Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch

Robot Entertainment now offers patch notes for a new version of Orcs Must Die! 2 that's now automatically available through Steam for the action/strategy sequel (thanks nin). They say: "We wanted to thank everyone who's been on the forums helping us identify issues and find repro steps for various bugs. We've still got more fixes in the works, but this first patch should tackle a wide array of some of the most common problems and issues." Here are the patch notes:

• Fix for baricades on MirrorImage
  • Trap grid/pathing adjustments in various levels
  • Fixed a conflict with Shield Orcs and Spring Traps that caused the orcs to not be thrown properly
  • Fixed the drop down menu for video options so that it wouldn't extend off the screen
  • Fix for kill amount bonus skulls getting regranted on level retry
  • Adjustments to the UI to address postgame hitches
  • Fixed the 100% CPU problems
  • Adjusted anti-aliasing options in menu to display an "Off" setting.
  • Fixed combo point bug with the Grinder. It now awards combo points properly.
  • Voice packet tweaks for in-game chat.
  • Fixed Bilebat perma-puke.
  • Various localization and string changes.
  • Adjustments to Mouse Sensitivity slider to broaden the range of sensitivity
  • Worked on a bug that would occasionally cause the Sorceress's charge attack to fizzle out inappropriately. There are still edge cases that we'll continue to investigate, but this should largely fix the issue.
  • Fix for special characters in leadboard display names
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Bilebats from shooting through Boulderchutes
  • Added an option to use the command "NoAlienFX" in user.cfg to de-activate keyboard light effects for the game. This also may fix some game launch issues for Alienware users.
  • Added an option to use the command "-voice" in user.cfg to disable in-game voice chat entirely. Once the game's Voice Chat is disabled, players can use Steam's voice chat options.

If you're unfamiliar with how to create a user.cfg file for your game, you can find the instructions here:

http://support.robotentertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/674872-how-do-i-create-a-user-cfg-file-for-orcs-must-die-2-

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 8, 2012, 17:58 Creston

Just started playing the first one (figured I better get that out of the way before I did the second.)

So far I've beaten all your scores on 3 out of the 7 levels I've played. So hah!

Still looking for a good trap setup, though. I have one that kills well enough, but it takes a long time to set up and in the meantime I'm clicking my fucking ass off just firing crossbow bolts...

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 22:49 nin

El Pit wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 16:41:
Bhruic wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 16:32:
El Pit wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 15:50:
EDIT: Wow, Steam won't allow me to use PayPal anymore. Wtf?!

EDIT2: NO KIDDING - No more PayPal with Steam for me. I restarted Steam and PayPal is no longer available as a payment method. I'm asked to use my cc or some other dubious payment methods instead. Wow, Steam, what's going on?

Hmm, just checked, and I still have it listed as an option. Try contacting Steam directly?

Thanks for checking. Yes, will try to contact their support. Or I will simply use my cc. Checked my PayPal account, too, but everything is fine there.

I checked and the PP option is still available on my account...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

15. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 22:19 Dev

EDIT2: NO KIDDING - No more PayPal with Steam for me. I restarted Steam and PayPal is no longer available as a payment method. I'm asked to use my cc or some other dubious payment methods instead. Wow, Steam, what's going on?

Hmm, just checked, and I still have it listed as an option. Try contacting Steam directly?
I had something like that happen once, and it was because something was off in my paypal. Like I had to update my credit card expiration or some such. Steam hasn't changed payment options.

14. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 16:41 El Pit

Thanks for checking. Yes, will try to contact their support. Or I will simply use my cc. Checked my PayPal account, too, but everything is fine there.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

13. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 16:32 Bhruic

12. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 15:50 El Pit

zombiefan wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 15:43:
Buy it.

Besides, you haven't had Top Ramen in a while. It's good to go back to the staples every once in a while.

Mmmmh, fried noodles and orcs. Yummy.

BOUGHT!

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2012, 16:09.

11. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 15:43 zombiefan

Buy it.

Besides, you haven't had Top Ramen in a while. It's good to go back to the staples every once in a while.

10. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 15:31 El Pit

Guys, don't do this to me. You're really forcing me to buy this. And I've just invested $20 in the Defense Grid 2 kickstarter, I didn't want to stress my credit card more today. So, please, I beg you, stop telling me how good this game is. Pretty please.

Or maybe I should just buy it?

9. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 15:30 Beamer

nin wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 15:29:
So, who holds the record wave for Endless in the first level? Wave 39 for me, so damn close now to the 5 skulls.

Wave 75, someone posted.

How about solo? Co-op has to be significantly easier, as two people can just freeze/headshot anything large.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 15:29 nin

So, who holds the record wave for Endless in the first level? Wave 39 for me, so damn close now to the 5 skulls.

Wave 75, someone posted.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 15:12 Verno

ASeven wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 15:06:
Yeah that move does help a lot in Nightmare, which I'm doing a solo run too and will only advance a level once I get 5 skulls per level.

Great game, picks everything that is good on OMD1 and improves it ten-fold and adds stuff that improves the game even more.

I think my best is wave 43 for Tunnels, shit starts getting downright absurd at 40+. One wave I had 8 mountain trolls to juggle. It's kind of a shitty Endless level though, not enough space for physics traps and post 40 even a shitty shield orc has the health of an Ogre from earlier waves. There's not enough room to use for traps to keep up with the health increases, haymakers with the stun upgrade on the ceiling only get you so far since you can only have one per space. I had some success using the Spore Mushrooms layered in the back to charm stuff but later on the stupid earth elementals and shit eat them up so you're always on cooldown for Trolls and whatnot. If you're the Sorc then you can cheat out a few more waves using the polymorph ring and charming other stuff but I'm not sure how people are getting the wave 50 achievement on that one.

Endless Precipice is a better bet for that. Tons of space to use, auto-ballistas take care of the air/stragglers and you can use upgraded Spring Traps to toss stuff off the side of the mountain. My buddy says Endless Caldera is the best level for achievement hunting though, it has a bunch of spots easily barricaded so you can maze like crazy.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2012, 15:21.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

6. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 15:11 Beamer

ASeven wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 15:06:
Verno wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 14:22:
This kind of quick response is why they decided to forego XBLA as its certification process was too expensive and lengthy. Game is fantastic, having a blast with it. Working on solo Nightmare runs now that War Mage difficulty is complete! People were riffing on the solo balance but its about the same as the first, there are just less tutorial style levels that prepare you for them which is fine with me. It's forced me to think outside the box a bit (more vertical trapping for example) and setup much cooler killboxes. I had no idea you unlocked a new move when you beat the game either, that was a nice surprise.

Yeah that move does help a lot in Nightmare, which I'm doing a solo run too and will only advance a level once I get 5 skulls per level.

Great game, picks everything that is good on OMD1 and improves it ten-fold and adds stuff that improves the game even more.

I only tried that level once, and early on so I didn't have quite as many traps, but I only made it to 29. Haven't gone back to retry, but I was very bummed I couldn't put ball spikes (or whatever they're called) on the ceiling. Can we put other traps on it?

-------------

5. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 15:06 ASeven

Verno wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 14:22:
This kind of quick response is why they decided to forego XBLA as its certification process was too expensive and lengthy. Game is fantastic, having a blast with it. Working on solo Nightmare runs now that War Mage difficulty is complete! People were riffing on the solo balance but its about the same as the first, there are just less tutorial style levels that prepare you for them which is fine with me. It's forced me to think outside the box a bit (more vertical trapping for example) and setup much cooler killboxes. I had no idea you unlocked a new move when you beat the game either, that was a nice surprise.

4. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 14:48 Beamer

I'm on the last level on WarMage, as the War Mage, with one 3 star level and 2 2 star levels to go back to.

I find the solo balance to be fine as well, Verno. It's a bit smoother (still with some weird dips or spiking), but I'm repeating levels less here - far more 5 stars on 1 try. Not sure if the game is easier or, having played both, I'm just a better player now.

Many people complained about their barriers being attacked, but I wonder if that's due to them not realizing that certain Orcs want certain portals. Bugs me, as I'd prefer to force them into one when there are 2, but whatever.

Also: I hate the grenaders and the cyclop mages. Hate. With fewer Z enemy levels these have become the bane of my existence.
And I wish we could bring more traps. I actually use very few, and haven't even purchased some of my favorites (such as the fire pit. But I use the scorcher lots, which was DLC I did not buy for the last game) I'd love to be able to bring everything in. Doing an infinite level with EVERY trap would lead to some great kill boxes.
Lastly, I wish we could handle big enemies easier, as it seems we can't springboard them consistently (in 1 you could using one of the whatstheirnames) and it seems they can't be wind-belted (I seem to recall doing this in the original.)

Anyway, love this game, want more.

-------------

3. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 14:43 KilrathiAce

Exaclty, if this game uses gfwl we be stuck 1-2 weeks waiting for this patch and forced to use crap client.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

2. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 14:22 Verno

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

1. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Patch Aug 7, 2012, 14:10 Dev

Good to see support like this from a company.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo