Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Lords Announced

Indie developer Neogen2 Creations announces Star Lords, an upcoming 4X space strategy game they've been working on for the past two years. The game is currently in the alpha stage, but those who preorder will gain access to development builds beginning now. Here's word on the game, which is expected by the end of this year:

Star Lords is an epic-sized complex and dense 4X strategy game for the PC, set in space where you take the command of one race to join the struggle for supremacy in the galaxy. As the leader of your empire you are to deal with exploring the stars, colonizing new worlds, manage your empire and conquer whoever dares to oppose.

View
9. Re: Star Lords Announced Aug 4, 2012, 06:23 Numinar

No game in the genre has approached the awesomeness of Master of Magic or the first Master of Orion (not that MOM 2 was a bad game mind).

Unfathomably complex is not what those games were. Deep, involving, emergent and atmospheric yes, but not brain burningly obtuse. All these indie games just don't seem to get it, but good luck for trying and you keep getting my money anyway as I try to scratch that unscratchable itch (Well, until I get the old 486 dos machine out of storage again).

Hoping the UFO:Ememy Unknown remake turns out good. The Pirates! Remake Firaxis made almost nailed it, and in some way was superiour to the original. If they get XCOM right I'll start a kickstarter for them to get the rights to those other two great Microprose TBS games.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 3, 20:58 Re: Star Lords Announced PHJF
  2. Aug 3, 21:07  Re: Star Lords Announced Annex
  3. Aug 3, 21:19   Re: Star Lords Announced Axis
  4. Aug 3, 21:39    Re: Star Lords Announced Slashman
  6. Aug 3, 22:10   Re: Star Lords Announced jdreyer
  5. Aug 3, 21:44 Re: Star Lords Announced dj LiTh
  7. Aug 3, 23:50 Re: Star Lords Announced space captain
  8. Aug 4, 00:30 Re: Star Lords Announced Dev
>> 9. Aug 4, 06:23  Re: Star Lords Announced Numinar
  10. Aug 4, 07:08   Re: Star Lords Announced Dirwulf