Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Arma II Combined Operations
  4. Orcs Must Die! 2
  5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  6. Civilization V Gods & Kings
  7. RAGE
  8. Borderlands Game of the Year Edition
  9. Sleeping Dogs
  10. Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 6, 2012, 17:42 Narf2029

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 23:56:
Dev wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 22:09:
I think its more because they are based out of the country (they are in UK) than anything else.

Out of country charges often raise a red flag.
Doesn't make a whole pile of sense to be honest. I order a pile of crap from S.Korea and Japan, never had a problem. But GMG I've had nothing but problems.

I didn't expect it either. I've never had problems ordering from outside the US before. My credit card company said they were not sending address information when they submitted the authorization request, and that's why they declined it - but I entered it all in so what gives? On top of that, they locked my damn card out! I found out when my fuel light came on and my card didn't work at 3 gas stations. Good thing I had cash on me today.

edit: And it's still not working. To hell with them then. Watch my card get locked out again too.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 6, 2012, 09:34 The Pyro

RAGE back in the top 10! I guess $10 is a decent price point for it?

In honor of QuakeCon I played through Doom 3 again this weekend. With the high-res texture mods and other community graphics tweaks it actually looked very nice. And it certainly runs a lot smoother now than on my PC from years ago when it came out

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 6, 2012, 00:55 eRe4s3r

They have regional pricing now and Borderlands 2 costs 50 and no sale! ;/

Well, actually they have a sale, it was just not on their blog

PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN = 25% off ... I can live with that ^^

Wow, this teaches me that skipping the first post on a topic is a bad idea (The reason i was confused is because this was not apparent in the co.uk page!)

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 2012, 09:12.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 23:58 Beamer

Esoteric wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 20:19:
Really enjoying OMD2, I think it's quite a bit better than the first one (not that the first one was bad by any means). More ways to create different builds, more possible ways to beat the levels. Liking endless mode, too. Haven't had a chance to try co-op yet, but looking forward to it.

I'm really enjoying it, though it definitely still has some difficulty spikes. The 4th to last level gave me some hell, the 3rd to last level I barely squeaked by (2 left, a definite low for me, though I did fail one level on my first try), then the 2nd to last level I wasn't even challenged on.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 23:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Dev wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 22:09:
I think its more because they are based out of the country (they are in UK) than anything else.

Doesn't make a whole pile of sense to be honest. I order a pile of crap from S.Korea and Japan, never had a problem. But GMG I've had nothing but problems.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 22:09 Dev

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 20:19 Esoteric

Really enjoying OMD2, I think it's quite a bit better than the first one (not that the first one was bad by any means). More ways to create different builds, more possible ways to beat the levels. Liking endless mode, too. Haven't had a chance to try co-op yet, but looking forward to it.  

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 19:55 xXBatmanXx

All 4 of my copies are spoken for - K, C, and B. Thanks guys.

Bats.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 19:49 nin

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 19:29:
So use PayPal? It must be some weirdo credit card, they've accepted Visas and a Mastercard from me just fine.

I've not had an issue, but I've heard of others having difficulties based on the payment processor GMG uses. Apparently (I've heard) some times they get flagged as fraudulent (or gambling). Supposedly GMG was supposed to be switching to a different payment system, but that was months ago, and it sounds like it's still happening.

It sucks, and I always hold my breath when I order from them, and wait for the phone to ring from my CC company. But I guess I've been lucky...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 19:29 jacobvandy

So use PayPal? It must be some weirdo credit card, they've accepted Visas and a Mastercard from me just fine.  

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 19:12 Narf2029

Shame they won't accept any of my credit cards for some reason. No big deal, they all work elsewhere and I'm sure Borderlands 2 will get a decent preorder price from someone who does want my money.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 18:55 Rea1One

hate to buy Borderlands 2 on steam as its $70 USD here.

GMG cheap prices FTW!

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 18:18 Jerykk

GMG really needs to get more publishers on-board. If they had Dishonored, I'd pre-order it right now.  

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 17:02 Ray Marden

The promo is for the weekend and works on most/all titles.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299254

http://wastedonsteam.com/usd/recent_sales/greenmangaming
Friends don't let friends buy games without looking at CAG.
Posting linkage 'r us,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 16:57 Bucky

I got dragged back into Battlefield 3, so I used the code to pick up the premium pack. I do feel a bit dirty, though.

Borderlands 2 will probably be a Winter Sale purchase. With Guild Wars 2 around the corner, and Torchlight 2 hopefully in the next month or two, I'm simply not going to have any excess gaming time.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 16:42 Fion

Thanks for the link. I'm glad to see it's a steam unlock. I've purchased a game through them that wasn't a steam unlock and then had major issues playing the game because of their exceptionally shitty launcher. Since it's a steam unlock, I'll def pick this one up.  

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2012, 15:57 nin

Anyone interested in Borderlands 2 can pick it up from green man gaming for $37.50, using code PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN. No idea how much longer it'll last, but that's a great price, and their page says it includes the preorder bonuses.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo