Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles

Mafia 3 is in development at 2K Czech, according to an unconfirmed report on Eurogamer.cz, following a similar rumor from earlier this year, with the twist this time being that according to their inside sources, the console editions are now targeting the next generation of systems (which also have not yet been announced). Thanks Computer and Video Games.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 20:15 siapnar

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 16:04:
The 4 or 5 real missions in the Joe DLC are quite good, it's unfortunate they're spread out between crappy timed side-missions with no story.
Yeah I stopped playing because there seemed to be no reason for the time limits.. just a horribly frustrating mechanic.

I have projectile dysfunction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 16:04 StingingVelvet

siapnar wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 14:16:
Joe's DLC seemed cool, but the timelimits put me off. Anyone know if there's a way to disable them?

The 4 or 5 real missions in the Joe DLC are quite good, it's unfortunate they're spread out between crappy timed side-missions with no story.

25. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 14:16 siapnar

Mafia 2 was fantastic, apart from some overly long intervals of driving.

Joe's DLC seemed cool, but the timelimits put me off. Anyone know if there's a way to disable them?

I have projectile dysfunction.

24. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 14:12 Verno

netnerd85 wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 10:42:
There is a post on the 2k Forums about why it took so long to develop. Search for the post if you care to learn why.

I don't really care enough to go looking for it so unless you want to quickly summarize it then it'll be a mystery I'm content to live with

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

23. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 12:11 StingingVelvet

Ray Marden wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 06:14:
I liked Mafia 2, but it did feel like a bit of a letdown compared to the original game. The world felt a bit smaller because of the strict, linear questline - it felt more like playing a game set in the Mafia universe than leading the life of a Mafia character.

The original was a linear game as well though. The only side stuff it had were those car garage missions, and those sucked. Honestly both games are pretty identical when it comes to the faults people mention, it's just the second game came out after a ton of other games made endless side stuff the standard.

Though since I never play that side stuff, I didn't care. Some do, obviously.

22. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 10:42 netnerd85

Verno wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 10:04:
Mafia 2 is frustrating and a bit like Diablo 3 in the sense that you wonder where the time went. If it was a two year game then I could understand the lack of content to flesh the game out but to be in development that long and have that little to show for it was shocking. The seeming split of game content to DLC seemed really questionable too. It was an OK game but had some frustrating moments and I didn't find the narrative very compelling (outside of the time shifts / locales) which is unfortunate because it would have made up for some of the games other shortcomings.
There is a post on the 2k Forums about why it took so long to develop. Search for the post if you care to learn why.

21. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 10:04 Verno

Mafia 2 is frustrating and a bit like Diablo 3 in the sense that you wonder where the time went. If it was a two year game then I could understand the lack of content to flesh the game out but to be in development that long and have that little to show for it was shocking. The seeming split of game content to DLC seemed really questionable too. It was an OK game but had some frustrating moments and I didn't find the narrative very compelling (outside of the time shifts / locales) which is unfortunate because it would have made up for some of the games other shortcomings.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

20. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 09:16 xXBatmanXx

I don't know if anyone here played the Godfather games, but I actually like those more than the Mafia games. I really enjoyed Mafia 1 and played the HELL out of it. Mafia 2 was just kinda meh.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

19. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 06:14 Ray Marden

I liked Mafia 2, but it did feel like a bit of a letdown compared to the original game. The world felt a bit smaller because of the strict, linear questline - it felt more like playing a game set in the Mafia universe than leading the life of a Mafia character.
Just scripted quest after scripted quest without exploration.
Here is to hoping they expand the third game and it does not become some over the top action game or cover shooter...

Mildly hopeful,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

18. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 05:52 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 03:24:
A gangster movie where you only control the car chases and gunfights isn't nearly as cool as also controlling how the story and social aspects play out.
That is true. But i have to admit, after playing Mafia 1 or 2 for a few hours, i simply stopped and watches the Godfather trilogy or Scarface.

The Mafia setting does not work for me in an interactive enviroment, i prefer the passive listening and watching to a pre-made story line than creating or influencing it myself.

17. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 03:24 NKD

Jerykk wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 03:11:
If they make a Mafia RPG, I'll die happy. So much potential there. Ambiguous moral choices with potentially far-reaching consequences, the ability to align yourself with different families (maybe even the feds), different character archetypes (hitman, smooth-talker, sneaky dude)... make it happen, 2K.

I would definitely love some more choice both in story and gameplay. There's value to a linear story experience, but I'm not really much for the ever-dwindling interactivity in our games. A gangster movie where you only control the car chases and gunfights isn't nearly as cool as also controlling how the story and social aspects play out.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

16. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 03:21 The Half Elf

Mafia 2 was one of the most recent games that I loved, but HATED the ending. Not because it was bad, but because I actually had grown attached to Joe.

But like LA Noire, suffers from a huge city and nothing to do in it except go to bed and answer the phone every morning.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

15. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 03:11 Jerykk

If they make a Mafia RPG, I'll die happy. So much potential there. Ambiguous moral choices with potentially far-reaching consequences, the ability to align yourself with different families (maybe even the feds), different character archetypes (hitman, smooth-talker, sneaky dude)... make it happen, 2K.  

14. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 02:28 Mashiki Amiketo

I was kinda meh on mafia 2, I liked the first one much more.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 01:21 NKD

Sepharo wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 21:58:
"Mafia" is way too strong of a title to let die. They'll be releasing these, quality or not, forever based on the name alone.

I liked Mafia 2 a lot, I thought it did a great job as a sequel. Of course it'd be great if there were more things to do, same for L.A. Noire.

That's how I feel too. I felt the same about the first Mafia as well. Crafting this beautiful city is nice, but if there's nothing to do in it, nothing going on, it feels kinda like a facade.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

12. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 00:24 StingingVelvet

I loved Mafia 2. I dislike all the random side shit in GTA and only do the story missions, so the lack of it in Mafia 2 was no big deal to me. The driving and the story focus were good, made me feel like I was in the mob. Stunning graphics too. The ending was fine, he got his friend killed and has to live with it, good stuff.

Most everything people complained about with Mafia 2 was the same in Mafia 1 and I am not one to say old game design is bad. I prefer old game design, 9 times out of 10, when talking about the late 90's and early 00's.

11. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 8, 2012, 23:59 Techie714

Mafia 2 was simply AWESOME!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

10. removed Aug 8, 2012, 23:12 xornand

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 9, 2012, 09:20.

9. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 8, 2012, 22:26 ELITE

They're working on 3? I've been waiting for a patch that adds a game to Mafia 2  

8. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 8, 2012, 22:19 nin

I liked Mafia 2 a lot, I thought it did a great job as a sequel. Of course it'd be great if there were more things to do, same for L.A. Noire.

I agree, it was a frustration with both games. Other than admiring the scenery, it didn't feel like there was anything to do in M2 between or after a mission.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo