Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video

An interview on MCV and a Letter from the Producer, XXXIII (08-08-2012) on the Final Fantasy XIV outline plans for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, a reworking of the MMO version of Square Enix's flagship franchise that has failed to live up to their expectations. The producer's letter is accompanied by a director's cut trailer "intended to give those currently experiencing the current struggles in Eorzea a few hints at the rebirth that FINAL FANTASY XIV is headed toward." The trailer doesn't offer gameplay, but word is: "For old-school FF fans out there like me, I hope that you can feel a nice mix of the old and the new—some nostalgia and some novelty. This is the second trailer for the game. The last one was The Fate of Eorzea. Let’s go ahead and call this one A Realm Reborn. Boom. That just happened."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 11, 2012, 07:59 kunic

Dades wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 17:46:
Few other companies would have the sack to say they're sorry and try to fix the game from the ground up. How about a trailer showing something other than cinematics? Damn Square-Enix loves their bloody CGI.

Yoshi said they were going to be heavily releasing gameplay footage, starting at Gamescom. It's not just "hey, here's us killing some mobs" either, but also in-depth videos which include tutorials on some of their new systems.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 10, 2012, 19:42 Mordecai Walfish

Verno wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 14:42:
SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 13:29:
As much as I want to give this game another shot, due to rabid Final Fantasy Fanboyism... Guild Wars 2.

Man I don't know, I'm about as big an FF fanboy as they come and I'm pretty dubious about this. Between the original beta/launch for this, FFXIII, FFXIII-2 and now plans for FFXIII-3 (yep Final Fantasy 13 Three) I'm left wondering if anyone sane still works there.

Agreed. As a long-time fan of the series I had to jump ship after FF 12. I gave FF13 a try but cannot give two fucks about the design choices they have been making in the past 5 or so years.

I think everything in the Nova Crystalis "series" should have been it's own fucking game and not just stapled onto the Final Fantasy name.. its just such a huge mess..

11. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 10, 2012, 19:28 SimplyMonk

Dades wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 17:46:
Few other companies would have the sack to say they're sorry and try to fix the game from the ground up. How about a trailer showing something other than cinematics? Damn Square-Enix loves their bloody CGI.

I always wondered if they had made a better movie than "Spirits Within" if Square-Enix would be a movie company now.

10. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 10, 2012, 17:49 HorrorScope

Out of touch much.... A movie? Is this 1998? Oh no, no they didn't. Oh shit they did, '98 called and wants their FMV trailer back.  

9. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 10, 2012, 17:46 Dades

8. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 10, 2012, 16:31 Stimpack

I imagine some old man just opened his trench coat in front of him.  

7. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 10, 2012, 16:12 PHJF

GW2 is basically everything I wanted out of FFXIV sans moogles.

It has chocobos?!?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 10, 2012, 15:54 SimplyMonk

Verno wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 14:42:
As much as I want to give this game another shot, due to rabid Final Fantasy Fanboyism... Guild Wars 2.

Man I don't know, I'm about as big an FF fanboy as they come and I'm pretty dubious about this. Between the original beta/launch for this, FFXIII, FFXIII-2 and now plans for FFXIII-3 (yep Final Fantasy 13 Three) I'm left wondering if anyone sane still works there.

Don't get me wrong. I have a bunch of respect for Square in that they didn't settle for the game just being crap and are actually working hard and investing in the game to make it better... but unless they really come out with something at least as progressive as GW2, I can't really say I would take even the time to give it a whirl again.

As for the 13, 13-2 and 13-3 nonsense... It isn't any different to me than the off shoot games they made based on FF7 of FF12. Although, at least with their other offshoot games, they were usually a change of genre like Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core and Revenant Wings. Maybe they've just gotten lazy with their naming?

5. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 10, 2012, 15:30 wtf_man

What a horrid fucking trailer.

All it did was make me want to stay away from the game even more.

4. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 10, 2012, 15:06 WyldKat

Not an FF fangirl but I really fell in love with my FFXIV character, but the game itself burnt me. GW2 is basically everything I wanted out of FFXIV sans moogles. If it's free to come back and check it out I might, but I won't ever let them swindle me out of money again.

3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 10, 2012, 14:42 Verno

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

2. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 10, 2012, 13:36 nin

That look on his face above, in the preview? That's the look I get every time another mmo is announced. "What? Really?"

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Rebirth Interview; Video Aug 10, 2012, 13:29 SimplyMonk

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo