Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Tanks Patches

The European World of Tanks Website has word that a new version 7.5 update is now live in Wargaming.net's MMOTPS, while the corresponding North American website announces the game will be offline for about six hours tomorrow for this update. European users jealous of this can take comfort that they have some Clan Wars downtime today for maintenance. These release notes outline what's up with the new version.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 2, 2012, 10:53 bhcompy

InBlack wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 10:01:
People whining about how they face higher tiered tanks, instead of doing their fucking 'job' in the particular match is a big reason why the random battles suck as hard as they do...

Depends. When you're in a BDR against tier 7 and tier 8 tanks it doesn't matter what role you think you might have. You're fat, slow, and you can't penetrate shit. Yea, if you're in an A-20 you can scout, but that's not always the case. Really, this is a huge problem with most of the french heavy tree once you get past tier 2 and until you get to the AMX50(the ARL is great for medium tank companies, that's about it)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 2, 2012, 10:01 InBlack

People whining about how they face higher tiered tanks, instead of doing their fucking 'job' in the particular match is a big reason why the random battles suck as hard as they do...  

I have a nifty blue line!

14. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 21:18 Dirwulf

Tumbler wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 18:58:
The match balancing in this is completely bonkers. I am tier 4 and am regularly put against tier 7's ... with about as much chances getting a kill. Yes, its a team war, sadly if 60% of the team is tier 7 and I am tier 4 this matters nothing.

That info screen in the beginning does a fairly good job of warning you what is coming. If you're at the top, you're likely going to have a good time, if you're at the bottom then you should make sure you play very defensive.

I didn't realize how important looking at that grid was for a long time. 4 tier battles (tier 4,5,6,7) are not very fun when you're tier 4. The best thing you can do is prepare yourself to be totally out gunned and plan accordingly. Other matches you'll find yourself in the middle in a 2 tier match, (4 and 5) and it's so nice when they stick you at the top, that means you're in the best tank. (however that is rated)

Basically ignore all the experience you've had when you're shown at the bottom. Your job is to dig a hole and survive. You stay back an guard artillery, you hide behind tank destroyers, you pray you spot enemies who are fighting other tanks so you can shoot them without being blown to bits the moment you're seen.

Usually scout type tanks are at the bottom of the list. If I'm at the bottom, I sacrifice myself for the team by rushing and uncovering enemy tanks and running circles around the slow tanks, so arty can take them out.

Allegedly matchmaking has been fixed in this next patch, so this may all be moot anyway.

13. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 21:14 Dirwulf

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 17:00:
The match balancing in this is completely bonkers. I am tier 4 and am regularly put against tier 7's ... with about as much chances getting a kill. Yes, its a team war, sadly if 60% of the team is tier 7 and I am tier 4 this matters nothing.

Allegedly this has been fixed. We shall find out tomorrow.

12. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 20:25 Lokust

I have over 4 months of premium time left for this but I just can't get motivated to log in after getting access to the place of founders for that other armor combat game....  

11. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 18:58 Tumbler

That info screen in the beginning does a fairly good job of warning you what is coming. If you're at the top, you're likely going to have a good time, if you're at the bottom then you should make sure you play very defensive.

I didn't realize how important looking at that grid was for a long time. 4 tier battles (tier 4,5,6,7) are not very fun when you're tier 4. The best thing you can do is prepare yourself to be totally out gunned and plan accordingly. Other matches you'll find yourself in the middle in a 2 tier match, (4 and 5) and it's so nice when they stick you at the top, that means you're in the best tank. (however that is rated)

Basically ignore all the experience you've had when you're shown at the bottom. Your job is to dig a hole and survive. You stay back an guard artillery, you hide behind tank destroyers, you pray you spot enemies who are fighting other tanks so you can shoot them without being blown to bits the moment you're seen.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

10. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 17:00 eRe4s3r

9. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 15:42 bhcompy

Tavillion wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 15:32:
InBlack wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 13:45:
Really? Dont I look the fool now. Are they any good?

They're interesting to say the least. Encounter can be fun, but there are some balance issues on a couple of maps. Assault needs some serious work but is also a good idea.

Encounter is basically King of the Hill. One flag, both teams fight over it. Assault is a Storm the Castle type mode with one team defending, the other attacking. The issue is that a couple of Encounter maps favor one side (El Halluf having a fairly strong south spawn bias) and Assault almost always favors the defenders to the point where defense wins... rather frequently. I'm of the opinion that Assault either needs to be tweaked to make it easier for attackers in random matches, or it needs to be limited to Clan Wars because the simple fact is a team needs to be relatively coordinated to actually succeed in breaking the defenders, or the defenders have to be stupid and basically forget to defend. Most of the time, at least.

Overall I'd say they're good additions and are providing some welcome variety.

The worst part of Assault is that the matchmaker doesn't differentiate that much between sticking the defending team full of mediums and the assaulting team full of heavies. Kind of sucks when you're trying to hold a line against a ton of IS3s, E75s, and T95s while your team has a bunch of E50s, BatChats, and T54s holding the front line.

8. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 15:32 Tavillion

They're interesting to say the least. Encounter can be fun, but there are some balance issues on a couple of maps. Assault needs some serious work but is also a good idea.

Encounter is basically King of the Hill. One flag, both teams fight over it. Assault is a Storm the Castle type mode with one team defending, the other attacking. The issue is that a couple of Encounter maps favor one side (El Halluf having a fairly strong south spawn bias) and Assault almost always favors the defenders to the point where defense wins... rather frequently. I'm of the opinion that Assault either needs to be tweaked to make it easier for attackers in random matches, or it needs to be limited to Clan Wars because the simple fact is a team needs to be relatively coordinated to actually succeed in breaking the defenders, or the defenders have to be stupid and basically forget to defend. Most of the time, at least.

Overall I'd say they're good additions and are providing some welcome variety.

7. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 15:31 bhcompy

They're interesting. You cannot choose to play them. You queue up and it picks randomly. The modes are not bad, they force different styles of play, but sometimes people still just rambo regardless.

Personally, I just want CTF.

6. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 13:45 InBlack

5. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 13:42 Tavillion

Assault and Encounter were added in 7.4.  

4. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 12:32 rkone

You mean you're waiting for more game modes above the ones they added in the previous patch?  

3. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 12:30 InBlack

Just googled the patch notes, still no new game modes = fail.

Im not coming back to the game until they add that shit, killing noobs in my IS7 is only satisfying up to a point...

2. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 12:05 deqer

So, you finished your homework and releasing it as a patch. Cool...

1. Re: World of Tanks Patches Aug 1, 2012, 11:39 Dirwulf

That's a pretty large update.

"Reworked Match-Making for the majority of vehicles. Now players won't normally see vehicles of more than two tiers difference to the tier of his/her own vehicle"

Finally! Hopefully it works correctly.

And your release note link goes the the European web site, Blue. Here is the US link

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo