Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2012, 21:09 RollinThundr

Fletch wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 17:35:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 15:09:

Again, I don't like Romney any better. But to call Obama anything other than a failure is stretching it. The man can't even get a budget passed, and the 17 or so budgets congress drafted are more than likely at the bottom of Harry Reid's wastebasket.

It's a two way street, Obama and his supporters as much as they preached they would work with the Republicans has done the opposite.

Are you daft? It was just explained to you by two different people. You are absolutely CLUELESS. You can't work with Repugs who have no intention of working with you on anything, and who's primary purpose is to filibuster everything (you can filibuster without a majority, so that's been explained to you now), and then claim Obama didn't do anything come election time. They've even said as much many times. Even when Obama gives in and gives them everything they want (and he often does), they change their minds and block it with filibuster anyway. You've swallowed that ridiculous, neocon cult narrative whole, and now you're here regurgitating bullet points with absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

You are a tool.

Yeah only republicans ever filabuster. mmm hmm. Let's be honest, both parties suck, both are driving us off the cliff. Libs just have the pedal to the floor with desires for us to end up like Greece and the rest of Europe aside from Germany.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2012, 17:35 Fletch

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 15:09:

Again, I don't like Romney any better. But to call Obama anything other than a failure is stretching it. The man can't even get a budget passed, and the 17 or so budgets congress drafted are more than likely at the bottom of Harry Reid's wastebasket.

It's a two way street, Obama and his supporters as much as they preached they would work with the Republicans has done the opposite.

Are you daft? It was just explained to you by two different people. You are absolutely CLUELESS. You can't work with Repugs who have no intention of working with you on anything, and who's primary purpose is to filibuster everything (you can filibuster without a majority, so that's been explained to you now), and then claim Obama didn't do anything come election time. They've even said as much many times. Even when Obama gives in and gives them everything they want (and he often does), they change their minds and block it with filibuster anyway. You've swallowed that ridiculous, neocon cult narrative whole, and now you're here regurgitating bullet points with absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

You are a tool.

33. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2012, 11:11 Beamer

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 08:36:
Beamer wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 06:45:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 00:40:
Beamer wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 23:13:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 22:54:
Beamer wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 19:44:
If there are more rich liberals than conservatives, doesn't that imply it's smarter to be a liberal?

Hint: wealth has nothing to do with how you feel economic policy should be structured. Just because you make an obscene amount of money doesn't mean you think the system is boned, and just because you think the system is completely asinine and creates incentives to cut jobs instead of create them doesn't mean you can't be wealthy.

Hint: all those 1%ers you guys like to cry about? They're democrats.

Show me one post where I bitch about a guy making $250k. C'mon.
Or stop lumping me in. Not everyone is the political stereotype you painfully are.

Beamer you've gone on more than once about the supposed finite pie and how those are the top are hoarding it. Come on now.

But I don't think it's 1%. I bitch about guys making two million, not two hundred thousand.

And what makes you think the pie isn't finite? Is the US making an infinite amount of money suddenly? Is the middle class actually seeing their salaries increase for the first time in 30 years?

Are people good at spending within their means? Are those in the middle class saving for retirement? I realize the words personal responsibility to a liberal are like a cross to a vampire, but that's what reality is, Big daddy government is not there to hold your hand and provide a life for you, toughen up cupcake.

I saw my salary increase by 6k in july. If one works hard enough they advance.

Actually, I think the fact that our government has zero sense of personal responsibility and that we keep electing idiots that fail to do anything is one of the biggest issues in our country.

But personal responsibility only goes so far. Again, sticking with the basketball metaphor, if you tie a guy's ankles together do you blame him for not scoring a basket and tell him it's his personal responsibility to do better?
At some point "personal responsibility" only goes so far. Especially when money overcomes it. Trump has gone bankrupt how many times? But being born rich overcomes personal responsibility and makes him even wealthier.

Also: shut up about your stupid partisan bullshit. I'm neither liberal nor conservative. And shut up about your "toughen up, life isn't fair" bullshit. To play that card (and troll), I make more than you, I'm just educated enough to know how the current rules of the game will result in the entire economy falling on its face.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

32. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2012, 08:36 nin

Your constant trolling is getting really old...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

31. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2012, 08:36 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 06:45:
If there are more rich liberals than conservatives, doesn't that imply it's smarter to be a liberal?

Hint: wealth has nothing to do with how you feel economic policy should be structured. Just because you make an obscene amount of money doesn't mean you think the system is boned, and just because you think the system is completely asinine and creates incentives to cut jobs instead of create them doesn't mean you can't be wealthy.

Or stop lumping me in. Not everyone is the political stereotype you painfully are.

Beamer you've gone on more than once about the supposed finite pie and how those are the top are hoarding it. Come on now.

But I don't think it's 1%. I bitch about guys making two million, not two hundred thousand.

And what makes you think the pie isn't finite? Is the US making an infinite amount of money suddenly? Is the middle class actually seeing their salaries increase for the first time in 30 years?

Are people good at spending within their means? Are those in the middle class saving for retirement? I realize the words personal responsibility to a liberal are like a cross to a vampire, but that's what reality is, Big daddy government is not there to hold your hand and provide a life for you, toughen up cupcake.

I saw my salary increase by 6k in july. If one works hard enough they advance.

30. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2012, 06:45 Beamer

-------------

29. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2012, 00:40 RollinThundr

28. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 23:15 Beamer

Also, I've never once called anyone in the top whatever percent a bad person. I complain about policy, not people. People do what they need to in order to be competitive. It just so happens that policy allows them to screw everyone else over in order to maximize their competitiveness.

To them they're not doing that, because they're doing nothing illegal, nothing morally bankrupt, and if they don't do it someone else will and that person will just take their power and render them irrelevant.

Policy, not people. People play with the rules they're given. If you start allowing traveling in basketball you can't complain about a player when he starts scoring 50 points per game by doing it.

But keep pretending you're the only rational person even though most of what you say is poorly reasoned talking points you heard from elsewhere.

-------------

27. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 23:13 Beamer

-------------

26. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 23:12 Sepharo

Source? What you said doesn't seem to agree with Gallup's poll. I'm not aware of Gallup's political leanings though, I'm sure if they're part of liberal MSM or something you'll let me know.

25. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 22:58 RollinThundr

PHJF wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 21:18:
Oh, and btw, Obama is a narcissist. He has no interest in accomplishing anything but supplying his narcissistic needs. He only really cares about himself.

So he's a perfect capitalist? Rand would be so proud of us.

Narcissism has zero to do with being capitalist. Honestly Littleme is right, Barry displays all the trappings of one on a constant basis anyway.

24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 22:54 RollinThundr

23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 21:18 PHJF

Oh, and btw, Obama is a narcissist. He has no interest in accomplishing anything but supplying his narcissistic needs. He only really cares about himself.

So he's a perfect capitalist? Rand would be so proud of us.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 20:49 LittleMe

Obama is a puppet of the finance industry including the central banks and also Wall Street. He had no genuine accomplishments that qualified him for his role. Neither did McCain. It was a sham of an election. The next one will be a sham, too. Your vote doesn't matter. If you vote for either party, you are endorsing a corrupt system designed to make you frustrated and oppress you.

Oh, and btw, Obama is a narcissist. He has no interest in accomplishing anything but supplying his narcissistic needs. He only really cares about himself. No I don't (nor have I ever) endorse LaRouche, but that interview is enlightening.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 19:44 Beamer

-------------

20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 19:38 NKD

People who think their political parties matter are hilarious. Breaking news, nearly every politician is a conservative in the US. "Left" and "Right" in this country are pretty much just shades of conservative.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 18:51 TurdFergasun

doesn't matter who's captain of the titanic after it hits the iceberg, it's still gonna sink with either side's liars installed.  

18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 18:22 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 17:19:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 16:33:

I stopped paying attention when you called Obama a conservative. That Kool Aid must be extra strength.

Ah, yes. Obama the "liberal" who:

- Devised, shepherded, and signed a conservative health care law first proposed by the Heritage Foundation and implemented by a Republican governor in Mass.
- Ordered the killing, not capture, of OBL
- Ordered the killing of US citizens without due process
- Expanded the drone war, expanding into new countries and vastly increasing their usage
- Expanded the war in Afghanistan
- Renewed the Patriot Act, a piece of legislation reviled by liberals
- Continued and expanded warrantless wiretapping started under Bush
- Initiated an unprecedented campaign against leakers (liberals are for transparency, not against)
- Expanded the war on drugs
- Put Social Security cuts on the table for negotiation as part of deficit reduction
- Extended the Bush tax cuts
- Expanded oil drilling
- Supports nuclear, clean coal, and natural gas fracking, all harmful to the environment

Oh, but he came out in favor of gay marriage, so he's a liberal! (AFTER public acceptance was over 50%)

Bruce Bartlett, former Reagan and Bush I official:

Conservatives will, of course, scoff at the idea of Obama being any sort of conservative, just as liberals scoffed at Nixon being any kind of liberal. But with the benefit of historical hindsight, itís now obvious that Nixon was indeed a moderate liberal in practice. And with the passage of time, itís increasingly obvious that Clinton was essentially an Eisenhower Republican. It may take 20 years before Obamaís basic conservatism is widely accepted as well, but itís a fact.

If nothing else Obama wants to be a dictator, that hardly makes him conservative. You're not even making sense. Oh wait I forgot it's the MSN stereotype that that Republicans/Conservatives all want to kill babies and such. Right.

Obama isn't for transparency, he bamboozled you all, liberals really aren't for it either, there's far more rich liberals in this world, (just look at hollywood) than their are republicans. But hey keep clinging to that idea the mass liberal media keeps feeding you that the 1% is hoarding your part of the finite pie.

The health care bill is certainly not conservative either, and it will cost us more in the long run.

You're also not mentioning all the alternative energy companies that he handed tax payer money to that have all gone under.

Fact of the matter is I often question if liberals even live in reality to be honest.

He's for stricter gun control, he supports groups like Accorn (voter fraud ftw!) is against mandated ID to vote, has added more to our debt with wasteful bailout spending than any previous administration, including Junior, yet you folks want to pass him off as a conservative. Like I said, the Kool Aid must be strong.

The one good thing he's done is call the kill shot on Bin Laden, good riddance to another pos terrorist.

17. Police commissioner blames games for knife crime Aug 6, 2012, 17:26 jdreyer

The criminal was under the mistaken belief he'd be able to run faster...  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2012, 17:23 nin

- Ordered the killing of US citizens without due process

It still amazes me that when that happened, there was virtually no uproar whatsoever...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo