Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gatherings & Competitions

View
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2012, 01:31 RailWizard

NKD wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 23:49:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 23:21:
NKD wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 22:13:
Telling a minority group to shut up and stop getting noticed so things will be easier on them probably isn't the right attitude to have.

..and yet, nothing could be more true. If you want to be part of the larger community, that means not having your own that separates you from it. Stop acting like victims, and maybe you'll stop being treated like one. There are so many examples of this in life I'm not even gonna bother giving examples. I do remember this lesson being drilled in many times in grade school though. No one gets special privilege. Anyone attempting to extort it was punished. Simple as that.

So it's the LGBT's communities fault that people hate them and attempt to exclude them from society? If only they would just go back in the closet?

So the solution is to make a spectacle of themselves? I'm just trying to see the end game here, and right now, it's pretty fucking foggy. What exactly does full equality look like? Are the rich going to start partying with the poor? Sometimes you just have to live with what you have and try to be happy with it, or kill yourself.

I think the reality is they will never be fully accepted, and the sooner they learn to live with that, the better it will be for everyone. Or we can fight about it some more.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 3, 17:42 Re: Gatherings & Competitions NKD
  2. Aug 3, 18:34  Re: Gatherings & Competitions Burrito of Peace
  3. Aug 3, 19:36   Re: Gatherings & Competitions RailWizard
  4. Aug 3, 21:13   Re: Gatherings & Competitions Tusker
  5. Aug 3, 21:21    Re: Gatherings & Competitions The Half Elf
  6. Aug 3, 22:13     Re: Gatherings & Competitions NKD
  7. Aug 3, 23:21      Re: Gatherings & Competitions RailWizard
  8. Aug 3, 23:39       Re: Gatherings & Competitions PHJF
  10. Aug 3, 23:49       Re: Gatherings & Competitions NKD
>> 11. Aug 4, 01:31        Re: Gatherings & Competitions RailWizard