Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Armory Rumor

A new Wall Photo on the Diablo Facebook Page is being taken as a clue that the promised Armory update for Diablo III nears, as it is captioned "Coming soon to www.Diablo3.com." Diablo N has a discussion of the Easter egg this is said to contain. Thanks VG247.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 2, 2012, 18:33 Glykon

Game is dead already and it deserves to be. I cant even say RIP... f**k Jay Wilson !  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 2, 2012, 11:15 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 17:07:
Bet wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 16:08:
Creston wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 12:49:
There are still people that don't have Krovven on ignore? Amazing.
Am on I on your ignore list too? :/

Reason I ask is because I tend to defend things passionately like him, and that makes me wonder how many enemies I've made that have set me to ignore. Instead of just ignoring me the old-fashioned way by rolling their eyes and thinking I'm a moron while moving on.

There's a difference between passionately defending something, and being Krovven. And I'll leave it at that.

Creston

eh, you guys aren't helping and you look worse by posting garbage like this.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

27. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 2, 2012, 07:37 Mr. Tact

You know, I haven't said this in a D3 string in a while now, so it must be about time to say it again...

I'd really LOVE to know how much money Blizzard is pulling in from the RMAH, including all the fees to transfer money into and out of the personal accounts.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

26. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 2, 2012, 04:26 Theo

kinda quit playing after inferno bored the pants off me, they need to hurry up and deliver PvP, i dont care about anything else now. (bad view point i know).

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

25. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 2, 2012, 00:29 Kosumo

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 12:13:
In before Krowen calls everyone including Blue a troll for just posting a story on Diablo 3.

Creston

What a totally cool comment - Blue should add a voting so we can all vote this up Thumbsup

RollinThundr and Creston, will you have our superbaby?

24. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 17:07 Creston

Bet wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 16:08:

Reason I ask is because I tend to defend things passionately like him, and that makes me wonder how many enemies I've made that have set me to ignore. Instead of just ignoring me the old-fashioned way by rolling their eyes and thinking I'm a moron while moving on.

There's a difference between passionately defending something, and being Krovven. And I'll leave it at that.

Creston

23. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 16:08 Bet

22. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 16:08 Bet

Bucky wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 11:23:
Given how long they'd been working on Diablo 3, in one form or another, it's surprising that so many elements feel missing from the game. Lackluster legendaries, sets that are impossible to find
Thinking that's still auction-house real-money profit driven, myself...

21. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 15:16 Draugr

eunichron wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 15:07:
However, what I don't get, are the people that criticize D3 for being too bright and cartoony, while at the same time lauding TL2 which is orders of magnitude more bright and cartoony than D3.

I'm really hoping the Grim Dawn guys can show something off soon, they've been worryingly quiet since the Kickstarter.

My guess (and speaking for myself.) is the reason behind that is because TL2 isn't the sequel to Diablo 2, it's the sequel to Torchlight, and follows the same artistic style.

The complaint isn't 'All ARPG's need to be dark, gritty, gothic, etc.' (or however one chooses to describe it) the complaint was diablo 3 didn't fit artistically with the past Diablo games. I'm sure if there was a large deviation in style from the first torchlight we'd be hearing about it from at least some people.

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 2012, 15:22.

20. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 15:13 Verno

Man I wish that was my only complaint with the game. I was doing up a list the other day for a forum post and it ballooned into so much stuff that I just gave up when I realized they likely can't pull it off. They just missed the mark on so many things it kind of boggles the mind how it occurred with the length of time they had. I used to think ok well that sucks but Blizzard is great at post-release stuff so they can fix this later. I'm not sure they will be able to do that without an expansion pack at the minimum though. Heck, WoW itself has slipped to 6 month content patches and that game has a monthly subscription. I just don't see them giving this game that same level of treatment even with the RMAH. Diablo 2 had some large patches but the big one came nearly 8 years after it shipped.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

19. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 15:07 eunichron

Flatline wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 14:47:
Given how long they'd been working on Diablo 3, in one form or another, it's surprising that so many elements feel missing from the game. Lackluster legendaries, sets that are impossible to find, map randomization that barely exists, and the painful writing. I remember a quote from someone at Blizzard that said no one would remember if the game was late if it was great, but the truth is in another six months I don't think anyone will remember the game at all.

Is it surprising?

Blizzard canned the original iteration of Diablo 3 apparently back in 2005 after the original Blizzard North team more or less left after getting pissed at Vivendi, which means it still was a 7 year cluserfuck of apparently no time constraints nor budget constraints. Which you'd think that would lead to the perfect game right? But without any pressure on the devs, you need self-discipline to make up for real world pressures.

Anyway, if you want to see what Diablo 3 would have looked like had it gotten released in 2005, there's an interesting forbes article:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/05/28/the-diablo-iii-that-never-was/

It feels like a game that was pieced together out of what was supposed to be a grander game.

Other than the story, that is really the only complaint I have with the game; the artistic direction. Not that its current iteration is bad by any means, it's just too much of a deviation from D1/D2. It certainly has its dark areas, but as the article said, it's missing that gothic feel that was present in the first two.

However, what I don't get, are the people that criticize D3 for being too bright and cartoony, while at the same time lauding TL2 which is orders of magnitude more bright and cartoony than D3.

I'm really hoping the Grim Dawn guys can show something off soon, they've been worryingly quiet since the Kickstarter.

18. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 14:57 nin

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 14:52:
Saboth wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 13:47:
"STFU newb, I know what I'm talking about. 3456 DPS, +8342 hit. CHECK MY ARMORY: www.diablo3sucks.com

This is my sword. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sword is useless. Without my sword, I am useless....

Immediately followed by "oh, shit, I just got a better one off the AH."

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

17. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 14:52 NegaDeath

Saboth wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 13:47:
"STFU newb, I know what I'm talking about. 3456 DPS, +8342 hit. CHECK MY ARMORY: www.diablo3sucks.com

This is my sword. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sword is useless. Without my sword, I am useless....

16. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 14:47 Flatline

Given how long they'd been working on Diablo 3, in one form or another, it's surprising that so many elements feel missing from the game. Lackluster legendaries, sets that are impossible to find, map randomization that barely exists, and the painful writing. I remember a quote from someone at Blizzard that said no one would remember if the game was late if it was great, but the truth is in another six months I don't think anyone will remember the game at all.

Is it surprising?

Blizzard canned the original iteration of Diablo 3 apparently back in 2005 after the original Blizzard North team more or less left after getting pissed at Vivendi, which means it still was a 7 year cluserfuck of apparently no time constraints nor budget constraints. Which you'd think that would lead to the perfect game right? But without any pressure on the devs, you need self-discipline to make up for real world pressures.

Anyway, if you want to see what Diablo 3 would have looked like had it gotten released in 2005, there's an interesting forbes article:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/05/28/the-diablo-iii-that-never-was/

It feels like a game that was pieced together out of what was supposed to be a grander game.

15. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 13:47 Saboth

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 11:26:
I'm not sure I understand the point in having a D3 Armory...

Somewhere, in an internet forum:

14. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 13:36 deqer

Fion wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 12:59:
deqer wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 12:03:
cuz gear is so important that we need a website that tells us what everyone is wearing...

QFT

Gear in D3 is boring.

Well, even if D3 was somehow successful, I would still say what I said. I'm getting tired of these games with mechanics that require so much work/farming/whatever-you-want-to-call-it to get something so special, and getting tired of how nitpicky a game gets when we need to know what other people are wearing.

I don't know.

13. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 12:59 Fion

deqer wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 12:03:
cuz gear is so important that we need a website that tells us what everyone is wearing...

QFT

Gear in D3 is boring. Even the top end stuff has the typical stat spread with a few uninteresting bonuses. I wonder what went wrong after the fantastic job they did with loot in D2. Oh that's right.. D3 was made by an entirely different set of people. The folks who made D1 and D2 have since left Blizzard to form much better companies like ArenaNet.

12. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 12:49 Creston

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 12:13:
In before Krowen calls everyone including Blue a troll for just posting a story on Diablo 3.

Creston

11. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 12:33 InBlack

I have to add that I watched a clip of Athene on youtube for the first time yesterday. That guy is either seriously deranged or a brilliant actor of genius ability.  

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: Diablo III Armory Rumor Aug 1, 2012, 12:26 InBlack

Started playing a hardcore monk yesterday. Have to say that the game feels much better in HC, but then again its hard to say what inferno will feel like once I get there. According to a couple of RL friends that play HC the AH is more alive and there dont seem to be any noticable AH bots corrupting it so far. Hoping 1.04 is around the corner...  

I have a nifty blue line!

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo