Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rise of the Triad Revival Announced

Apogee Software kicks off QuakeCon by announcing a Rise of the Triad "rebirth," marking an unexpected first-person shooter revival from an unexpectedly still-extant publisher. Word is the game is in development at Danish developer Interceptor Entertainment using the Unreal Engine 3 and Steamworks, and it will feature a single-player campaign as well as full multiplayer support. They offer a reveal trailer (NSFW), announce the launch of the game's website (it's currently producing "403 Forbidden" errors, but that should be sorted soon), and that they will be showing the game off at QuakeCon. Here's word:

Today at QuakeCon, Apogee Software and Interceptor Entertainment announced the rebirth of the cult-classic first-person shooter, “Rise of the Triad” - vowing to make it bigger, better and more ludicrous than ever before. Powered by the industry-leading Unreal Engine 3 from Epic Games, “Rise of the Triad” includes a full single-player campaign, a fully featured multiplayer experience and so much more.

The first trailer for the upcoming title can be seen at Machinima.

“We were seeking a strong, independent, hard-working development partner to herald the eagerly-anticipated return of ‘Rise of the Triad’,” said Terry Nagy, co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of Apogee. “We have indeed found that partner in Interceptor Entertainment.”

"Apogee has given us a great opportunity with Rise of the Triad," said Interceptor CEO Frederik Schreiber. "We are all about fast-paced action and this was simply a perfect match for us as fans of old school shooters."

Set for release on PC via Steam late this year, “Rise of the Triad” is packed with features that are sure to melt your face off:

• Step into the shoes of the H.U.N.T. (High-Risk United Nations Taskforce) with five unique characters, each with different play styles.
  • Blast through over 20 of levels of explosive single-player action.
  • Unique multiplayer maps bring back all the fun and excitement of classic ROTT.
  • The full arsenal of over-the top weapons is back, including the Flamewall, Firebomb, Split Missile, Drunk Missile and, of course, the Excalibat!
  • The maniacal modes return, too, with God mode, Elasto mode, Mercury mode, Shrooms mode and everyone's favorite, Dog mode!
  • Build your own levels, mods and share them with Valve's Steamworks.
  • Offline single-player and multiplayer allows for instant action.
  • Find tons of secrets, collectables, special events and hidden areas to explore.
  • Get more than 100 achievements to add to your score, which is tracked on our worldwide leaderboard and stat-tracking system.
  • ROTT is bloodier and more ludicrous than ever, with full character and enemy dismemberment.
  • The iconic original soundtrack has been completely re-forged in the fires of heavy metal!
  • Nostalgia abounds with the option to play with all the original sounds and music.
  • Built on fully-licensed Unreal Engine 3 technology, ROTT will run on low-end PCs and push high-end PCs to their limits!

For more info, visit RiseoftheTriad.net. Follow Rise of the Triad on Twitter and Facebook, and use hashtag #ROTT to talk about it!

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 4, 2012, 04:25 KilrathiAce

Overon wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 17:24:
Panickd wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 17:21:
Wow. It must be the age of everyone dusting off their moldy IPs to see what money they can squeeze out of them.
Also known as the "Era of Sequels and Prequels."

this holds for movies nowdays too.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Did you guys like ROTT? Aug 3, 2012, 09:10 Ant

I didn't like it much. I preferred DOOM, Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem 3D, etc. back during those days! Couple of my college buddies loved ROTT more than those games.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

46. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 3, 2012, 08:57 nin

beigemore wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 04:11:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 17:55:

It would confuse the hell out of kids if they saw sprites on their screen today.

"Stop looking at me!"

Trying to circle strafe it would blow their minds...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

45. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 3, 2012, 07:26 netnerd85

Thank you, I now have a hard on for FPS games again!  

44. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 3, 2012, 06:37 pagb

pagb wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 04:27:
Enough with shitty revivals... WE NEED SOME BLOOD!
Holy shit! Jace Hall heard me! Blood revamp is coming!
http://www.the-postmortem.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1889

43. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 3, 2012, 05:08 killer_roach

Carcifier wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 19:40:
And don't worry about Shadow Warrior. You can bet your ass you're going to see that sucker again. That's their ace in the hole. They're going to make sure they have the right developer for that one. Maybe when Romero decides to get back in to the PC FPS market.

All somebody has to do is convince Romero that PC gaming is the next big thing again. He's the ADHD-addled child of the gaming community, always chasing after the latest shiny object.

42. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 3, 2012, 04:27 pagb

Enough with shitty revivals... WE NEED SOME BLOOD!  

41. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 3, 2012, 04:11 beigemore

DangerDog wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 17:55:

It would confuse the hell out of kids if they saw sprites on their screen today.

"Stop looking at me!"

40. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 3, 2012, 02:48 jdreyer

No Hand of God, so it's a no buy. Veryangry

However, the greatest part of RotT was the over the top weapons like the flame wall, drunk missile, and of course, excalibat. If they can capture that crazy over the top feeling, then it will probably be a success.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

39. Shadow Warrior Aug 3, 2012, 01:40 Ant

Jerykk wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 23:42:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1k8oHxM_6Y

Chicken po-po-po!
We need a new Shadow Warrior game.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

38. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 23:42 Jerykk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1k8oHxM_6Y

Chicken po-po-po!

37. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 23:24 zombiefan

Heya bay-bee, you wash wang or want to watch Wang wash wang?  

36. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 22:07 Prez

I just recently played the GoG version and found myself thinking it was high time for a remake. True, the trailer doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence, but it's early yet.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

35. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 22:00 Mr. Tact

rist3903 wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 18:59:
H-R.U.N.T?

"Michael Hunt, has anybody seen Mike Hunt."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2012, 22:31.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

34. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 20:52 Kedyn

I took a look at it at Quakecon, but didn't play it. It looks very vanilla, but I did get a kick out of the fact that the map they were using was one of the old ones from the original ROTT.

If I go back tomorrow, I'll give it a shot and let you all know how it is.

33. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 20:35 SM0k3

I thought Apogee was defunct subdivision of 3D Realms? eh either way I will definitely welcome the remake -- the MP was a blast to play on TEN.net

PHJF wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 17:38:
Now all we need is a new Shadow Warrior and the cycle will be complete!

"You no mess with the Lo Wang!"

32. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 20:32 MajorD

The Pyro wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 20:15:
Using the UE3 engine? And announced at QuakeCon? That must be a bit embarrassing for id.

...but, but....they idTech 5 and RAGE!

31. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 20:15 The Pyro

Using the UE3 engine? And announced at QuakeCon? That must be a bit embarrassing for id.  

30. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 19:44 CannibalBob

I remember discovering holding "attack" with the Excalibat would cause it to charge up and launch a bunch of green baseballs. It was the greatest thing in the world!  

"If you like it, they will stop making it" - Herblock's Law

29. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 19:42 LemonJoose

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 18:56:
I enjoyed the original. However, this trailer looks terrible - even considering that it's a budget title.

Agreed 100%. It looks really bad.

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo