Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Auction House Change Plans

A post on the Diablo III Forums from community manager Lylirra confirms that Blizzard is looking to follow player feedback and address some of the simple database oversights that impede the functionality of the game's auction house (thanks VG247 via Diablo N). Here's word:

Thanks for the feedback! We're looking to bump the number of Preferred Stats slots from 3 up to 6. We're also looking to bump the number of digits in the "Min Value" window from 3 to 5 (so you can search for Preferred Stat values higher than "999").

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 5, 2012, 09:57 descender

People insist on complaining that they want overpriced items. Is that what you meant to say? You can find plenty of stuff that isn't overpriced. It doesn't matter because then actually playing the game is pointless.

You let the AH ruin your own experience, not the other way around.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 4, 2012, 22:53 z0dd

The only AH change that would bring me back to Diablo 3 is the entire removal of it and a complete wipe of the all character. Then I'm back.  

25. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 4, 2012, 05:22 Luke

Madguy wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 20:06:
Optional nickname wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 15:40:
I've been permabanned from their forum today, for trolling. I guess that means their entire forum is now permabanned. In a way, I am happy, becuase I seriously needed that kick in the ass to confirm I've been wasting my time playing this game , albeit casually, since May 15th + 1 week for having to fix my blown CPU due to D3 beta and it's unoptimized CPU destroyer.

my problem, along with many others, is that we loved D1 and 2, and are FOOLING ourselves into thinking this game is anything like the previous iterations.

Good riddance Blizzard, I'm going to set my CE on fire and post it soon on reddit.

In the end, I am happy to have this wakeup call, I mean, in all honesty, their gameplay engine mechanics wise, was ok, it works as an arpg so to speak, the mindless clicking ...

but the buck stops there Mike. thanks for this historic moment, you fail. not me. you and your rigged AH, and I pity those to have spent real dollars on RHAH, to each their own with that though.

I'm off to play Path of exile, and praise those indie developers for trying to keep the real legacy of this genre, alive and well.
Their beta invite was sitting in my inbox for the longest time, I was a fool to have let that sit there all this time, until now.

Welcoming also TL2, but I know Runic games is now tainted with Blizzard's bribes to delay their game further on purpose, so I may have to ignore their game too.

money corrupts, and I knew this all along. #@%@# me to hell.

/cheers Bluesnews.

My best advice to you, sir:
- Take a step back from the gaming world.
- See a psychiatrist.

You can say that to those who play the same over and over and over and over and over again.
Blizz could instead of just playing the 3 monkeys (mouth -ears-eyes )
give "some" info more often , instead of letting peps get to that kind of rage were they get banned, but then again they don't give A.S

24. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 22:02 Aero

I rather liked Diablo 3 (except for the DRM), but two playthroughs was plenty for me. I find it difficult to believe there are really so many people playing it long enough to warrant having an auction house. Do that many people really play it over and over and over again like someone would play an MMO?

Seems to me that Blizzard kind of lost the plot here. Either that or they're getting a little too evil, specifically trying to take advantage of obsessive compulsive people.

23. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 20:06 Madguy

I've been permabanned from their forum today, for trolling. I guess that means their entire forum is now permabanned. In a way, I am happy, becuase I seriously needed that kick in the ass to confirm I've been wasting my time playing this game , albeit casually, since May 15th + 1 week for having to fix my blown CPU due to D3 beta and it's unoptimized CPU destroyer.

my problem, along with many others, is that we loved D1 and 2, and are FOOLING ourselves into thinking this game is anything like the previous iterations.

Good riddance Blizzard, I'm going to set my CE on fire and post it soon on reddit.

In the end, I am happy to have this wakeup call, I mean, in all honesty, their gameplay engine mechanics wise, was ok, it works as an arpg so to speak, the mindless clicking ...

but the buck stops there Mike. thanks for this historic moment, you fail. not me. you and your rigged AH, and I pity those to have spent real dollars on RHAH, to each their own with that though.

I'm off to play Path of exile, and praise those indie developers for trying to keep the real legacy of this genre, alive and well.
Their beta invite was sitting in my inbox for the longest time, I was a fool to have let that sit there all this time, until now.

Welcoming also TL2, but I know Runic games is now tainted with Blizzard's bribes to delay their game further on purpose, so I may have to ignore their game too.

/cheers Bluesnews.

My best advice to you, sir:
- Take a step back from the gaming world.
- See a psychiatrist.

22. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 19:39 RailWizard

So when is d3 coming out?  

21. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 17:57 Creston

Steazy wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 11:16:
No comment?

This is my care cup: -> \_/

Looks kinda empty, doesn't it?

Creston

20. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 17:37 Dades

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 17:29:
Is this on wares sites and shit yet in working order? This is the first game... ever... that I would feel okay pirating.

Not in anything but a very rough form. Just wait a year, it won't keep value like D2 did. Already down to $40-45 on some classified sites.

19. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 17:36 RailWizard

/cheers Bluesnews.

Optional Sanity?

18. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 17:29 StingingVelvet

Is this on wares sites and shit yet in working order? This is the first game... ever... that I would feel okay pirating.  

17. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 17:25 AngelicPenguin

/cheers Bluesnews.

o.......k........

16. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 17:24 Darks

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 15:03:
Don't know why Blizzard bothers, no one is playing this POS any more.

LOL, hardly anyone at least. But the best thing they could do is get rid of both Auction Houses completely. They have utterly ruined the game.

Both AHs are so over inflated itís not even funny, how anyone can seriously think that someone going to buy anything costing as much as people are trying to sell them is mind blowing. I watch items and they will sit there and expire. But people still insist and try to sell items that are far over priced.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

15. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 15:40 Optional nickname

/cheers Bluesnews.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2012, 15:49.

14. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 15:03 Ozmodan

Don't know why Blizzard bothers, no one is playing this POS any more.  

13. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 14:18 El Pit

Next step: build a better game around your beloved (RM)AH.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

12. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 14:10 DG

"Simple oversights", subtly put.

Other obvious ones are sorting by the columns e.g. time to expire. How about the ability to put items in a watch-list and compare them? Why does it compare to equipped items when doing some things, but not others?

And how about "OR" rules for the searches like "life per sec OR life on hit".

AH is just about stuffed now anyway. There's rampant inflation on uber items while sellers are trying to start bidding on entry-level Inferno at millions of gold, but nobody is buying because people either want uber gear or don't have millions. Not that there's many people playing especially at entry level. I'm not even confident the uber gear is selling, unless the bidding starts low.

No, I don't have any idea why I'm still trying to play this game. I can make progress in Act II now but only in low MF/GF gear so the gear I find is nearly all shit and nobody is buying the entry level stuff even at 20k buyout, so I'm barely breaking even. Farming Act II really is even less fun than Act I, which was already in negative-fun territory.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2012, 14:27.

11. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 13:54 NKD

fawker wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 12:53:
Far too little, far too late.

You still can't even sort stuff the way you want.

It's like looking through a bargain bin at Walmart.

Except more expensive, and you don't actually get anything for your money.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

10. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 13:09 LgFriess

Where is the option to get rid of the AH?  

9. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 13:05 Mr. Tact

If they are simple oversights, why do you need feedback to address them? Idiots.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 13:00 Luke

Haha fix for the AH...jezz  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo