Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 8, 2012, 22:16 Jivaro

eunichron wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 21:48:
I never understood that for sports games. Beyond adding real life stat tracking and whatever else, what else can you do with a sports game other than release updates that are essentially the same, but with updated rosters?

They would be better off offering any sports title as an MMO for a $3-4/month subscription where stats and rosters are automatically updated, without removing anything previous (so that you still have access to retired players and such). You'd still be paying $40-50 a year, but it would solve having essentially 6 different version of the same game (as I currently have about 6 different versions of the various NHL games, none of which are compatible with each other).

Totally agree. I would love to have Madden, MLB The Show, and NBA2K as constantly updating/upgrading MMOs on my console, PC, etc rather then having to buy a new version and toss out the old one every year. That said, if you play your sports game mainly as a single player game this concept probably sounds less then appetizing in the same way that Diablo 3 always being online does, and for good reason. Unless they would be willing to allow single player to be completely offline, I think there would be a significant customer backlash.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 8, 21:17 Re: Evening Consolidation xXBatmanXx
  2. Aug 8, 21:23  Re: Evening Consolidation Beamer
  4. Aug 8, 21:38  Re: Evening Consolidation Rattlehead
  3. Aug 8, 21:38 Re: Evening Consolidation Trevellian
  5. Aug 8, 21:48 Re: Evening Consolidation eunichron
>> 6. Aug 8, 22:16  Re: Evening Consolidation Jivaro
  10. Aug 9, 07:20  Re: Evening Consolidation briktal
  7. Aug 8, 23:40 Re: Evening Consolidation NegaDeath
  8. Aug 9, 06:22  Re: Evening Consolidation Prez
  9. Aug 9, 06:23   Re: Evening Consolidation Fibrocyte