Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced

The BioWare Blog announces the Leviathan DLC for Mass Effect 3 that was previously uncovered for the action/RPG sequel, as well as plans for a new Firefight weapons pack for the game. The Leviathan pack is a story-driven single-player campaign expected later this summer, and the Firefight pack is due next week. Here's word on both:

Taking place during the events of Mass Effect 3, players will be thrust into the darkest corners of space where they will hunt a mysterious being rumored to be powerful enough to destroy a Reaper. As they race against time, they will begin to unravel the secret of the Leviathan. Explore uncharted systems and new areas on the Citadel, interact with brand new characters, unlock the AT-12 Raider shotgun and M-55 Argus Assault Rifle and discover more about the mysterious history of the Reapers. Available on PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Cost is $10 or 800 Microsoft points.

Firefight Weapons Pack

But that is not all. Players will soon be able to arm themselves with the Firefight Pack, a new Single Player Weapon Pack available for download August 7. Available on PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Cost is $2 or 160 Microsoft points. The Firefight Pack will feature two powerful new weapons and five bonus weapons to use in the fight to Take Back Earth!

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 20:53 SlimRam

Well...i'm happy that they finally put out some SP DLC. I have to admit that I have been hooked on this series since the beginning and I truely loved just about every single moment of this series....um...ok, I had issues with Miranda in ME2. I made sure that in EVERY incarnation of my Shepard...she died

Anyway, glad to see some new content and NO it don't mean a Hill-O-Beans to the end story (although perhaps if Jessica Chobot was dancing naked in front of me as I made my final epic choice I believe that would have raised the quality of the ending...) *Ahem*

Uh...anyway, glad to see the DLC. Probably won't be buying it immediately but will get this. Rifle

"Angels with silver wings, shouldn't know suffering, I wish I could take the pain for you

If God has a master plan, that only He understands, I hope it's your eyes He's seeing through"

Depeche Mode - Precious
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 14:36 peteham

If the quality of this turns out to be on par with ME2's DLC, I'll be picking it in a year's time for my eventual replay. Should be one or two more out by then as well unless this one bombs. Or so I assume.  

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 13:03 StingingVelvet

Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 12:20:
My big hangup on this is, what's the actual purpose of it? It won't make a shit's worth of difference in the game whether you played Leviathan or not. It'll probably add 150 points to your War Assets score...

I didn't play the game to raise my Asset score, I played the game because it was fun to play, has an awesome story and has cool new environments to see. I would assume the DLC adds more of all three things.

Bioware's DLC is not as rock-solid as Bethesda's but they make a lot of good stuff and are probably second on the list of best DLC makers. I'll be getting this for sure.

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 13:01 Flatline

Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 12:20:
My big hangup on this is, what's the actual purpose of it? It won't make a shit's worth of difference in the game whether you played Leviathan or not. It'll probably add 150 points to your War Assets score...

Exactly. Why bother when you're just going to get tea-bagged a few hours later.

SP DLC for this game seems... pointless. Because our choices don't matter in the end. Even the extended endings are virtually identical. It stopped being "our story" and became "a message from BioWare".

Any campaign content needs to be self-contained stories within the ME universe at this point. I could get on board with that. But trying to continue a story that's done is an exercise in futility, especially when the ending is so set in stone.

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 12:54 Coolone

I'm surprised it took them this long to actually start charging for content (not that there's a problem with that). If you don't like the price, don't get it, simple as that.  

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 12:53 fawker

Great news! The inevitable GOTY pack with all the extras is getting sweeter all the time.

Keep counting those eggs EA.

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 12:30 NegaDeath

I might take a look at it for my inevitable 2nd run with my evilshep. I did enjoy the DLC missions from ME2, particularly Shadow Broker.  

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 12:20 Creston

necrosis wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 11:11:
Ahh so people like me who don't give a flying shit about MP get to pay for the MP content via the SP content. Yes, that makes perfect sense.

The MP DLC is actually paid for by their MP store. A surprising amount of people buy lottery tickets packs with actual money.

And, of course, SP DLC has costs beyond just time of their own staff, it has voice actors that need to be paid, etc.

Creston

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 11:38 xornand

This game is like watching a shitty space movie. Its not even really a game.
Please go in a hole and die Bioware. You are garbage.

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 11:11 necrosis

Dades wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 11:06:
What's wrong with that? They gave out a bunch of free content already and it's a singleplayer story campaign DLC.
Ahh so people like me who don't give a flying shit about MP get to pay for the MP content via the SP content. Yes, that makes perfect sense.

Why not spread the cost out among ALL the DLC.

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 11:06 Dades

What's wrong with that? They gave out a bunch of free content already and it's a singleplayer story campaign DLC.  

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan and Firefight Announced Aug 3, 2012, 11:02 necrosis

Ahh so MP is free put SP we have to pay.

What kind of bullshit is that?

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo