Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta

Closed beta testing is set to begin today for Painkiller: Hell & Damnation, Farm 51's upcoming horror-themed first-person shooter sequel. The forums have word they will be conducting "blitz" beta key giveaways in the forums and on the game's Facebook Page, where word is: "for all those who were not able to obtain a key, we will have more news coming up in this regard, so don't worry..." Here are some new screenshots, and here's word:

"Painkiller Hell & Damnation" is ready to hit the Beta phase, with hell due to be unleashed today.

Beta testers will have the opportunity to be among the first to trial the ultimate horror FPS with a limited-access closed beta. Registration is open at www.painkillergame.com, and the lucky ones might grab a key. The beta will run until the release, and will allow testers the exclusive chance to preview the game and give their much-valued feedback.

“We are very excited to open the Beta for selected users and are looking forward to the feedback sessions in our forum,” says Reinhard Pollice, Business and Product Development, Nordic Games. “The feedback from fans that played the original Painkiller is extremely important to us. It will give us a chance to interact with the community, as well as offering them exclusivity of being the first to play the game.”

The eagerly anticipated Hell & Damnation installment is powered by Unreal Engine 3 and continues the hardcore fast gameplay of the original "Painkiller". Players will be able to battle it out in the beta within 5 modes, including Single Player, Network Co-op, Deatchmatch and Team Deathmatch. It also features a Feedback button that links through to the Beta Forum so players can give direct feedback.

Beta keys will be available via media partners, Facebook and the Painkiller forums in the next couple of weeks. "Painkiller" encompasses everything that you’d want from an FPS. The gameplay is fast-paced and deadly, along with astonishing boss fights that requires the player to be tactical in order to destroy enemies.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta Aug 3, 2012, 22:29 Fantaz

Who's publishing this now since the company Dreamcatcher Games closed a year or two a go?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta Aug 2, 2012, 23:03 entr0py

Apparently it's not a sequel, it's a remake with some changes. It couldn't be worse than the cash-ins that dreamcatcher has released over the last few years, but that's about the lowest bar imaginable.

http://worthplaying.com/event/E3_2012/PostE3_2012/86392/

8. Re: Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta Aug 2, 2012, 17:33 Cutter

Why do they have to curse so much?! Why can't they say Heck and Darnation! Darn-diddily-arn-it!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta Aug 2, 2012, 17:11 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 16:10:
Obligatory fact: Painkiller Black is amazing. All the others are terrible.
I don't know about this new one, but the odds are against them.
Yup. Painkiller Black Edition (Painkiller with first addon) is still one of my favourite shooters. I play it once a year just to be reminded of the suckiness of most modern SP action games. Every PK game after "Battle out of hell" was just terrible, horrible crap. To be avoided at all costs.

This being obviously a remake of the original PK game, now with UE3 instead of the old engine ... might be at least somewhat enjoyable.

6. Re: Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta Aug 2, 2012, 16:10 ItBurn

Obligatory fact: Painkiller Black is amazing. All the others are terrible.
I don't know about this new one, but the odds are against them.

5. Re: Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta Aug 2, 2012, 14:28 jdreyer

Hmm, it's not F2P with always on DRM? I might have to check it out...  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta Aug 2, 2012, 14:20 Cram

a UE3 remake of the original game....

I may have to keep my eyes on this one, unlike the last few attempts like Redemption.

3. Re: Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta Aug 2, 2012, 13:22 MajorD

It looks like one of those top-down chaotic hack-n-slash games made into a first person shooter.

2. Re: Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta Aug 2, 2012, 12:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Painkiller and the few addons it had were actually pretty fun. It's also usually on sale on gog.com or gamersgate or steam or whatever for like 5 dollars or less, well worth it, just for the stake gun.

It is showing it's age though now, of course.

It was never anything spectacular, just a standard, old Doom style shooter with tons of enemies and not much realism at all. Just the way shooters should be.

1. Re: Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta Aug 2, 2012, 12:07 Axis

I remember when PK got the quake community all excited. Then I don't remember much about painkiller...  

Yours truly,

Axis

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo