Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked

Rockstar Games announces the Local Justice DLC for Max Payne 3 will be released on August 9th for the Windows edition of the third-person shooter sequel, and will be available for USD $2.00 off its regular $7.99 price for the first week of availability. This is followed by news about the remaining DLC explaining that the previous plan for five DLC packs has changed, and they now intend to release that content spread across three larger DLC releases. Here's the deal:

As mentioned earlier today, here's the latest update on our plans for Max Payne 3 DLC through the summer and fall. In addition to the FREE Disorganized Crime Pack coming this August, we've consolidated the content from the remaining five packs into three larger packs, with the content from the previously announced New York Minute Co-Op Pack and Trickle Down Economics Map Pack now spread across these upcoming releases. The Co-Op content originally planned for the New York Minute Pack has been integrated into the Deathmatch Made In Heaven Pack. Check out the full release schedule below:

• Disorganized Crime Pack: August [Free]
  • Hostage Negotiation Map Pack: September [800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) or $9.99 (PlayStation Network and PC)]
  • Painful Memories Map Pack: October [800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) or $9.99 (PlayStation Network and PC)]
  • Deathmatch Made In Heaven Mode Pack: October [800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) or $9.99 (PlayStation Network and PC)]

The free Disorganized Crime Pack for Max Payne 3 lets you to battle above the streets surrounding Max’s old apartment in the new Hoboken Rooftops multiplayer map. This pack also includes several new modifiers for Score Attack in Arcade Mode including Explosive Rounds where all your bullets detonate on impact, Lone Wolf AI for much more aggressive enemies and Headshots Only where the only way to kill your enemies is with a bullet in the head.

Owners of the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass still gain access to all Max Payne 3 DLC at a 35% savings over the cost of purchasing individual packs. The Rockstar Pass is available now for the one-time cost of 2400 MS Points on Xbox LIVE or $29.99 on PlayStation Network and PC.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Aug 1, 2012, 14:07 PHJF

That's what I read too and yeah, might as well skip it. There isn't much of a multiplayer population for this game and despite Rockstar's promises to clamp down on cheaters, they're still everywhere. It's very hard to play a round of Gang Wars without at least one person with a 100% kill ratio or near to it.

I jumped online and handily won all my noob games, then tried gang wars and was summarily slaughtered game after game. I don't know if the unlocks are that overpowered or what... and, seriously, the third person camera does not work well at ALL in an online twitch shooter.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Aug 1, 2012, 10:30 necrosis

Techie714 © wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 23:51:
I've read before that all DLC is multi-player map packs only. No single player content is scheduled for release.
Thanks for this info. Saved me some DLC money.

7. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Aug 1, 2012, 10:14 gobehz

Aero wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 21:36:
Um... so the Rockstar Pass, which costs $30, saves me 35% on $30 worth of DLC? That can't be right.

edit: Wait... the so the Rockstar Pass *is* the DLC, just all as a lump for $30. I should think before I write. Though I'm still not seeing where the 35% comes in.

Anyways, if in any of this stuff there is a single player mode where you just kill wave after wave of enemies in various environments, I will buy that for sure.

There are 4 DLC packs in total. 1 has already been released

6. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Aug 1, 2012, 09:27 Dmitri_M

Aero wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 09:20:
It's a shame there is no single-player play except for the story mode. I liked that and all, but all the cut scenes make me not willing to replay it to get to the action scenes so much, so just putting me in, say, the airport or office foyer level with respawning waves of enemies would be plenty for me. I find it hard to imagine they couldn't whip that up pretty easily.

After completing the game and not touching it for weeks I booted it up and tried playing through some of the story stuff, but being forced to sit through the forever cutscenes killed it. Uninstalled.

Also, at 30gig for an install folder that thing was dead weight. 8 gigs in the cutscenes folder. Hell yeah. Bye bye.

I replayed MP1 and MP2 over and over after completion.

Way to go encouraging no one to return to your game, or to purchase your DLC.

5. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Aug 1, 2012, 09:20 Aero

It's a shame there is no single-player play except for the story mode. I liked that and all, but all the cut scenes make me not willing to replay it to get to the action scenes so much, so just putting me in, say, the airport or office foyer level with respawning waves of enemies would be plenty for me. I find it hard to imagine they couldn't whip that up pretty easily.

4. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Aug 1, 2012, 09:20 Parallax Abstraction

I've read before that all DLC is multi-player map packs only. No single player content is scheduled for release.

That's what I read too and yeah, might as well skip it. There isn't much of a multiplayer population for this game and despite Rockstar's promises to clamp down on cheaters, they're still everywhere. It's very hard to play a round of Gang Wars without at least one person with a 100% kill ratio or near to it. The multiplayer has some promising concepts but with the number of people playing it, it's not worth buying DLC for.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

3. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Aug 1, 2012, 00:16 theyarecomingforyou

Fair enough, then it looks like I'll skip it all.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

2. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Jul 31, 2012, 23:51 Techie714 ©

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Jul 31, 2012, 21:36 Aero

Um... so the Rockstar Pass, which costs $30, saves me 35% on $30 worth of DLC? That can't be right.

edit: Wait... the so the Rockstar Pass *is* the DLC, just all as a lump for $30. I should think before I write. Though I'm still not seeing where the 35% comes in.

Anyways, if in any of this stuff there is a single player mode where you just kill wave after wave of enemies in various environments, I will buy that for sure.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo