up. Save yourself the heartache, money, and irritation AVOID Legends of Pegasus at all costs.

That's a shame. That game looks good, tho maybe not $40 good.

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo