Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher 2 Mod Kit Details Next Week

CD Projekt RED announces they will be attending Gamescom 2012 in Germany next week, demonstrating a toolkit for creating modifications for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, their action/RPG sequel . The SDK is called REDkit (not to be confused with the exploit kit of the same name), and they say more details about this will be revealed at the time, in the meantime calling it "the best tool for modders to create complex and non-linear adventures in the world of The Witcher 2."

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: The Witcher 2 Mod Kit Details Next Week Aug 10, 2012, 03:04 NetHead

Good news, though I can't help feeling disappointed that they didn't release the SDK around the time the game was released.

It's a great game and mods could add a lot but it's been out for so long the fanfare has long died down.

I find it strange that they don't make the SDK as user friendly as possible before/during making the game, as it would only help them make the game more efficiently and having it at release would generate more interest. Sure polish the SDK after the games release but releasing it so long after I feel that the game, the players, the modders and CD Projekt have missed missed out on something.

Great game and company but to little to late here, I doubt there will be any significant interest in modding it especially as since the games release another Elder Scrolls came out and modders as expected have flocked to it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: The Witcher 2 Mod Kit Details Next Week Aug 9, 2012, 20:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 19:25:
Who are you? The Kool Aid guy?
Only on Thursday afternoons, but I'm serving up blueberry today! OH YEAH!

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: The Witcher 2 Mod Kit Details Next Week Aug 9, 2012, 19:25 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 15:57:
Oh yeah!

Who are you? The Kool Aid guy?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: The Witcher 2 Mod Kit Details Next Week Aug 9, 2012, 15:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Oh yeah!  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo