Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

PC Gamer offers "PCGMR-GREEN-SUMMR" as a coupon code for 20% off any PC gaming download on Green Man Gaming (thanks nin). This is good for a week, and can be used repeatedly.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 23:15 killer_roach

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 14:40:
PHJF wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 21:38:

It's a mediocre game, but you can get F.E.A.R. 3 from GMG today (Friday) for ~$3 with the coupon and daily sale...

After wasting $50 on FEAR2, $3 is about what I feel comfortable with.
It's peculiar how people will say "I'll wait until it reaches a certain level before I buy X average to bad game". Why buy it at all? Gotta have everything?

Willingness to pay. If you think you'll really enjoy something, it's higher. If you think you might possibly get some enjoyment out of it, but aren't sure, it's lower.

Fantastic how that works.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 19:38 nin

Yeah, thats a great deal on W2...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

16. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 16:52 xXBatmanXx

Use GMG a lot - never had any issues. They give you a key, you enter it in Steam. Not a whole lot of room for error other than user error. I even have bought some things and downloaded via their "capsule". No issues.

Witcher 2 with code at GMG is 12 bux, just bought it and put into GOG and got all the goodies from them.

Bonus content downloads
manual
wallpapers
game guide
high quality artbook (232 pages)
soundtrack (320 kb/s 50 tracks)
bonus videos (46 min)
making of videos (48 min)
HQ artworks
Triss Playboy session
comic book (50 pages)
map of The Northen Kingdom
papercraft dolls with game's characters
pamphlet & envelope
localized extras (HU, PL)
localized extras (ZH, CZ, DE, EN, ES)
localized extras (FR, IT, JP)

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2012, 17:09.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

15. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 14:40 Dmitri_M

PHJF wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 21:38:

It's a mediocre game, but you can get F.E.A.R. 3 from GMG today (Friday) for ~$3 with the coupon and daily sale...

It's peculiar how people will say "I'll wait until it reaches a certain level before I buy X average to bad game". Why buy it at all? Gotta have everything?

14. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 06:03 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 23:10:
GMG can sometimes have issues when it comes to delivering keys. I had to contact customer support to get my Treasure Isle DLC code for Risen 2 and more recently, I received an e-mail saying that my Darksiders 2 key was available when in fact it wasn't available until a day later.
The whole key thing is usually because they end up getting more sales than they expect. But from what I've heard, they do get the keys out.
Also, they aren't the only ones who run out of keys. Amazon has run out of keys before, and even STEAM has run out of keys on occasion.

13. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 04:30 Jerykk

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 03:37:
I also only buy Steam keys from them (they do sell Steam keys for games that are not necessarily using Steamworks). Well, I got Guild Wars 2 there recently, but that was the same sort of thing, just a key. They consistently have the best pre-order deals, whether due to their store-wide vouchers or specific limited-time promos. That combined with the very respectable sales they have on older games is why they are probably the fastest growing digital distributor in the world.

I don't know when they started out, but within the past year or so they have far surpassed older and better-established places including GameStop/Impulse, GamersGate, and Direct2Drive/GameFly. At least in my opinion. I don't know how they're making money reselling Steam keys so cheaply, but I hope they keep it up because it's fucking great.

GMG has the best pre-order deals, certainly, but their selection is a bit scarce compared to Amazon, Steam and GamersGate. If they expanded their selection and made their proprietary download/DRM client less crappy, they could come in second place to Steam.

12. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 03:37 jacobvandy

I also only buy Steam keys from them (they do sell Steam keys for games that are not necessarily using Steamworks). Well, I got Guild Wars 2 there recently, but that was the same sort of thing, just a key. They consistently have the best pre-order deals, whether due to their store-wide vouchers or specific limited-time promos. That combined with the very respectable sales they have on older games is why they are probably the fastest growing digital distributor in the world.

I don't know when they started out, but within the past year or so they have far surpassed older and better-established places including GameStop/Impulse, GamersGate, and Direct2Drive/GameFly. At least in my opinion. I don't know how they're making money reselling Steam keys so cheaply, but I hope they keep it up because it's fucking great.

11. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 01:04 Prez

I only buy from GMG when they are having sales on Steamworks games, but never had a single issue.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 01:00 Cutter

Jerykk wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 23:10:
GMG can sometimes have issues when it comes to delivering keys. I had to contact customer support to get my Treasure Isle DLC code for Risen 2 and more recently, I received an e-mail saying that my Darksiders 2 key was available when in fact it wasn't available until a day later.

This is true. What's also true is I've cancelled the purchases of those games - not used the key - and asked for a refund explaining why and they've had no problem doing it both times it's happened so far. Best bet is just to check in on the forum to ensure the keys are immediate.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9. Re: On Sale Aug 11, 2012, 00:23 Dades

Closed Betas wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 20:28:
Trust me when I say stay far away from Green Man Gaming... You have been OFFICIALLY warned..

Oh they're fine, stop being such a weirdo.

8. Re: On Sale Aug 10, 2012, 23:10 Jerykk

7. Re: On Sale Aug 10, 2012, 21:38 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: On Sale Aug 10, 2012, 21:23 Riker

Fantastic deal. I bought DX:HR from GMG at a significant discount and had zero problems. I'll probably snag Guild Wars 2 with this, since I missed the previous sales (and missed out on the stress tests, beta weekends, and 3-day advance perk... grrr).  

5. Re: On Sale Aug 10, 2012, 21:15 Dev

I've not had a problem with them.

If you are hesitant, one could just use them on games that have steam codes, put the code into steam immediately on getting it, then you will never have to be dependent on GMG for anything else in the future.

4. Re: On Sale Aug 10, 2012, 21:06 Cutter

I've always had only good experiences with GMG an will continue to support them.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: On Sale Aug 10, 2012, 20:55 Ray Marden

Outside of the bank flagging UK charges, GMG is a great site.

First game is still the only good one.
Fully approving of GMG purchases,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

2. Re: On Sale Aug 10, 2012, 20:49 nin

I've not had a single problem with them. Got Borderlands2 and Sleeping Dogs coming from them. Got DX, SR3, and Dead Island in the past.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: On Sale Aug 10, 2012, 20:28 Closed Betas

Trust me when I say stay far away from Green Man Gaming... You have been OFFICIALLY warned...  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo