Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content

The Ubisoft Forums announce plans for a patch for the PC edition of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier to update the shooter sequel to version 1.4 (thanks Charliebrownau). Word is the update will come down on August 13th, and will add new content as well as fixes, and that they are also working on adding Windows XP support further down the road:

Title Update 1.4

The next Title Update will be available on August 13th and features the following:

• Compatibility, performance, stability, graphics improvements and more - taking your feedback directly into account;
  • Improved FPS on all configurations;
  • Fixes for several stability issues during map loading;
  • God-Rays no longer disappear;
  • Fixed some localization issues;
  • Fixed some issues causing the display of hint icons from X360 controller when disconnected.

We greatly appreciate your patience and we want to reassure you that we will do whatever it takes to resolve further issues in as efficient a manner as possible.

Exclusive content

• Ghost Recon Future Soldier PC players will benefit from free exclusive content:
  • 2 exclusive developer weapon skins will be added to the game with the 1.4 Title Update;
  • In about one month, a second Title Update will be released with further improvements. This Title Update will also feature additional free bonus content including:
  • A special hardcore mode for the campaign;
  • Night variants of two adversarial maps;
  • The full original soundtrack of the game along with new desktop wallpapers and artwork will be delivered in the next few days through the Uplay client and will be available until August 13th: get ready to grab it while it lasts!

We would also like to take the opportunity to confirm that support for Windows XP is in progress, with the exact release date to be announced soon.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content Aug 3, 2012, 10:07 SpectralMeat

netnerd85 wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 07:53:
How about a demo?
I don't remember seeing too many demos for Ubisoft games, so don't hold your breath.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content Aug 3, 2012, 07:53 netnerd85

How about a demo?  

10. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content Aug 3, 2012, 00:51 Jerykk

Seeing yourself on the screen is for bigscreen TVs aka consoles, not monitors. Please indicate a situation in real life where a soldier couldn't see an enemy because their own body blocked the guy in front of them!

That's a pretty retarded opinion. Max Payne 1 & 2 were designed for PC. Heavy Metal: FAKK2 was designed for PC. Oni was designed for PC. Heretic 2 was designed for PC. MDK was designed for PC. Messiah was designed for PC. Giants was designed for PC.

There are plenty of PC-centric third-person shooters. Camera perspective has nothing to do with platform. Do I think it's the optimal perspective for shooters? No, but that has nothing to do with consoles.

9. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content Aug 2, 2012, 18:31 J

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 15:06:
I wonder if the game sold well on PC meriting this support or if Ubi just has a new supervisor with a PC hard-on. Good to see in any case.

Also lol @ "if it's not a hardcore sim it's a bad game."
That's not how quotation marks work

8. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content Aug 2, 2012, 17:23 Aero

Buggy crap, but hopefully the patch will fix that.

It's actually not so bad when it works. I like it better than all the GR games aside from the first one, though that isn't saying a whole lot.

7. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content Aug 2, 2012, 15:06 StingingVelvet

I wonder if the game sold well on PC meriting this support or if Ubi just has a new supervisor with a PC hard-on. Good to see in any case.

Also lol @ "if it's not a hardcore sim it's a bad game."

6. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content Aug 2, 2012, 14:00 Jedi Master

Third person only = GR fail.

GR was an FPS. It was not a "TPS". Seeing yourself on the screen is for bigscreen TVs aka consoles, not monitors. Please indicate a situation in real life where a soldier couldn't see an enemy because their own body blocked the guy in front of them!

I can forgive GRAW 1 and 2 for some of their failings to an extent because at least they were still FPS.

Many don't recall there was a console-only GR2 between GR1's last expansion and GRAW1...it was also 3rd person only.

Unless you're jumping platforms, sneaking into air ducts Sam Fisher-style, doing hand-to-hand or melee combat, or casting spells, you don't get a thing from being in 3rd person in a shooter compared to what you lose from being in 1st.

Ubi was too lazy to bother making the PC version an FPS, so I'm too lazy to buy their stupid game. Call me when GR is a FPS again, Ubi.

5. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content Aug 2, 2012, 13:47 SpectralMeat

I did like the previous Ghost Recon games (Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2) I thought they were entertaining. This one however doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I did see a bunch of gameplay vids and I've heard some friends talking about it, but still mehh. Maybe when it hits the clearance bin for $5 or something.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content Aug 2, 2012, 13:07 Techie714 ©

Darks wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 11:41:
Techie714 © wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 10:57:
Ghost Recon is dead to me.....

Iíll bet you havenít even played it have you?

Iíve been playing this game Coop with a friend of mine and itís a really good game. The action is over the top. The story is actually pretty good to.

Donít mind people saying they donít like a game, but to complain before even trying it is non-sense.

Really, hmm...So how are the ballistics? Does it have that awesome "self healing mechanic"....Do the sniper rifles have bullet drop? How does the locational damage work? Is it a lot like the original GR? Yea, that's what I thought, the game has ZERO realism & pretty much is an arcade shooter...No thanks.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content Aug 2, 2012, 11:48 xornand

This game is awful. It's something made for 10 year olds. It's even more childish than COD.

Why don't they just let this game die?

2. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content Aug 2, 2012, 11:41 Darks

Techie714 © wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 10:57:

Iíll bet you havenít even played it have you?

Iíve been playing this game Coop with a friend of mine and itís a really good game. The action is over the top. The story is actually pretty good to.

Donít mind people saying they donít like a game, but to complain before even trying it is non-sense.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

1. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Patch/Content Aug 2, 2012, 10:57 Techie714 ©

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >