Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Political Machine 2012 Released

Stardock Entertainment announces a chance to take another ride on the virtual election cycle with the release of The Political Machine 2012, an updated version of this simulation of the squeaky clean world of U.S. politics. Here's the deal:

Calling all armchair presidential candidates! Today Stardock Entertainment announced the 2012 edition of its popular political strategy game, The Political Machine. Play as a myriad of political powerhouses including Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich or create your own candidate from scratch and march toward the White House in the best election simulator available. The Political Machine 2012 is available now for $9.95 through most digital distributors, including Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/211120/). It requires a Windows PC and an Internet connection to download.

The Political Machine 2012 features updated political topics from across the United States such as Afghanistan, the economy, Obamacare, income inequality, gun control, gay rights and the national debt. Regional issues require the candidate to walk a tight rope between appealing to the widest range of voters and appearing to “flip flop”.

Players take to the campaign trail against a computer controlled opponent or a human challenger over the Internet. Can you conduct a campaign savvy enough to win the hearts and minds of America’s voters to achieve victory in the 2012 presidential election?

Stardock CEO and President Brad Wardell stated, “The algorithms involved in this simulator are frighteningly accurate. When playing the game as true to reality as possible, the last two presidential election results came very close to what the game ultimately predicted.”

The 2012 version includes user interface features allowing for fans to create custom candidates and post them on Facebook, Steam achievements, graphical improvements, new gameplay features and more.

Visit www.politicalmachine.com to learn more.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 2, 2012, 09:34 RollinThundr

Quboid wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 09:11:
AnointedSword wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 22:32:
I will play Obama!

What I say: I support our troops!

What I do: gut the military (look at what say, rather than what I do!)

OBama, 2012!

Paid for by: the left wing media and drones that would believe anything that people say.

You appear to have believed what Fox has told you. I hope the irony isn't lost on you.

I'm still trying to figure out why liberals are so afraid that there's one single conservative leaning news station. You folks have all the rest of them what's the issue?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 2, 2012, 06:32 AnointedSword

oh, I forgot to mention that the economy is doing fine! We added new jobs, but for some reason I started with more jobs? Sorry for the new type of math we use, we just want to be transparent and let everyone know what we are doing! Oo Oh, ya and how you can tell we are telling the truth is we take responsibility for all the good and blame Bush for all the bad! Pretty smart, huh?  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

12. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 1, 2012, 15:28 MajorD

saluk wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 14:31:
MajorD wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 10:01:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 00:10:
I will play Obama!

OBama, 2012!

Paid for by: the left wing media and drones that would believe anything that people say.

Yup, it sure looks like Obama is gutting the defense budget. That's why it goes up every year.

Ignorance must be bliss, which explains why you're so happy.

Oh yes, because we should believe everything on Wikipedia; especially when it comes to politics. /sarcasm

Or you can just go to the original document wikipedia cites as it's source. Or you can just believe everything you hear on fox news without checking sources....

True, but I don't believe any of it! CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc.; it's not 'news', most of it is just ‘persuasive advertisement’!

11. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 1, 2012, 14:31 saluk

MajorD wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 10:01:
I will play Obama!

OBama, 2012!

Yup, it sure looks like Obama is gutting the defense budget. That's why it goes up every year.

Oh yes, because we should believe everything on Wikipedia; especially when it comes to politics. /sarcasm

Or you can just go to the original document wikipedia cites as it's source. Or you can just believe everything you hear on fox news without checking sources....

10. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 1, 2012, 10:01 MajorD

I will play Obama!

OBama, 2012!

9. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 1, 2012, 09:11 Quboid

I will play Obama!

OBama, 2012!

You appear to have believed what Fox has told you. I hope the irony isn't lost on you.

- Quboid

8. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 1, 2012, 05:50 Bet

Dirwulf wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 03:12:
Flatline wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 02:22:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 21:56:
You know, I love politics, and I love games, but the idea of a game based on politics is just so unappealing? Is it just me? Maybe I feel this way because games are fantasy and politics is reality?

Actually, there's a board game called 1960: The Making of a President that's *excellent*, a real brain-burner.

Also, the 1993 PC game Shadow President was quite good.
Bravo, good sirs. I'd buy all three of you a pint for being so damned productively topical on this issue.

Rare these days. Good on yous.

Twilight Struggle is also quite a good game if you like Making of a President (if a bit more darkly themed, exact same gameplay, same devs). Off-topic for me, minus points.

7. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 1, 2012, 03:12 Dirwulf

Flatline wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 02:22:
You know, I love politics, and I love games, but the idea of a game based on politics is just so unappealing? Is it just me? Maybe I feel this way because games are fantasy and politics is reality?

Actually, there's a board game called 1960: The Making of a President that's *excellent*, a real brain-burner.

Also, the 1993 PC game Shadow President was quite good.

6. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 1, 2012, 02:22 Flatline

5. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 1, 2012, 02:12 PropheT

They have enough fantasy to them that they're pretty fun games if you have any interest in the process itself. You really don't ever worry about the real issues outside of the context of the game; no agendas or stress involved.

I haven't tried this one yet, but I liked the older ones even if they're not exactly brimming with longevity and depth.

4. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 1, 2012, 00:10 jdreyer

I will play Obama!

OBama, 2012!

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 1, 2012, 00:06 finga

I will play Obama!

OBama, 2012!

Which is generally not what he did (see: general DOD/Pentagon budget increases during Obama administration http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:InflationAdjustedDefenseSpending.PNG ), but the interesting thing here is that you can't even do this in the game itself. Everyone is considered a candidate and no one is an incumbent who gets to run on their record as president or do things as president that could affect their polling/election outcome.

2. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Jul 31, 2012, 22:32 AnointedSword

I will play Obama!

OBama, 2012!

If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

1. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Jul 31, 2012, 21:56 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo