Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Trek: Infinite Space Cancelled

Gameforge has cancelled Star Trek: Infinite Space, saying they have failed to inspire interest in the free-to-play Star Trek browser game from publishers, reports GamesIndustry International. Back in November the company indicated the project was in jeopardy if they could not secure a co-publisher. "Since autumn 2011 we made many efforts to find a publishing and marketing partner for Star Trek: Infinite Space," reads their translation of a German statement. "Unfortunately, our efforts were not successful. So we have decided with a heavy heart to finally abandon the project Star Trek: Infinite Space. The discontinuation is very regrettable. Unfortunately it happens from time to time that a good concept for a game cannot be implemented as originally planned."

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Star Trek: Infinite Space Cancelled Aug 9, 2012, 00:06 NegaDeath

One ST game to watch out for is a free fan made project called Excalibur. The guys making it are the same people who modded almost an entire new game out of one of the best ST games, Bridge Commander.

Videos

It's pretty far along, they've got a new custom engine running and actual gameplay going.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2012, 02:26.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Star Trek: Infinite Space Cancelled Aug 8, 2012, 17:44 Flatline

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 16:03:
I wouldn't mind a game like SPAZ (Space Pirates and Zombies) with a Trek coat of paint on it.

SPAZ started off strong and went downhill fast. I got bored as fuck having to travel like 8 sectors to get to the next portion of the storyline, which requires grinding for like 3 hours.

9. Re: Star Trek: Infinite Space Cancelled Aug 8, 2012, 17:11 CJ_Parker

lol@phail  

8. Re: Star Trek: Infinite Space Cancelled Aug 8, 2012, 16:03 The Half Elf

I wouldn't mind a game like SPAZ (Space Pirates and Zombies) with a Trek coat of paint on it.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: Star Trek: Infinite Space Cancelled Aug 8, 2012, 15:50 theyarecomingforyou

Longswd wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 10:40:
Well, that's a just a damn shame. A F2P Star Trek browser MMO, I'm sure people would have been flocking, just FLOCKING, to it!
QFT!

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

6. Re: Star Trek: Infinite Space Cancelled Aug 8, 2012, 15:44 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 13:03:
An F2P browser MMO of a major IP is a good concept?
Longswd wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 10:40:
Well, that's a just a damn shame. A F2P Star Trek browser MMO, I'm sure people would have been flocking, just FLOCKING, to it!

Are publishers finally getting smart enough to not throw out bad money? I think that's the bigger story here.

These.

5. Re: Star Trek: Infinite Space Cancelled Aug 8, 2012, 13:03 Cutter

An F2P browser MMO of a major IP is a good concept?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

4. Re: Star Trek: Infinite Space Cancelled Aug 8, 2012, 11:08 Alamar

Even with how crazy popular 'in app purchasing' has become, it can't be an easy sell to a backer/publisher... 'Wait... you want gobs of money for a product you're giving away, with optional purchases?'

-Alamar

3. Re: Star Trek: Infinite Space Cancelled Aug 8, 2012, 10:48 Darks

Dev wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 10:27:
I dunno why they couldn't have done a kickstarter for this. If its F2P then surely it has premium currency, just offer like 4 times normal currency for participation in the kickstarter. If they already have the license, and all they need is funding, why not give it a try?

^ --- This

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

2. Re: Star Trek: Infinite Space Cancelled Aug 8, 2012, 10:40 Longswd

Are publishers finally getting smart enough to not throw out bad money? I think that's the bigger story here.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

1. Re: Star Trek: Infinite Space Cancelled Aug 8, 2012, 10:27 Dev

I dunno why they couldn't have done a kickstarter for this. If its F2P then surely it has premium currency, just offer like 4 times normal currency for participation in the kickstarter. If they already have the license, and all they need is funding, why not give it a try?

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo