Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Hero Profiles Live

Battle.net announces that hero profiles are now on the web to allow Diablo III players to view and share their progress in Blizzard's action/RPG sequel. They promise improved functionality in the future, and that for now the service offers a way to:

• View your heroes’ gear, stats, and skills. How high have you raised your characters’ attributes? What are they wielding in each slot? What are their most prominent gear bonuses? What skills comprise their current build? Nuance awaits you in the Heroes tab.
  • Track your game progress. How many acts have you cleared? What bosses have you shredded in each difficulty? How far have you leveled up your hardcore and normal artisans? Find out in the Career tab. You can also check your play time (by class) throughout your entire Diablo III career, and learn how many monsters and elites you’ve slain.
  • Share with your friends. The Friends tab lets you check out your BattleTag friends’ characters, so that you can quickly compare notes on gear, skill & rune choices, and everything in between. You can also click on a BattleTag in the Diablo III forums to go directly to that player’s profile.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 7, 2012, 09:09 Verno

nin wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 08:40:
People have moved on anyway - what's the point?

Yes, why would someone improve an existing product, the mystery! Maybe to give them more variety so that they want to keep playing or come back. The more you know.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 7, 2012, 08:40 nin

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 04:02:
Maybe they should first start actually implementing the random map generator.. because random it aint. God damn maps are so predictable you can hardly walk in a wrong direction.

People have moved on anyway - what's the point?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

19. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 7, 2012, 08:30 Verno

LancelotNZL wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 01:57:
This game needs Content they should spend time making new Areas and Quests. Who wants to play the same things over and over again.

That's Diablo games dude. I agree there was a shocking lack of variety given the games long dev time but still, for better or worse Diablo is all about repetition.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

18. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 7, 2012, 04:02 eRe4s3r

Maybe they should first start actually implementing the random map generator.. because random it aint. God damn maps are so predictable you can hardly walk in a wrong direction.  

17. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 7, 2012, 01:57 LancelotNZL

This game needs Content they should spend time making new Areas and Quests. Who wants to play the same things over and over again.  

16. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 7, 2012, 01:38 Wowbagger_TIP

DarkCntry wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 22:46:
eunichron wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 21:27:
Doing one thing well doesn't mean the game is devoid of any problems. The gameplay is straight out of 1999. No amount of intricate-to-the-point-of-convolution skill trees makes up for boring gameplay.

Did I say the game was devoid of problems?

Just because the gameplay is, as you subjectively put, straight out of 1999 doesn't make it bad, just not your 'thing'. I found the gameplay fun, but I don't expect others to think the same way as I do.

Not to mention that the game is still very much in beta, and a lot has changed since the spring. I think it's coming along very nicely.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

15. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 22:46 DarkCntry

eunichron wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 21:27:
Doing one thing well doesn't mean the game is devoid of any problems. The gameplay is straight out of 1999. No amount of intricate-to-the-point-of-convolution skill trees makes up for boring gameplay.

Did I say the game was devoid of problems?

Just because the gameplay is, as you subjectively put, straight out of 1999 doesn't make it bad, just not your 'thing'. I found the gameplay fun, but I don't expect others to think the same way as I do.

14. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 21:27 eunichron

DarkCntry wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 18:52:
Icewind wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 18:43:
As for Path of Exile I played some of the beta back in the spring and didn't like it. Me and a friend went through together and aside from the great graphics there isn't anything special about it. Unless you're into PK stuff I suppose, since they said there will be a focus on that.

Did you not notice that it is, for the most part, classless and that there's just an asston of things on the skill tree to choose from? Something that almost everyone complained about D3 not having.

13. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 19:02 jacobvandy

I think I mentioned this here when Path of Exile had their last open beta weekend... The multiplayer aspect is incredibly weak compared to Diablo 3. Everything else notwithstanding, Blizzard did an awesome job making the co-op experience seamless and very user friendly. After being able to drop-in/drop-out friends' games, instantly teleport to wherever they are on the map without their help, and have my own separate loot spawning for me, I just can't go back to how it was with Diablo 2.

I really liked most everything else about PoE and am looking forward to playing it (don't think I'll be spending $10 to get into the closed beta, though), but at the same time I really hope they will be improving that aspect of the game ASAP. Because right now it sucks.

12. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 18:52 DarkCntry

Icewind wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 18:43:
As for Path of Exile I played some of the beta back in the spring and didn't like it. Me and a friend went through together and aside from the great graphics there isn't anything special about it. Unless you're into PK stuff I suppose, since they said there will be a focus on that.

Did you not notice that it is, for the most part, classless and that there's just an asston of things on the skill tree to choose from? Something that almost everyone complained about D3 not having.

11. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 18:43 Icewind

I'm really pleased at the reception D3 is finally getting. You and everyone else were frothing at the mouth in defense of this game leading up to release and I tried to tell you it would be a shipwreck.

Well, it is. I'm glad everyone is dumping on it.

I'm pinning my hopes on Torchlight 2.

10. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 18:26 Jivaro

xornand wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 18:09:
Give Path Of Exile your money, they are worth it.

+1

9. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 18:10 Despoiler

People still play this game?  

8. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 18:09 xornand

Give Path Of Exile your money, they are worth it.  

7. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 17:54 FloorPie

nin wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 17:19:
Man! I can't wait to look at peoples gear that going to change every few days!

Dude, its the new gothic barbie dress up mini-game. Heck, I'm convinced that the reason some folks still play wow is just to go hunt up "transmog" items.

6. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 17:53 jdreyer

And in other news, Path of Exile is shaping up quite nicely.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 17:47 Flatline

And barely a single fuck was given collectively.  

4. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 17:38 Tumbler

This makes me sad.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 17:33 shihonage

Never completed the game with a single character. In midst of Act 2, my interest just kinda... vanished.

Vapid game made by vapid people.

2. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 17:19 nin

Man! I can't wait to look at peoples gear that going to change every few days!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo