Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BattleZone: Airhunt Alpha

BattleZone: Airhunt is now available on Desura as part of their alpha funding program, allowing customers to get a prerelease version of this helicopter action game and discounts on future releases. Here's word on the game:

"BattleZone: Airhunt" will be an action packed war game in atmospheric environments. You will be able to control super helicopter to fight and survive surrounded by the enemies. What makes "BattleZone: Airhunt" different - Breath-taking action packed war gameplay - Amazing and atmospheric environments - Controlling helicopter in natural way - Powerful helicopter weapons Two game modes: Story, Score. - Story mode - the main mode of the game. - Score mode - player can repeat any stage previously completed in Story mode with different difficulty. The objective is to obtain the highest possible score. Basic PC Version: - Helicopter for player with different weapons: Machine gun, Rockets, Homing missiles - Different kind of enemies - Levels in different amazing environments - Challenges to solve based on atmospheric environment elements Extended PC Version: - Local Cooperation mode for two players - Multiplayer mode for at least 4 players: deathmatch / team deathmatch

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: BattleZone: Airhunt Alpha Aug 8, 2012, 03:36 InBlack

nin wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 10:43:
Shit...was hoping someone who worked on the activision version of Battlezone was doing a kickstarter...

Yeah, did a doubletake as well. BZ1 and even 2 to a extent, were very cool games.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: BattleZone: Airhunt Alpha Aug 7, 2012, 23:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, a new version of Choplifter!? To the Googlemobile!

Choplifter HD, on Steam for 10 bucks. Dammit. My Steam library will continue to grow, it seems.

9. Re: BattleZone: Airhunt Alpha Aug 7, 2012, 19:03 Closed Betas

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 18:23:
UGH. Like others, I saw this title and almost shit my pants.

But no, this is not a remake/continuation of Battlezone/Battlezone II, ie two of my favorite games, all time.

On the other hand, it does appear to be some sort of ripoff of that classic game, Airlift or whatever it was called, the side scrolling chopper game from the 80s where you rescued PoWs and could randomly shoot up everything else? I played the hell out of that in my Apple II days.

*Note to developers: never, NEVER, use the name Battlezone.

Think your talking about Choplifter? in which they just did make a new version of...

Anyhow, it seems they don't know their own audience, or perhaps side stepping it... Does it play with a flight stick? Or is it arcade?

8. Re: BattleZone: Airhunt Alpha Aug 7, 2012, 18:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

UGH. Like others, I saw this title and almost shit my pants.

But no, this is not a remake/continuation of Battlezone/Battlezone II, ie two of my favorite games, all time.

On the other hand, it does appear to be some sort of ripoff of that classic game, Airlift or whatever it was called, the side scrolling chopper game from the 80s where you rescued PoWs and could randomly shoot up everything else? I played the hell out of that in my Apple II days.

*Note to developers: never, NEVER, use the name Battlezone.

7. Re: BattleZone: Airhunt Alpha Aug 7, 2012, 16:27 Prez

Shok wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 16:14:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 15:03:
I'm turned off by the lack of 3D wireframe graphics.

Trolling? We are talking about the 1998 BattleZone.

I think it was a joke.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

6. Re: BattleZone: Airhunt Alpha Aug 7, 2012, 16:14 Shok

jdreyer wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 15:03:

Trolling? We are talking about the 1998 BattleZone.

5. Re: BattleZone: Airhunt Alpha Aug 7, 2012, 15:03 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: BattleZone: Airhunt Alpha Aug 7, 2012, 12:47 Des

Prez wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 12:43:
Shok wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 11:01:
Yeah I was hoping it was a BattleZone reboot also.

Bad move, naming it Battlezone. I was disappointed as well seeing it wasn't releated to the seminal Battlezone series.

Good point, I was rather disappointed also, and just switched off!

3. Re: BattleZone: Airhunt Alpha Aug 7, 2012, 12:43 Prez

Shok wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 11:01:

Bad move, naming it Battlezone. I was disappointed as well seeing it wasn't releated to the seminal Battlezone series.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

2. Re: BattleZone: Airhunt Alpha Aug 7, 2012, 11:01 Shok

1. Re: BattleZone: Airhunt Alpha Aug 7, 2012, 10:43 nin

Shit...was hoping someone who worked on the activision version of Battlezone was doing a kickstarter...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo