Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

QuakeCon 2012 Keynote

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2012, 16:13 Rigs

nin wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 12:11:
And BTW we remember when you fucked us when you abandoned mulitplayer after Q2.

I know, right??? If only they'd followed it up with a game that focused on online and team play! Like players fighting in an Arena or something. Would have been so cool, and they could have included Quake symbols and stuff!

Oooh, BURN!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 5, 2012, 12:54 HorrorScope

Yeah not sure how I would like to sit 3 and a 1/2 hours listening to all that. He likes to detail to us that "he thinks a lot of this through, that there are variable affecting other variables", now we could just all assume that these obstacles exist because everyone has them in whatever they do... And then give us only the outcome and facts ma'am. Could have saved 3:15 minutes.

He is more of a R&D guy to me now and that's fine. We are all jaded now because of stagnation, we need people looking out for the future and pushing us to new places and to me he's as good as they come there.

13. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 5, 2012, 12:11 nin

I wish he would SHUT HIS CAKE HOLE. BLAB BLAB BLAB I made a game 20 years ago that was genius. But now I run run my mouth none stop and turn out pieces of shit.

STFU and work on games. Your flapping your lips for 2 hours about how much you know doesnt translate into dog crap.

Wow. Obviously the video wasn't for you.

And BTW we remember when you fucked us when you abandoned mulitplayer after Q2.

I know, right??? If only they'd followed it up with a game that focused on online and team play! Like players fighting in an Arena or something. Would have been so cool, and they could have included Quake symbols and stuff!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 5, 2012, 11:35 Dev

Overon wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 17:25:
You are only as good as your last game. And your last game was extremely subpar. Megatextures is it dead yet?
My understanding is that it was mostly rage's implementation of such that sucked (in combination with a crappy forced auto detection), not the idea and technique itself.

11. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 5, 2012, 11:06 [VG]Reagle

I wish he would SHUT HIS CAKE HOLE. BLAB BLAB BLAB I made a game 20 years ago that was genius. But now I run run my mouth none stop and turn out pieces of shit.

STFU and work on games. Your flapping your lips for 2 hours about how much you know doesnt translate into dog crap. And BTW we remember when you fucked us when you abandoned mulitplayer after Q2. Also no one is strapping that crap to their heads...

Too many lamborginis and wasting fortunes on rocket fuel...

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

10. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 5, 2012, 06:48 Dmitri_M

Doom4 "when it's done" yet "we want to optimise our pipeline and get games out faster". That "when it's done" shtick is over now that they're owned by Zenimax. While I don't think deadlines are the issue with recent id titles (rather a lack of creativity) I don't see anything groundbreaking coming from id again. Sad really, the only reason I started playing games was id FPS titles. Crytek didn't produce anything with soul after Farcry 1, Epic have devolved their FPS titles into third person gamepad shooters and are now set on producing TF2 shooters for people who enjoy Pixar movies more than their kids, Valve are now a retail store and don't have the willpower to manage their staff to produce another HL, COD is ok but has no replay value and has become completely generic over the past few titles. Am I being overly negative, where are the new fun SP FPS shooters? These used to drive PC gaming. What drives PC gaming now? Console ports and Steam sales of indie games I guess.  

9. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 5, 2012, 06:08 JediPunisher

Rage was good, but the last great id game was Doom 2.

I've finished Rage twice, first on a high-end PC and then on my 360. I hate to admit it, but Rage was superior on the 360... smooth as butter at 60fps with none of the driver issues, texture bugs, or framerate hitches of the PC version. Yes, Rage looked sharper and loaded faster on my PC, but those were the only benefits... Heck, the game even controlled better with a 360 controller on the PC.

One day, John Carmack may bless us with another state-of-the-art PC shooter... but until then we'll have to make due with bad console ports.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2012, 06:15.

8. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 5, 2012, 02:21 jacobvandy

Graphics/tech issues aside, I thought it was great until the last half hour-ish. That was a whole lot of tension and build-up to nothin'... I wanted something big and scary to shoot my BFG rounds at! Also really could have used a post-story free roam mode.

Once again, though, you gotta give Carmack credit for talking frankly to everybody like that. He really is one of the last of a dying breed of genuine game developers. I bet Tim Willits/Pete Hines cringe a thousand times during one of these long-ass keynotes.

7. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 5, 2012, 01:12 cronik

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 00:39:
Oh wait...THAT RAGE...oh that RAGE sucked.

Given they took so long on the game, the lame ending was just inexcusable in my book.

6. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 5, 2012, 00:39 Mashiki Amiketo

netnerd85 wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 23:33:
RAGE is awesome.
Well sometimes it's the only thing that gets me up in the mornings...

Oh wait...THAT RAGE...oh that RAGE sucked.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 4, 2012, 23:33 netnerd85

RAGE is awesome.  

4. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 4, 2012, 20:57 ASeven

Jerykk wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 19:07:
ASeven wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 18:22:
Surprised nobody called him on Rage.
\

They did. When he admitted that the PC version of RAGE was borked, there was applause from the audience.

Interesting? Anything more like this?

Not that it matter, his next game will be as borked for the PC.

3. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 4, 2012, 19:07 Jerykk

ASeven wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 18:22:
\

They did. When he admitted that the PC version of RAGE was borked, there was applause from the audience.

2. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 4, 2012, 18:22 ASeven

1. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 4, 2012, 17:25 Overon

You are only as good as your last game. And your last game was extremely subpar. Megatextures is it dead yet?  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo