Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Patch Info Incoming

A new post on the Diablo III Forums outlines five different articles they are working on to prepare Diablo III players for the upcoming patch to update the action/RPG sequel to version 1.0.4, saying these will be posted "in the not-too-distant future," though there's no real hint about when the patch will go live. They say they are cooking up a high-level summary of planned system changes, an outline of Legendary item improvements, an update on how Magic Find is changing, a preview of how each class will change, as well as the full patch notes.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 10, 2012, 09:04 Verno

briktal wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 08:22:
To be fair, we live in a world where people tweet photos of their debit cards.

Judging by the fact they just got hacked in the worst possible way, maybe those people are even Blizzard employees

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 10, 2012, 08:22 briktal

El Pit wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 03:11:
NegaDeath wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 18:56:
Apparently Blizzard's network was hacked and they're recommending users change their passwords. Doh.

source

AHAHAHAHAHA. It's also up on the ActiBlizz website:
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/securityupdate.html

"What, your account has been hacked? You must be an idiot. It cannot be our fault. Buy our authenticator! Or use the mobile authenticator app and give us your mobile number. It's safe with us!"

To be fair, we live in a world where people tweet photos of their debit cards.

32. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 10, 2012, 07:15 InBlack

Im playing Hardcore now. Its a whole different game. The community is much better, and you can actually sell shit on the AH now...there also doesnt seem to be any botting going at all (at least from what I can tell). Prices are more reasonable and best of all the excitement from actually playing the game instead of just mindlessly farming is much much better!  

I have a nifty blue line!

31. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 10, 2012, 04:36 Armengar

same as everyone else.

Not played for a few weeks now. Got to act 2 inferno as a barbarian and hit a wall. Cant afford to die and im sick of trolling act 1. I'll come back when things get fun. possibly when DLC rolls out. Until then i'm not complaining, ive had over 100 hours of fun with it, have 3 60 chars and a couple in their 30's so thats a good investment for 30 - i'd be gutted if I paid full price though.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

30. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 10, 2012, 03:11 El Pit

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 18:56:
Apparently Blizzard's network was hacked and they're recommending users change their passwords. Doh.

source

AHAHAHAHAHA. It's also up on the ActiBlizz website:
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/securityupdate.html

"What, your account has been hacked? You must be an idiot. It cannot be our fault. Buy our authenticator! Or use the mobile authenticator app and give us your mobile number. It's safe with us!"

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

29. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 19:39 Julio

Too little, too late. All done with Diablo 3, it was decent for a few days of playtime and that's it. It really should have been priced like a budget title, because that's all it was worth.  

28. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 18:56 NegaDeath

source

27. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 18:30 RailWizard

I actually played again for a day with that invulnerable bug(I'm a wizard). I was previously stuck in Act 1 inferno, so I figured I'd rip through it and see what items I could get.

I cleared act 1 and most of act 2. I did not get a single good item out of it. I even stacked up a bit of MF since I was invincible, but didn't matter. Nothing but crap.

Bored and tired I said fuck it, went to sleep. Bug was fixed next day, haven't played since.

I really doubt this patch will bring me back.

26. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 18:04 Glykon

I still have only one thing to say abt Diablo3 : Fuck Jay Wilson !

As long as they didnt fire anyone abt this crap and Wilson + Morhaime are still in charge, there is no way they can do anything good

25. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 17:56 AngelicPenguin

DG wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 14:30:
I'm not sure it's at all a realistic prospect to get through Hell without the AH. Well maybe if you farm and get lucky, but with the AH you don't need to farm at all until Inferno (I didn't anyway, possible the AH market has changed since then).

None of my characters touched the auction house until inferno. I leveled four (Monk, Witch Doctor, Wizard, and Demon Hunter) of them up at the same time keeping them all at the same level. I didn't have to farm any act, so I can assure you it can be done.

I feel the game was balanced around playing that way as
a) you get decent or good drops fairly regularly
b) the game presents a somewhat challenge even late nightmare and a nice challenge in hell

As has been stated many times, if you regularly use the auction house below 60, you obviously won't get many good drops as you have bought some of the best gear at your level. The better your item, the harder it is to find a good drop to replace it.

24. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 17:39 DG

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 14:30:
Elessar wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 11:22:
There's one thing I want to see fixed.

-Drops no longer suck, therefore no longer forcing you into our shitty moneygrab Auction House allowing you to actually have fun playing the game.

THIS. So my main is a 40'ish Wizard in Act 2 on Nightmare and was having a hell of a time dealing out damage. Someone suggested going to the AH and getting the biggest DPS weapon you can afford. So from a 80'ish DPS to a 150 DPS weapon made a ton of difference. But I have tons of freaking INT to boost damage, what exactly is getting boosted damage wise?
The drop system basically gives you items for characters a few levels below you. So you need a few good drops sold on the AH (plus your gold find) in order to buy one item for your level...

I'm not sure it's at all a realistic prospect to get through Hell without the AH. Well maybe if you farm and get lucky, but with the AH you don't need to farm at all until Inferno (I didn't anyway, possible the AH market has changed since then).

For wizard your primary stat is INT. It acts as a multiplier on your weapon damage - yeah even your spells are based on the weapon damage.

To get far into the game you need to have a decent grasp of the mechanics. There's a shortish guide at http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1145671-Diablo-3-Stat-Mechanics or a longer but better one at http://www.clicktoloot.com/p/combat.html . The specifics are pretty complicated but do finish Nightmare you can get by just looking at the main inventory screen (i.e. DPS and VIT) plus whether toolips on items are green or red. For Hell, you shouldn't need to be doing any math, you just need a basic grasp of how it works, and start looking at the detailed inventory tab.

But fairly early on in Inferno you'll probably be using a spreadsheet e.g. http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/uzl99/ehp_dps_spreadsheet/ and thinking in terms of EHP.

Note one thing missing from most of the guides and spreadsheets is life regen & life steal. This might seem straightforward but bear in mind that 1hp is worth a lot more to a character with very high damage reduction. Therefore the best route to EHP is through high damage reduction. Oh and apparently skill runes can impact the proc rates, so I'm finding out my Barb skills picked for life steal actually lower the proc rate of life on hit from the weapon affix, so the net hp gained from the hit is well below what it would appear from the tooltip.

Similarly for DPS, I always prefer attack speed, base damage, crit chance then crit damage. This affects both the actual damage dealt plus life on hit or life steal considerations.

23. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 16:57 AngelicPenguin

deqer wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 14:18:
DG wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 13:12:
  • In either case, why buy anything on the AH with no idea how it'll pan out after the patch.
  • ^ this is why patches suck and you should not support patches. Patches used to be good back in the day when games weren't rushed and a patch really was a patch. but these days, patching is just a way for the corps to take advantage of you.

and you'll never know what that patch may contain. in most cases, it will be a patch you disagree with. cool, eh?

be sure to educate your kids to avoid supporting this.

Yes, I have learned from my years of gaming that most patches are created so that corporations may begin to track you. If you then contact another non-gamer, they can then track them too. Once they are tracking everyone you come into contact with, they then begin to steal everyone's assets. Once everyone's assets are stolen, they then fire the kill switch and eliminate them as they can no longer contribute to the corporations expansion.

So you should ask yourself, the next time a patch is released with the innocuous description of "fixes crash to desktop," what are they REALLY fixing, and do you really want the kill switch fired on YOU?

22. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 16:32 gilly775

OneEye wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 15:48:
    diablo 2 was playable all the way through in a single session from version 1.0. Diablo 3 is not.

There is no possible way to play through the game without farming or AH. None.

Through all difficulty levels or just one? Cause I beat the game on normal and solo with my DH without doing what you suggested.

21. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 16:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

OneEye wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 15:48:
    diablo 2 was playable all the way through in a single session from version 1.0. Diablo 3 is not.

Without farming? That's being unreasonable. Without the AH? Definitely. I am in act 3 inferno on my barb, no GAH/RMAH, and I could probably progress through Act 3 if I gave up on my DPS/Ranged build and went either full tank or Whirlwind/Sprint barb. I'm holding out hope of finding a better weapon though and sticking with my preferred spec.

You can DEFINITELY progress through all of Normal, Nightmare and Hell with almost any spec, any class, and just using drops your characters find. Inferno, yes, expect to farm Act 3/4 Hell and Act 1 Inferno for awhile. I have 300% MF now on my barb and get a steady stream(or trickle ) of ilvl60-63 drops, which I distribute to my other characters or my coop group, and vice versa. Although I do seem to be cursed with way more DH loot than barb loot, good items DO drop.

Anyway I remember getting cracked sashes from Hell Diablo in D2, and then never seeing a full IK suit after LoD until I started aggressively farming with a group of friends. Let's not even get started on the duped SoJ economy that ran Diablo 2, if you actually wanted to trade. Diablo 2 was certainly easy enough to progress through with arguably bad drops, but I wouldn't say the rarity of items was any better, and the only people with runewords got them from massive duping.

Don't get me wrong, Diablo 3 needs a ton of work. Luckily the base mechanics of smashing monsters in the face with an axe is still enjoyable for me so I'll keep plodding along while Blizzard slowly patches the game into a respectable state.

20. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 15:48 OneEye

19. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 15:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hornet303 wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 14:38:
    How can this be? Haven't you read on this forum that this game sucks?

This forum is pretty tame about Diablo 3 compared to the official Blizzard forums, which are pretty much unusable at this point.

Still, I DO enjoy aspects of the game, and I feel Diablo 3 could actually be, dare I say it, GOOD, if they fix the basic issues with loot:

1) absurdly high Rarity of actual 'decent' items,
    2) Legendaries/Set pieces dropping at not only a ridiculously low rate, but with unusable stats when they do,
    3) Buff non ilvl63 weapons,
    4) More interesting stats on items.(Crushing Blow, Spawn Zombie, etc. D2 style)

If some or all of these actually get fixed in patch 1.04 it'll be great, although by then the game will have lost a LOT of people with the bullshit that's been going on so far. Everybody I know who has quit, has basically quit because farming is almost always unproductive, and with patch 1.03, costly in repairs if you were not a halfway decent player. That double whammy really turned a lot of people off to D3, imo. Only a few die hards I know are still playing, who I coop with every now and then when our schedules align.

Still, it's best to keep it all in perspective. Diablo 2 took YEARS of patching to get to what I would consider a good state. Then various patches broke it, and then another year to be patched...

Not everyone remembers early Diablo 2 I guess, but it was worse than Diablo 3 is now.

Lesser issues:
    1) Death penalty pricing in softcore is unreasonable for casuals, and has no effect on more wealthy/better equipped players.
    2) Enrage timers are the same story, they crush casuals but have no effect on upper tier players.
    3) Nerfing of 'fun' loot sources, ie. Treasure Goblins and Chests, extremely short sighted of Blizzard. If this gets reversed it'll help the game immensely. Get rid of the WoW balancers and aim for more of a fun game.
    4) Fix various trade window exploits and other nagging bugs that have been around since launch.

18. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 15:08 Cutter

That's all Activision is these days. Call of Doody and Dipooplo.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

17. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 15:02 Verno

Oh I don't know, I see it on pretty much every forum these days.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
    Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

16. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 14:38 Hornet303

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 12:09:
    I hate to say it, but I'm still playing Diablo 3 occasionally, no RMAH/GAH use. Act 3 Inferno so far on my barb with a dps/throw build, but need to farm more to really get through that act. Multiplayer with people I've known for 15+ years is still fun, farming solo is a bit boring. But, I can only imagine using the AHs would be even worse, zero feeling of achievement there.

Aside from the whole announcement to an announcement bullshit, hopefully these changes end up being positive. So far the fun aspects of Diablo 3 keep getting nerfed, it seems.

Although just in case, I'll try to actively finish Inferno on my barb now, in case something gets nerfed to pieces soon.

How can this be? Haven't you read on this forum that this game sucks?

15. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 14:30 The Half Elf

Elessar wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 11:22:
    There's one thing I want to see fixed.

-Drops no longer suck, therefore no longer forcing you into our shitty moneygrab Auction House allowing you to actually have fun playing the game.

THIS. So my main is a 40'ish Wizard in Act 2 on Nightmare and was having a hell of a time dealing out damage. Someone suggested going to the AH and getting the biggest DPS weapon you can afford. So from a 80'ish DPS to a 150 DPS weapon made a ton of difference. But I have tons of freaking INT to boost damage, what exactly is getting boosted damage wise?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo