Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches

IO Interactive announces the launch of a Windows PC edition of Hitman: Sniper Challenge, the "exclusive standalone pre-order sniper experience" previously only available to those who preordered the console editions of Hitman: Absolution, the upcoming stealth/action sequel. Those with preorder codes can redeem them at the Hitman: Sniper Challenge Website, which also offers leaderboards for bragging rights. "IO is fully committed to delivering a PC version of Hitman: Absolution that lives up to the high standards of our PC community," said Jon Brooke, Brand Director of the Hitman Franchise. "Hitman: Sniper Challenge will give them a first taste of what’s to come." They also announce plans to showcase the PC edition of the game in a couple of weeks at Gamescom 2012 in Cologne Germany.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches Aug 3, 2012, 03:17 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 23:14:
You didn't have to use the cover system. I just unbound the key. Radar, unfortunately, could not be turned off. I wouldn't call the stealth super easy, though. Try ghosting your way through the game. That means no killing or incapacitating anyone.

I did a pacifist playthrough but I knocked people out. There are many areas where I imagine it would be very hard without every knocking anyone out... maybe I will give it a try.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches Aug 2, 2012, 03:35 NKD

Jerykk wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 23:14:
IO's ports have always been solid. I'm not sure at which point the lead SKU for Hitman became consoles, but I've never had issues with any of the games.

Yeah Hitman has been cross-platform since the second game in 2002, and it's never had a bad port. And the gameplay itself isn't console-unfriendly to begin with so there isn't really much that needs to be done on that front to make it digestable to the console players.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

8. Re: PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches Aug 1, 2012, 23:14 Jerykk

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 13:38:
J wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 12:36:
To me it's looking, in a way, how Deus Ex HR should have been. The radar in DX:HR ruined the balance in my opinion. It would play so much better if it were optional. When I get Hitman I'll be whacking up the difficulty to max and getting stuck in.

Yeah, Deus Ex HR was a cake-walk even on the hardest difficulty setting, mostly because the radar and the third-person cover system made stealth super, super easy. Wish that game was more moddable, I am sure someone would have removed those things.

You didn't have to use the cover system. I just unbound the key. Radar, unfortunately, could not be turned off. I wouldn't call the stealth super easy, though. Try ghosting your way through the game. That means no killing or incapacitating anyone.

Closed Betas wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 18:51:
"PC version of Hitman: Absolution that lives up to the high standards of our PC community"

Did chuckle at this quote, guy thinks we are idiots to believe such nonsense, porting a console game over and its going to be the high standards of the PC... seriously someone slap this guy for me.

IO's ports have always been solid. I'm not sure at which point the lead SKU for Hitman became consoles, but I've never had issues with any of the games.

7. Re: PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches Aug 1, 2012, 18:51 Closed Betas

"PC version of Hitman: Absolution that lives up to the high standards of our PC community"

Did chuckle at this quote, guy thinks we are idiots to believe such nonsense, porting a console game over and its going to be the high standards of the PC... seriously someone slap this guy for me.

6. Re: PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches Aug 1, 2012, 17:41 SM0k3

I haven't been very optimistic about this game until I came across the E3 playthrough -- it honestly didn't look bad at all, seems like they're sticking to the roots of what made the hitman series good. I like the fact that you can turn off all the helping features of the game if you want a 'hardcore' experience.

One thing I have been wishing for since the first hitman game is haing the ability to make custom hit missions, or for IO to release mod tools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcJhijTI1Ps

5. Re: PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches Aug 1, 2012, 17:19 Cutter

Hitman Derpsolution.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches Aug 1, 2012, 16:52 Yakubs

The "high standards" of the PC community? You mean the same exact standards that your console community has? As in, a user interface that's actually made for the platform? What a joker.  

3. Re: PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches Aug 1, 2012, 13:38 StingingVelvet

J wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 12:36:
To me it's looking, in a way, how Deus Ex HR should have been. The radar in DX:HR ruined the balance in my opinion. It would play so much better if it were optional. When I get Hitman I'll be whacking up the difficulty to max and getting stuck in.

Yeah, Deus Ex HR was a cake-walk even on the hardest difficulty setting, mostly because the radar and the third-person cover system made stealth super, super easy. Wish that game was more moddable, I am sure someone would have removed those things.

2. Re: PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches Aug 1, 2012, 12:36 J

Watching the last Hitman video (not sure if it came up on Blues News or not) on YouTube gave me a chance to watch how the point system and his "spidey sense" power works. I think it's going to work out okay. Time will tell. I'll probably pre-order it though.

1. Re: PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches Aug 1, 2012, 11:48 Techie714 ©

I'm actually looking forward to the new Hitman, it looks really good. Might be a little less stealth than previous ones, but looks to be solid like Deus Ex was.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo