Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 2, 2012, 19:01 Prez

Kitkoan wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 18:55:
Prez wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 12:47:
Until I can play the majority of modern games on it to me it isn't even a 4th string OS...

To play Devils advocate, by this definition all OS'S are not even 4th string since the majority of modern games are on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Haha - you got me there. You think I would have learned by now to be specific when making a point on the internet lest I be taken out of context.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 2, 2012, 18:55 Kitkoan

Until I can play the majority of modern games on it to me it isn't even a 4th string OS...

To play Devils advocate, by this definition all OS'S are not even 4th string since the majority of modern games are on Xbox 360 and PS3.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 2, 2012, 18:46 Steele Johnson

I would love to see Linux replace Windows as a high-end gaming platform. But that's not going to happen any time soon. So yeah, it's even worse than second string. It doesn't even belong on my desk.  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 2, 2012, 17:24 Panickd

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

There is more to computing than gaming, but point taken. Majority is a bit harsh since the majority of modern games that publishers even decide to port to the PC suck balls, but in principle I agree.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 2, 2012, 14:51 Nucas

i've only ever met one person who used linux in my day to day work, and he got into an argument with me about the wonders of dvorak keyboards and stormed off when i started talking about how there was no conclusive proof about their supposed superiority, or how it didn't even make intuitive sense for one string of letters to be more "learnable" then another..

i think that has since colored my views of linux.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 2, 2012, 12:47 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo