Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 22:17 hb3d

Jerykk wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 21:54:
I'm not really motivated to spend $7 for a month of IGN Prime so I can save 90 cents.
The discount is stackable and continual, but it only really pays off if you spend at least $50 at Gamersgate. So, if you're not a frequent shopper at Gamersgate, then no, it's not worth it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 21:54 Jerykk

hb3d wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 21:39:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 19:02:
I may have to bite on that one. I was waiting for it to hit $5 but $6 is close enough.
If you have your 15% off code @ Gamersgate for being an IGN member, it is close to $5. By the way you don't have to be an IGN member for more than a month to get the savings.

I'm not really motivated to spend $7 for a month of IGN Prime so I can save 90 cents. Now, if that 15% off could be used at Steam or GMG (and stack with other coupons and discounts), that might be more tempting.

27. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 21:39 hb3d

Jerykk wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 19:02:
I may have to bite on that one. I was waiting for it to hit $5 but $6 is close enough.
If you have your 15% off code @ Gamersgate for being an IGN member, it is close to $5. By the way you don't have to be an IGN member for more than a month to get the savings.

26. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 19:02 Jerykk

hb3d wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 10:23:
Ray Marden wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 23:26:
Noting Syndicate is $12 at GG, though a horribly flawed game,
Syndicate is now $6 at Gamersgate and will be for the next 16 hours.

Gamersgate's sale has been going on for the past two weeks (with two weeks to go I believe) with standard discounts on a wide range of games and then 75% off of four or five titles per day.

On a side note, I don't know why GG forces you to wait 10 minutes before they'll show you the key for the game you just bought. That's just annoying.

25. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 15:41  Blue 

christheshitter wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 17:48:
80% sale on Assassins Creed where? I only get it to 30%. Or is it only for American residents?

My error, sorry about that.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

24. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 15:14 xXBatmanXx

Wow. Guild Wars 2 on gmg with coupon comes to 48.00.....might need to grab it now.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

23. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 10:23 hb3d

Ray Marden wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 23:26:
Syndicate is now $6 at Gamersgate and will be for the next 16 hours.

Gamersgate's sale has been going on for the past two weeks (with two weeks to go I believe) with standard discounts on a wide range of games and then 75% off of four or five titles per day.

22. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 05:54 Luke

Cutter wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 19:41:
Luke wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 19:31:
How is the DRM on Anno 2070 ?

It's Tages which is why we're waiting for it to get cheap.

OK thanks

21. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 05:24 Jerykk

Bhruic wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 04:29:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 03:57:
That's not an accurate description of Origin. Unless the game explicitly requires Origin (most new EA games), you can run it without launching Origin.

Really? Haven't bought anything newer on it (it applies taxes, where Steam does not), so I guess I was assuming.

They charge taxes? Wow, that's pretty lame. I've never actually bought anything directly from them. I've just put in keys that I got elsewhere.

20. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 04:29 Bhruic

Jerykk wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 03:57:
That's not an accurate description of Origin. Unless the game explicitly requires Origin (most new EA games), you can run it without launching Origin.

Really? Haven't bought anything newer on it (it applies taxes, where Steam does not), so I guess I was assuming.

19. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 03:57 Jerykk

Bhruic wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 01:55:
Dev wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 20:47:
Well they went from near digital sales to some amount of digital sales. My guess is its not doing too bad, they had a built in customer database of all previous impulse customers to start with, and now they can get consolers who are looking to try some PC games with no fussing over cds.

Not really. With Origin, if you want to play a game you got from it, you mostly need to run Origin. With Steam, if you want to play a game you got from it, you mostly need to run Steam. With Impulse, if you want to play a game you got from it, well, you just run the game. No need to run the client at all.

The only people who they can really advertise to directly are people who need to re-download a game. That doesn't give them a large percentage of the already small percentage of the market they have.

18. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2012, 01:55 Bhruic

Dev wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 20:47:
Well they went from near digital sales to some amount of digital sales. My guess is its not doing too bad, they had a built in customer database of all previous impulse customers to start with, and now they can get consolers who are looking to try some PC games with no fussing over cds.

Not really. With Origin, if you want to play a game you got from it, you mostly need to run Origin. With Steam, if you want to play a game you got from it, you mostly need to run Steam. With Impulse, if you want to play a game you got from it, well, you just run the game. No need to run the client at all.

The only people who they can really advertise to directly are people who need to re-download a game. That doesn't give them a large percentage of the already small percentage of the market they have.

17. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 23:26 Ray Marden

GG is running its summer sale as well. I picked up Red Faction: Armageddon for $5, but it says that is only running for another 3 hours or so. Otherwise, there are a few other decent/mediocre titles in the $5-$10 range: DMC4, Darksiders, Mafia II, DNF, Homefront, Alice: Madness Returns, etc.

Ray On both a gameplay and technical front.

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2012, 01:49.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

16. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 23:20 nin

beaves wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 23:10:
Thank you! It works!

Excellent! Someone on the gmg bords was having the exact opposite problem, where capsule wasn't working for them, so I went and found the link (and suggested they try it from gog). In the meantime, I finally got around to adding both W and W2 to my gog list, using my steam keys...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 23:10 beaves

Thank you! It works!  

14. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 22:57 nin

beaves wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 22:19:
I couldn't get the witcher 2 on GOG. I tried gifting it, but no luck. I downloaded capsule and got it from Green Man Gaming. Is it too late to add it to GOG? I would really like the extra content.

Sign into gog and then take your key to http://www.gog.com/witcherbackup and you're good to go.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 22:19 beaves

I couldn't get the witcher 2 on GOG. I tried gifting it, but no luck. I downloaded capsule and got it from Green Man Gaming. Is it too late to add it to GOG? I would really like the extra content.  

12. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 20:55 PHJF

aka, always on DRM.

No, you can still play without connection... but it cuts out access to your ark warehouse (which it has no reason to do) and disables the global economy thing the game has going (which at least makes sense).

Steam + PSN: PHJF

11. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 20:47 Dev

PHJF wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 20:39:

It has uPlay requirement that actively removes aspects of the game without an internet connection.
aka, always on DRM.
Verno wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 19:50:
I wonder how much traction Gamestop has been getting after their acquisition of Impulse.
Well they went from near zero digital sales to some amount of digital sales. My guess is its not doing too bad, they had a built in customer database of all previous impulse customers to start with, and now they can get consolers who are looking to try some PC games with no fussing over cds.

Plus, they now sell steam gift cards, which means you can get steam games anonymously with cash if one desires. Or if you tell relatives you want gamestop gift cards you can use them for steam. They are certainly going to take a percentage of all steam gift cards sold from there.

So I bet they aren't doing too shabby on the digital front.

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2012, 15:20.

10. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 20:39 PHJF

It has uPlay requirement that actively removes aspects of the game without an internet connection.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo