Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: etc., etc. Aug 13, 2012, 02:45 Veterator

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 11:28:
Veterator wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 02:48:
Only thing the game added combat wise was cover, and using it was friggin annoying.

Yeah, I never cared for that, as a smuggler...

"Ok, you attack, and I'm gonna go hide behind that rock for a second!"

I mean it looked OK when you used environment ones, it just never worked worth a crap. And your DPS/etc suffered because you had to rely on this weird mechanic that never worked very well and left you fighting in the open most times because you had to move for all the knockbacks and stuff.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: etc., etc. Aug 12, 2012, 11:28 nin

Veterator wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 02:48:
Only thing the game added combat wise was cover, and using it was friggin annoying.

Yeah, I never cared for that, as a smuggler...

"Ok, you attack, and I'm gonna go hide behind that rock for a second!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: etc., etc. Aug 12, 2012, 02:48 Veterator

12. Re: etc., etc. Aug 11, 2012, 15:19 theAntiELVIS

"Lose the Force, Luke!"  

11. Re: etc., etc. Aug 11, 2012, 13:50 xXBatmanXx

I am sure they made their money, and don't have the interest to keep the world moving and evolving. Star Wars is such a vast universe, it would take a pretty big team working full time to keep enough content to keep people around.....I am huge on SW, but I didn't even bother - I was worried I would be let down....I will stick to the books.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: etc., etc. Aug 11, 2012, 12:01 Axis

Odd, I predicted the failure of the game due waning interest in spewing jedi quotes while swinging a lightsaber at Darthies...

Oh also the boring static combat and the "all in" on voice/story with a semi traditional mmo tackon at the end.

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: etc., etc. Aug 11, 2012, 01:57 Dades

D_K_night wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 00:58:
"The message from players exiting the game is clear: 40% say they were turned off by the monthly subscription, and many indicate they would come back if we offer a free-to-play model,"

- WRONG. That's not the reason players left.

The reason they left, was not because of the subscription fee, but because the content within the game didn't justify the sub fee.

If the sub fee really was the reason, then why didn't WoW immediately implode and die? It's because, as dated as the game is(for the moment in time, until their next expansion)...I apologize for saying this guys, but WoW is still a very good game. Engine responsiveness second to none, plenty of content to explore...list goes on forever.

Thank you, god these executives can be totally brainless and disconnected from the very content they fund. They made a game that wasn't worth paying a monthly fee for, that's the real problem. Going free to play won't necessarily solve that, they don't have a lot of post level content that is compelling.

8. Re: etc., etc. Aug 11, 2012, 01:54 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 00:56:
WTF? Why was my comment removed?

Apparently Mordecai reported himself and you quoted it Huh

7. No subject Aug 11, 2012, 00:58 D_K_night

"The message from players exiting the game is clear: 40% say they were turned off by the monthly subscription, and many indicate they would come back if we offer a free-to-play model,"

- WRONG. That's not the reason players left.

The reason they left, was not because of the subscription fee, but because the content within the game didn't justify the sub fee.

If the sub fee really was the reason, then why didn't WoW immediately implode and die? It's because, as dated as the game is(for the moment in time, until their next expansion)...I apologize for saying this guys, but WoW is still a very good game. Engine responsiveness second to none, plenty of content to explore...list goes on forever.

6. Re: etc., etc. Aug 11, 2012, 00:56 Cutter

WTF? Why was my comment removed?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: etc., etc. Aug 10, 2012, 22:09 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 21:11:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 21:06:
Bunch of distasteful feather ruffling stuff

quotes said offensive material to double down on the profane

reported.

did someone fart?

4. Re: etc., etc. Aug 10, 2012, 21:34 mag

Cutter wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 21:11:
There's really no need for that kind of juvenile behavior. Keep that sort of shit on Kotaku where it belongs.

Hahahahahahaha

3. removed Aug 10, 2012, 21:11 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 10, 2012, 22:14.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. removed Aug 10, 2012, 21:06 Mordecai Walfish

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 10, 2012, 22:03.

1. Re: etc., etc. Aug 10, 2012, 20:50 Eirikrautha

Who was the reporter that wrote this crap, Joseph Goebbels? The free-to-play change comes from the declining subscriptions, because the game failed to implement its features in a manner that would lead to players wanting to play for more than a short time.

The Lucas reality-distortion device must be set on high (that or this reporter must be exceptionally susceptible to the Jedi mind-trick)...

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo