Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA Viral Marketing

An Epsilon Program Twitter Feed has sprung up, espousing the tenets of this fictitious religion from the Grand Theft Auto series. As noted on Kotaku, the Epsilon Program Website linked in the header is registered to Rockstar Games, so some viral marketing for the GTA series is beginning. From the website: "The world is 157 years old - FACT!" Thanks nin.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: GTA Viral Marketing Aug 2, 2012, 22:55 Mordecai Walfish

Anonymous wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 09:25:
Maybe this time their PC port won't fucking require the textures to be stored in the video card's memory. I disabled that shit and set it on full and, despite the shitty performance pre-Nvidia patch, it ran exactly the fucking same with full detail.

Fucking schmucks.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the graphics options only allowing you to use up to a certain % of your video card's memory, instead of using 1200mb worth of textures on a 512 mb card it restricted you. The command line argument disables that but if you want your shitty performance to look as good as possible I guess that was the only way at the time.

Most games try to dissuade you from cramming 1 gig of textures into 768 or 512 mb of graphics memory.. it's not a bad thing.

That being said I'm really glad I was a late adopter of GTA4 on pc because I heard a lot about the "out of the gate" performance.. or lack thereof.

InBlack wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 09:59:
Dev wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 23:57:
And as usual, it will be consoles first, or only, and PCs to follow a year later if we are lucky. And never if we aren't.

My bet is on never.

I hope you're not a betting man, because this is total FUD.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: GTA Viral Marketing Aug 2, 2012, 12:33 Jerykk

Anonymous wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 09:25:
Maybe this time their PC port won't fucking require the textures to be stored in the video card's memory. I disabled that shit and set it on full and, despite the shitty performance pre-Nvidia patch, it ran exactly the fucking same with full detail.

Fucking schmucks.

Uh, textures are always stored in video memory.

9. Re: GTA Viral Marketing Aug 2, 2012, 09:59 InBlack

Dev wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 23:57:
And as usual, it will be consoles first, or only, and PCs to follow a year later if we are lucky. And never if we aren't.

My bet is on never.

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: GTA Viral Marketing Aug 2, 2012, 09:25 Lit_Reflex001

Fucking schmucks.

7. Re: GTA Viral Marketing Aug 2, 2012, 05:05 Steelcamp

I think I will join this religion due to it high morals...  
-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...

6. Re: GTA Viral Marketing Aug 2, 2012, 03:30 NKD

Cutter wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 01:54:
Fictitious religion? Huh, and here I was thinking all religions are based on fiction.

A fictitious fictitious religion? We have to go deeper.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

5. Re: GTA Viral Marketing Aug 2, 2012, 02:28 Rigs

~ZING!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

4. Re: GTA Viral Marketing Aug 2, 2012, 01:54 Cutter

Fictitious religion? Huh, and here I was thinking all religions are based on fiction.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

3. Re: GTA Viral Marketing Aug 2, 2012, 00:18 Kosumo

At last, something I can relate to in a computer game.

"At first, I was nervous about giving up my identity and sleeping with all of those men, but I really enjoy it now."
- Mary Fortune, Liberty City

They are saying what I think she would say!

I love you Mary Fortune!

2. Re: GTA Viral Marketing Aug 1, 2012, 23:57 Dev

1. Re: GTA Viral Marketing Aug 1, 2012, 21:57 nin

Gimmie! I'm guessing spring, at this point...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo