Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Prevent Gaming Interruptions

DNDstation is a new application intended to minimize or eliminate the ways a PC can interrupt one's gaming experience, preventing background programs from taking focus. "This is a very useful application for gamers because it eliminates the inconvenience caused by other software programs that pop-up some window over or determine games to exit full-screen," says Product Manager Andrei Ciubotaru. "The problem becomes extremely annoying in multiplayer games where interrupting the gaming experience might result in player's character getting killed, losing progress of the game or diminishing performance." A 30-day trial version is available.

View
51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

51. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 11, 2012, 17:00 Ant

Creston wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 11:51:
Edit : Dammit, now I'm REALLY hungry. Time for lunch!

Creston

Feed me please.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

50. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 11, 2012, 16:56 Ant

Bah, just exit the programs that you don't need during gaming! Waste of resources, memory, etc.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

49. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 10, 2012, 14:55  Blue 

netnerd85 wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 22:11:
Blue wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 10:53:
netnerd85 wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 10:35:
Nice advert Blue

Nice snide comment netnerd.

I have a problem with Skype sometimes grabbing focus from games, and while I probably wouldn't buy (or subscribe to) this, I thought it might be of interest to others with similar problems.

If it's not, please feel free to attack my integrity.
Forgive me El Presidente Quiver I did not mean to attack El Presidente's integrity Bawling

Puppyeyes Forgive? Nervous

Sure no problem. No forgiveness needed, I wouldn't hold a grudge over that, just wanted to defend myself. This was just a news post: I don't do advertorials.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

48. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 10, 2012, 14:50 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 11:36:
Not having a chat history is exactly why it is great replacement for (unimportant) Skype calls though. You forget them when they are over, no? Not to mention that for setting up gaming sessions Steam is superior, for steam games you can just join in for one, for non-steam games you can still chat in the same window when you start the game through steam with the overlay.
If a chat client has a history, one can clear it or disable it. If a chat client doesn't have a history, one cannot enable it. Having a history option gives people the... OPTION of using it.

And of course its superior for games, I didn't say otherwise. I was talking about its features as a chat client in general. There's plenty other features lacking in the steam chat client.

47. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 10, 2012, 08:36 nin

Grab a mop, I hear there's a leak over there...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

46. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 23:52 Stormsinger

Verno wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 11:45:
space captain wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 11:43:
are you talking about little ceasars? because that shit is nasty

Cardboard and cheese man, Little Caesars is the worst.
Cardboard and cheese-like stuff man, Little Caesars is the worst.

Fixed that for you...

45. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 22:11 netnerd85

Blue wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 10:53:
netnerd85 wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 10:35:
Nice advert Blue

Nice snide comment netnerd.

I have a problem with Skype sometimes grabbing focus from games, and while I probably wouldn't buy (or subscribe to) this, I thought it might be of interest to others with similar problems.

If it's not, please feel free to attack my integrity.
Forgive me El Presidente Quiver I did not mean to attack El Presidente's integrity Bawling

44. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 22:04 Silicon Avatar

PHJF wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 20:22:
I must be crazy because in elementary school I loved the pizza. The rectangles with the little cubes of pepperoni on it? Fantastic!

Yeah, I liked it too. And it came out in those funky trapezoid slices.

Sausage pizza was the bomb though.

43. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 20:22 PHJF

I must be crazy because in elementary school I loved the pizza. The rectangles with the little cubes of pepperoni on it? Fantastic!  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

42. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 19:42 Sepharo

$5 Hot N' Ready's aren't purchased for their taste. Hell I'd pay $10 for the convenience. It's a lot of hot food for a 30 second in-out transaction. They aren't the worst pizza around either. I would eat it over cafeteria pizza and almost all frozen pizzas. Little Caesars sells their pizza kits to consumers too... There's no mystery ingredients, just natural dough, sauce, cheese and pepperoni like you'd expect.  

41. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 19:41 Julio

Maybe the next story can be about enlargement pills, because spam told me they work too!

This isn't news, its an ad.

40. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 17:41 Scud

are you talking about little caesars? because that shit is nasty
I totally agree on the pizza, but I do love their Crazy Bread.

39. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 14:29 Sleeeeepy

The only thing that really screws me over when gaming is when windows sometimes randomly and extremely helpfully alt tabs me out of BF3 to advise me that it has "detected the computer is running slowly" and would I like to disable Aero.

Firstly, no, no I would not, I like aero. Secondly I had no slowness or framerate problems at all, so nice work there. Thirdly, thanks for the "always disable aero when slowness is detected" option which I will start ignoring immediately because that's the opposite of what I want to do, but you seem to have misplaced the "never bother me about this retarded crap again" option.

Non of the solutions I've googled relating to this have worked, except maybe for the ones that involve not running aero at all which doesn't interest me.

38. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 14:28 deqer

DrEvil wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 10:59:
If you don't want skype interrupting your gaming why leave it running while you game?
Because then your boss sees you're offline, then he calls you or he tries to find a reason to call you, yadda yadda...

37. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 13:29 NegaDeath

It happens to me occasionally. The other night I was downloading something while playing a game and when it finished winrar switched the focus. Game was smart enough to pause in that case though so no loss. Sometimes happens if I get a message in pidgin during a game too. Not enough of an issue to be worth paying for a fix though.  

36. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 13:27 space captain

Prez wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 12:22:
Of course it is - but it's only 5 bucks. At that price, all it has to do is make a turd.

you gonna die before 60 dude

Go forth, and kill!

35. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 13:18 Silicon Avatar

Five bucks for a program that keeps you from having to click on "game mode" or "disable".

Wow.

34. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 12:36 Angrius Maximis

MajorD wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 10:19:
Very silly - a total money grab. If one doesn't know how to operate their PC to prevent interuptions during games, then they should be playing their games on a console.

33. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 12:22 Prez

Note to Blues members: you will not find a cooler or more gracious webmaster anywhere on the net than Blue, so being a dick to him just makes you look like an asshole. And no, he's not paying me, related to me, blowing me, or whatever other lame rebuttal one might think of.

As far as the topic of the thread goes, for me this used to be a far more prevalent issue than it has been lately. Not being a user of Skype, I don't remember this happening once in the last couple of years. Hell, even my scheduled AVG scan will not start if I'm playing a game; it waits until I quit then runs it.

are you talking about little caesars? because that shit is nasty

Of course it is - but it's only 5 bucks. At that price, all it has to do is make a turd.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

32. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 12:17 Beamer

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 12:15:
No, I strongly agree... Just lazy wording

Hehe, this reply could also be interpreted wrongly.

Haha, yeah.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo