Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed

John Smedley's Twitter Feed informs us that beta testing for PlanetSide 2 is getting underway today, saying: "We are go for beta at 2pm. Flagging has started. This is for current PS1 subscribers and All Access members. PS1 vets later" (we're presuming all of this is Pacific time, so that would be 5:00 pm EDT), later stressing that these vets (as opposed to current subscribers) need to register to qualify. In answer to a question about when those with beta keys to the MMOFPS obtained through Twitter would get in, he offers this outlook: "2-3 weeks (ish). depends on how things go in the beta. I can't stress enough that this is an actual 'let's find bugs' beta." It's also worth noting that Smedley recently confirmed the game will be offered through Steam, among other places.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 7, 2012, 08:34 Verno

Bit late for that man, go register and sign up for the beta at planetside2.com. Keep in mind though late registrations will be last in line to get any beta consideration.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 7, 2012, 05:21 InBlack

I want in. How do I get in? Did I mention that I want in?  

I have a nifty blue line!

17. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 23:08 [VG]Reagle

This game is awesome and I cant confirm or deny how I know that. But its everything I wanted.  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

16. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 22:28 ColoradoHoudini

Are we allowed to talk about our beta experience yet? I mean.. if we had any experience in the beta at all.. that is.  

15. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 19:55 Warskull

They got at least 5,000 extra players per day when it was added to steam. Now just over 2,500 concurrent players from steam alone.  

14. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 19:00 Closed Betas

Nomaar wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 18:58:
You had to be a paid subscriber as of 8am Pacific this morning to be in the first wave of invites. Paying for a subscription now won't get you in any earlier.

Thx

13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 18:58 Nomaar

You had to be a paid subscriber as of 8am Pacific this morning to be in the first wave of invites. Paying for a subscription now won't get you in any earlier.  

12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 18:52 Closed Betas

Closed Betas wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 18:50:
Ugh oh, I just quit Steam. Bye PS2.

So if you resubscribe, do you get your invite, if you were already registered for beta? And I am not reviving a 5 year old account, I actually was paying for it 2-3 months ago, but just recently cancelled my sony thing cuz its a waste at $19.99/m

11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 18:50 Closed Betas

Ugh oh, I just quit Steam. Bye PS2.

10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 18:44 J

I hear there's a two hour delay due to tech problems.

I'm having a blast playing Planetside again though. Vanu Superiority!

9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 18:22 Cutter

2-3 weeks? Seriously? Fucking thanks, Smed. Really, it is so long past due that he moves on to other things.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 18:11 eunichron

Dades wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 17:51:
Asmo wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 17:48:
Wonder if my tech beta key carries over... =\

It does, I asked because I was in the tech test too but it was under NDA so I didn't bother mentioning it here. Higby confirmed it earlier.

You know if a reinstall is required for those of us coming from the tech test? They mentioned a patch, but major revision changes don't usually go well.

7. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 17:51 Dades

Asmo wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 17:48:

It does, I asked because I was in the tech test too but it was under NDA so I didn't bother mentioning it here. Higby confirmed it earlier.

6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 17:48 Asmo

Not that it matters a whole bunch, soooo many games at the mo'...

5. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 17:25 Frags4Fun

Quite lame indeed. I had a feeling that Priority keys were anything but priority.  

4. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 17:15 yuastnav

Well, at least you'll be getting in earlier. :p
I guess I should be just glad that I got a priority key through the key exchange program but I don't think I'll be able to play PS2 before September.

3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 16:24 Veterator

I think Tribes only gets big populations on weekends. Their double XP weekends or whatever are the times when you don't end up playing the same people every day throughout the day. Otherwise weekdays I'll see the same 10-15 people very often, on weekends maybe 5 of that 10-15.

It's more consistent now that they group by rank, but it was still a pretty regular group of people playing at certain times before that change.

So I'd guess they maybe have a steady group of 5-8k players per server hub, with it spiking up to 15-20k on the XP weekends. Really hard to judge on how many people overall throughout the day, but I'm thinking 5k people seems pretty reasonable for a weekday.

And looks like I won't be getting into PS2 beta for at least another week as a vet.

2. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 16:06 jacobvandy

Of course it will be on Steam, there's no reason for any decent F2P game not to be there. I wonder how the numbers for Tribes: Ascend changed after they launched on Steam... Unfortunately it seems Hi-Rez are not as forthcoming with gameplay stats as Valve are.  

1. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning Aug 6, 2012, 15:46 space captain

awwwwwwwwwwwww jeeah  
Go forth, and kill!

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo