Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Firefight Pack Released

The BioWare Blog announces the release of the Firefight Pack, the newest DLC for Mass Effect 3, their action/RPG sequel. This adds seven weapons to the single player game, including some previously only available in multiplayer, two which are brand new, "plus one ultra-rare weapon only available previously as a limited promotional item." Word is:

Unleash hell with the Firefight Pack! Firefight adds seven weapons for use in the single-player campaign: the Indra and Krysae sniper rifles, Reegar Carbine, Harrier battle rifle, Geth SMG, plus an all-new Blood Pack Punisher SMG and Adas Anti-Synthetic rifle!

Available now on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3! Cost is $2.00 or 160 MS points.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Firefight Pack Released Aug 9, 2012, 01:54 durandal

Yes, Krysae is awesome!
ME3 has really satisfying shooting sound/kickback feel for the guns.
It's a nice surprise for a sci-fi action game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Firefight Pack Released Aug 8, 2012, 20:25 xornand

People still play this piece of shit?
You didn't know this game sucked?

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Firefight Pack Released Aug 8, 2012, 14:44 Creston

Verno wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 14:25:
Errr because they know you will pay for it? You just answered your own question I specifically avoid buying stuff like that because it sends the wrong message about monetizing consumers. You don't need that item in SP dude, come on

I know I answered it, but if you can create free DLC for MP, why are you stifting the SP users?

And I'm not kidding, the Krysae is totally worth 2 bucks!

Creston

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Firefight Pack Released Aug 8, 2012, 14:25 Verno

Errr because they know you will pay for it? You just answered your own question I specifically avoid buying stuff like that because it sends the wrong message about monetizing consumers. You don't need that item in SP dude, come on  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Firefight Pack Released Aug 8, 2012, 12:47 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 08:40:
Just look at the first and the second Mass Effect. It's been years and all the hype and DLC plans died out for these two games, and they have yet to release GOTY edition for both games.

I've wondered that as well. I can only assume the DLC for 2 sells well enough that they don't want to cut into it...

Seems pretty likely, yeah.

On the topic of the Firefight Pack, this is really just money-grabbing. A lot of people already have the Indra, while the Krysae, Reegar, Harrier and Geth SMG were created for MP. The cost of porting them over to SP would literally be 0 dollars.

So in essence they're charging two bucks for yet another SMG that'll suck (like all SMGs except the Hurricane do), and a rifle that apparently does extra damage against geth, whom you fight approximately 15% of the entire game.

I'm still going to get it, because I want the Krysae in single player. If it's the non-nerfed version, it's basically a glorious slaughter device. The Reegar and Harrier are both awesome guns as well.

But again, they already exist, so why not port them over for free?

Creston

4. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Aug 8, 2012, 12:46 yonder

Why anyone thinks there would be a GOTY edition is beyond me. GOTY editions include DLC as part of the package deal. That means, in theory, it would be able to be sold on Steam, since there is no DLC to be argued over. Of course, that isn't provable, since EA doesn't believe in selling games without DLC. Think about it guys.  

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Firefight Pack Released Aug 8, 2012, 08:40 nin

Just look at the first and the second Mass Effect. It's been years and all the hype and DLC plans died out for these two games, and they have yet to release GOTY edition for both games.

I've wondered that as well. I can only assume the DLC for 2 sells well enough that they don't want to cut into it...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Firefight Pack Released Aug 8, 2012, 04:32 durandal

I don't think that's going to happen.

There could be "ultimate" edition like DAO, but next year? I don't think so.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2012, 07:27.

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Firefight Pack Released Aug 8, 2012, 03:24 bovan

this makes me happy I haven't bought the game yet!

release a few more DLCs and bundle them in GOTY Extended Cut and i'll be one of the fews who plays it the way it should be played! (next year)

bovan

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo