Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 9, 2012, 20:33 Julio

You mean they didn't update all the player stats? Because really that's all that's done year to year in most sports games.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 9, 2012, 13:45 Jivaro

Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 06:23:
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but football fans are typically violent and stupid.

Is this the part where I make the comment: "Nerds not understanding sports or sports video games? Shocking."

I mean..that would be about as idiotic a generalization as yours.

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 9, 2012, 09:58 HorrorScope

To the idea of just having one game and sub'ing it and building on it. Just think how much further ahead and complete Madden would be if it continuously added and refined itself, instead of starting over again. The biggest win would be not losing features year to year. This game above all is the poster boy of some funky marketing trick, where they add a couple things each year, but.... take a few things away. Someone has thought this has been a brilliant strategy.

Things like online leagues would be so much further ahead of where it is today if it would continue to build. It truly could have been a paying E-sport, perhaps the most premier one. All the sports games should probably work in this type of realm.

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 9, 2012, 07:20 briktal

eunichron wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 21:48:
I never understood that for sports games. Beyond adding real life stat tracking and whatever else, what else can you do with a sports game other than release updates that are essentially the same, but with updated rosters?

More/better game modes, presentation, and improved controls/engine.

For the life of me I can't figure out why people buy Madden games each and every year.

The problem EA is having is that fewer and fewer people are buying Madden every year.

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 9, 2012, 06:23 Fibrocyte

Prez wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 06:22:
For the life of me I can't figure out why people buy Madden games each and every year. My next-door neighbor owns every one for the last millennium it seems. Not being one who has every team's roster memorized, if he puts any of the last 8 or so in his X-Box, I'm hard-pressed to know he's even playing a different game. At least the Call of Duty games of recent years have some different maps; the gridiron is still a gridiron in 1960 or 2013. It just baffles me.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but football fans are typically violent and stupid.

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 9, 2012, 06:22 Prez

For the life of me I can't figure out why people buy Madden games each and every year. My next-door neighbor owns every one for the last millennium it seems. Not being one who has every team's roster memorized, if he puts any of the last 8 or so in his X-Box, I'm hard-pressed to know he's even playing a different game. At least the Call of Duty games of recent years have some different maps; the gridiron is still a gridiron in 1960 or 2013. It just baffles me.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 8, 2012, 23:40 NegaDeath

Knowing EA they'd charge you $60 for the game every year and the monthly fee on top for "updates". Want to play the older version still? Oops, we shut down those servers.  

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 8, 2012, 22:16 Jivaro

eunichron wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 21:48:
I never understood that for sports games. Beyond adding real life stat tracking and whatever else, what else can you do with a sports game other than release updates that are essentially the same, but with updated rosters?

They would be better off offering any sports title as an MMO for a $3-4/month subscription where stats and rosters are automatically updated, without removing anything previous (so that you still have access to retired players and such). You'd still be paying $40-50 a year, but it would solve having essentially 6 different version of the same game (as I currently have about 6 different versions of the various NHL games, none of which are compatible with each other).

Totally agree. I would love to have Madden, MLB The Show, and NBA2K as constantly updating/upgrading MMOs on my console, PC, etc rather then having to buy a new version and toss out the old one every year. That said, if you play your sports game mainly as a single player game this concept probably sounds less then appetizing in the same way that Diablo 3 always being online does, and for good reason. Unless they would be willing to allow single player to be completely offline, I think there would be a significant customer backlash.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 8, 2012, 21:48 eunichron

They would be better off offering any sports title as an MMO for a $3-4/month subscription where stats and rosters are automatically updated, without removing anything previous (so that you still have access to retired players and such). You'd still be paying $40-50 a year, but it would solve having essentially 6 different version of the same game (as I currently have about 6 different versions of the various NHL games, none of which are compatible with each other).

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 8, 2012, 21:38 Rattlehead

Madden doesn't have innovation? You don't say?! I guess releasing the same game every fucking year isn't all its cracked up to be.  

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 8, 2012, 21:38 Trevellian

EA: Madden "did not have the level of innovation as our other franchises".

No fucking shit. There is no need to innovate when you make it so you have no competition. Retarded asshats. So fucking scared that 2K was better you bought the license out.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 8, 2012, 21:23 Beamer

I don't think you even need practice - just try moving forward and jumping at random. I'd guess most people finish in 10 minutes.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 8, 2012, 21:17 xXBatmanXx

Guy Beats Mario World 1-1 Without Looking At Screen

Pretty sure I could do that with about 3 minutes of practice....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo