Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Prevent Gaming Interruptions

DNDstation is a new application intended to minimize or eliminate the ways a PC can interrupt one's gaming experience, preventing background programs from taking focus. "This is a very useful application for gamers because it eliminates the inconvenience caused by other software programs that pop-up some window over or determine games to exit full-screen," says Product Manager Andrei Ciubotaru. "The problem becomes extremely annoying in multiplayer games where interrupting the gaming experience might result in player's character getting killed, losing progress of the game or diminishing performance." A 30-day trial version is available.

View
51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

11. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 10:59 DrEvil

If you don't want skype interrupting your gaming why leave it running while you game?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 10:56 007Bistromath

@ Blue: Somewhat unlikely, but a thought: he could've been sincere. People have been telling PA not to stop advertising, you know. We're a community that appreciates getting "the hook up." Since this is actually useful, they might be thanking you.  

9. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 10:53  Blue 

netnerd85 wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 10:35:
Nice advert Blue

Nice snide comment netnerd.

I have a problem with Skype sometimes grabbing focus from games, and while I probably wouldn't buy (or subscribe to) this, I thought it might be of interest to others with similar problems.

If it's not, please feel free to attack my integrity.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

8. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 10:49 eRe4s3r

What are you talking about, that's a superb solution to the problem of employment in a job you hate  

7. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 10:49 007Bistromath

"A 30-day trial version is available."

[alucard]And just like that, you've lost me.[/alucard]

With that said...

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 10:18:
Besides that, what can actually interrupt a game?

This has actually been a pretty regular problem for me, and I've been doing this crap for years. Here's the weird thing: sometimes I fix my settings, and this still happens. It seems to have more to do with which game I'm playing than what's trying to interrupt it. Certain games just really seem to want to run and hide, like they're afraid any new windows that pop in are going to beat them up. This would be great if I didn't have to pay for it.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2012, 10:54.

6. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 10:44 Creston

It happens a lot at work when our ACD sends a call my way, because the damn Cisco software always demands focus when that happens.

But I guess getting software to prevent that from happening (and thus preventing me from doing my job) is probably not the best solution...

Creston

5. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 10:35 netnerd85

Nice advert Blue  

4. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 10:19 DrEvil

Maybe the spyware ridden gullible people that would actually buy this solution in search of a problem.  

3. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 10:19 MajorD

Very silly - a total money grab. If one doesn't know how to operate their PC to prevent interuptions during games, then they should be playing their games on a console.

2. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 10:19 nin

Yeah, it's extremely rare, at least for me...and paying for it? Nice try!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 10:18 eRe4s3r

Uhuh..

Sticky keys = happens exactly once, until you disable them
Skype Calls = Nobody sane has skype on that setting unless they expect an important call or its a business number or a customer with priority.

So yeah..

Besides that, what can actually interrupt a game? Invest those 5$ in a pizza instead, now that really interrupts your game ;p

51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo