Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailer, Experiment

The Big Robot Website has an alpha teaser trailer from Sir, You Are Being Hunted, an upcoming S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-inspired survival game where humans are hunted by robots for sport. The site also offers downloads of a Windows or OS X version of In Ruins, an experiment in procedural generation techniques being used in the game. Here's the explanation from lead programmer Tom Betts: "It’s part of a series of games inspired by artistic interpretations of the sublime, in this case the work of Romantic landscape painters (Thomas Cole, Caspar David Friedrich etc). Its also heavily influenced by Fumito Uedas Ico series. The player is deposited on the edge of a procedurally generated island. The island consists of overgrown pathways ruined spires and broken ramparts. A central tower looms above the island beckoning the player towards it." Thanks nin via Shacknews.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailer, Experiment Aug 8, 2012, 09:50 space captain

Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 06:46:
It is called "Surviving The Game" and I just started watching it last night.

you should follow it up with "New Jack City", more classic T

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailer, Experiment Aug 8, 2012, 09:06 netnerd85

The clip and music tone were GREATLY inspired by Planet of the Apes original me thinks...  

4. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailer, Experiment Aug 8, 2012, 06:46 Fibrocyte

space captain wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 21:19:
they should have just rebooted tetris instead

btw, all projects thematically derived from "the most dangerous game" type scenarios must include Ice-T in some form, in order to retain any modicum of legitimacy. this is of course due to his mastery of that character portrayal

It is called "Surviving The Game" and I just started watching it last night.

3. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailer, Experiment Aug 7, 2012, 22:48 nin

Cutter wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 22:38:
I like the look and feel. Colour me interested.

Yeah, I like the style, and the music they used...it's apparently from one of the guys that does posts for RPS...

Lookin forward to checking it out.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailer, Experiment Aug 7, 2012, 22:38 Cutter

I like the look and feel. Colour me interested.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailer, Experiment Aug 7, 2012, 21:19 space captain

they should have just rebooted tetris instead

btw, all projects thematically derived from "the most dangerous game" type scenarios must include Ice-T in some form, in order to retain any modicum of legitimacy. this is of course due to his mastery of that character portrayal

Go forth, and kill!

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo