Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I keep seeing ads for nonstick molds to make your own taco bowls from tortillas as if this was something that requires a specialized device. I always assumed you make one of these by baking a tortilla draped over a cylinder such as an empty can. Sure enough, if you Google this, you get a paid ad for those taco bowls, and a million results on how to easily make them for free with a can. Go figure.

Sticky Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Tequila Zombies 2.
Ion Swarm.
Stories: Wild West town on sale for $3.9M.
Clive's going Jurassic with DNA. Thanks Slashdot.
Science: Olympic's Don't Use Starting Pistols Because Sound Is Too Slow. Thanks Devicer.
Media: Bane's Voice Before and After.
Pissed-Off Store Owners Piss on The Local Pissers.
New Skyfall US Domestic Trailer.
The Funnies: Musical Talent Cartoon - Savage Chickens.
Follow-up: 'Arrested Development'- Michael Cera On Set From Jason Bateman (PHOTOS)

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2012, 01:43 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 02:00:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 19:36:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 17:55:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 11:59:
HOLY HELL MY FOOT HURTS LIKE HELL I THINK I MIGHT HAVE GOUT!

....or it is broken.....

I hope it's not gout. My friend has that. He had to become a vegetarian, lose 50 pounds and drink 2 liters of water a day to keep the pain away. Not that those things were bad for him...

eh. I don't have 50 pounds to lose. I had a red meat, beer, fasting, beer, weekend. Was eating late, supplemented with lots of diacritics. I then fasted again unintentionally. My uric acid in 3 days went through the roof. It was self induced. Not a big deal, not chronic, not long term.

I shold have ate more in those 3 days and I should have drank SOME water....not just the water that was in my beer and cocktails from ice.

Water is water no matter where you get it. That's where this whole myth sprang from about drinking 8 glasses a day. The Whole Foods Council said originally - and it's still gospel - that the average adult needs about 64 ounces of water per day...which is the equivalent of 8 8oz glasses of the stuff. However, most people generally get far more than that simply through the foods they eat and things they drink. And virtually everything that passes your lips - whatever form it's in - contains water. Most people generally end up over-hydrated which is why you get bloat, etc. You're far, far better off being concerned about your sodium levels than anything else. And it, more so than anything else, is probably the cause of your pain.

I didnt pee in 2 days other than from beer.
I refute your claims.
I know my body.

I require a lot of water. And when I don't get enough, my skin tells me so.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2012, 03:22 jdreyer

Cutter, you're right about that recommendation being misinterpreted. Even so, the eight cups per day from all sources is probably on the low side. You're supposed to intake a quart per 50 pounds of body weight, so if you weigh 150 pounds, that would be 12 cups from all sources including food. And you'd need more if you're consuming caffeine and alcohol.

Proper hydration will prevent problems like gout and kidney stones.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2012, 02:00 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 19:36:

....or it is broken.....

I hope it's not gout. My friend has that. He had to become a vegetarian, lose 50 pounds and drink 2 liters of water a day to keep the pain away. Not that those things were bad for him...

eh. I don't have 50 pounds to lose. I had a red meat, beer, fasting, beer, weekend. Was eating late, supplemented with lots of diacritics. I then fasted again unintentionally. My uric acid in 3 days went through the roof. It was self induced. Not a big deal, not chronic, not long term.

I shold have ate more in those 3 days and I should have drank SOME water....not just the water that was in my beer and cocktails from ice.

Water is water no matter where you get it. That's where this whole myth sprang from about drinking 8 glasses a day. The Whole Foods Council said originally - and it's still gospel - that the average adult needs about 64 ounces of water per day...which is the equivalent of 8 8oz glasses of the stuff. However, most people generally get far more than that simply through the foods they eat and things they drink. And virtually everything that passes your lips - whatever form it's in - contains water. Most people generally end up over-hydrated which is why you get bloat, etc. You're far, far better off being concerned about your sodium levels than anything else. And it, more so than anything else, is probably the cause of your pain.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2012, 19:36 xXBatmanXx

....or it is broken.....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2012, 19:00 jdreyer

PHJF wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 18:07:
He had to become a vegetarian, lose 50 pounds and drink 2 liters of water a day to keep the pain away. Not that those things were bad for him...

Are you kidding? May as well commit seppuku.

C'mon, water doesn't taste THAT bad.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2012, 18:07 PHJF

He had to become a vegetarian, lose 50 pounds and drink 2 liters of water a day to keep the pain away. Not that those things were bad for him...

Are you kidding? May as well commit seppuku.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2012, 17:55 jdreyer

....or it is broken.....

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2012, 17:40 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 17:32:

....or it is broken.....

You'r too young for gout. Unless you eat a LOT of organ meats like liver and deli type meats. Do you wear the same shoes everyday? If you do, stop it. As someone who makes a living on his feet I learned long ago that I never wear the same pair of shoes more than twice in a week. If you you're wearing the same ones daily they mold to you feet and lose their support which makes it much harder on the old feet. Wearing them once a week - maybe twice - means that won't happen and you'll have much, much happier feet. It's well worth the investment to have several pairs of work shoes for the week. I change mine daily and rarely have those problems anymore unless I'm working a double and running my ass off or something.

No I am not too young - but thanks.

It is my first bout with the gout. I know why it happened, and it is easily corrected. Just gotta get through this small bump in the road with it. Doesn't show up on xray and I don't have any inflammation, just high acid levels. Its all good. Very correctable just gotta suffer for a few days.

and by "suffer" - it hurts to walk - so I guess I will catch up on some gaming the next few days.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2012, 17:32 Cutter

....or it is broken.....

You'r too young for gout. Unless you eat a LOT of organ meats like liver and deli type meats. Do you wear the same shoes everyday? If you do, stop it. As someone who makes a living on his feet I learned long ago that I never wear the same pair of shoes more than twice in a week. If you you're wearing the same ones daily they mold to you feet and lose their support which makes it much harder on the old feet. Wearing them once a week - maybe twice - means that won't happen and you'll have much, much happier feet. It's well worth the investment to have several pairs of work shoes for the week. I change mine daily and rarely have those problems anymore unless I'm working a double and running my ass off or something.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2012, 13:49 The Half Elf

Aren't you a Medical/Police/Fireman something or other Bats? Dammit man, I'm a gamer, not a physician!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2012, 11:59 xXBatmanXx

....or it is broken.....

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2012, 11:48 PropheT

I worked at a Mexican/Southwestern restaurant when I was younger, and we made a ton of tortilla bowls every day since it was probably our most popular thing on the menu. Our special tool was the can that the refried beans came in  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2012, 11:16 Wallshadows

You can also make very neat taco bowls by flipping muffin tins which you use to bake with. You just press the center down in between the cylinders and they come out nearly perfect!

In other news, the new Digg looks like a content monster threw up all over the front page and simply looks horrendous.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2012, 11:11 nin

Arrested Development'- Michael Cera On Set From Jason Bateman (PHOTOS)

Pretty cool. I'm still surprised it's happening.

And I oddly find myself rooting for Jurassic...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo